name that movie? #1

Tools    

am looking for the title of a film I saw in the late 80s. Had a female star like Rene Russo and was a sci-fi film set in the future. Most people had become sterile - and there were a group of women trained to be surrogate mothers for wealthy couples. The surrogates wore red robes and I can see them in some stadium being lectured on how to "perform" for their 'host' couple. Anything ringing a bell?

Thanks very much
Kate

Arresting your development
I would like to help you...but I feel that we don't know eachother well yet.

Hi! I'm Mr. Last. When I go to work, I mainly hang out here in MoFo land.

What are your favorite movies?

Let's make that first step into a larger world...we are a fine bunch once you get to know us. This place is pretty cool...and I'll show you one user who thinks that he is a frog. I promise! How can you say no to that?
This is a give/give relationship...and we are all dying to meet you. Well maybe not all of us. But that's the joy of the mingle.

I hope to see you around.

Originally Posted by SamsoniteDelilah
The Handmaid's Tale?
Doh!

Yes - I barged in with a need - I realize that message boards are not always amenable to the needy newbie.....so I'm sorry about that....
Favorite movies -
Apocalypse Now
To Kill a Mockingbird
Flash Gordon
Grumpy Old Men
Mame - the Roz Russell one
so many it's hard to name....
I have enjoyed reading some of the posts here and getting to know the posters....look forward to more!
kate

and YES - the Handmaid's Tale!!! Thank you thank you.....

Originally Posted by katimae
Yes - I barged in with a need - I realize that message boards are not always amenable to the needy newbie.....so I'm sorry about that....
Favorite movies -
Apocalypse Now
To Kill a Mockingbird
Flash Gordon
Grumpy Old Men
Mame - the Roz Russell one
so many it's hard to name....
I have enjoyed reading some of the posts here and getting to know the posters....look forward to more!
kate
Nice to meet you.

Now that we are introduced don't be afraid to ask and post around.

Yoda is the man here and he has a few horsemen~ and woman (I'm winking at you Caitlyn) ...

Every one say (HI!) to katimae...

See ya around! (Think she'll be back?)