Yasashii's Top 10 Movies to Watch Drunk

Tools    

There are movies which require a sober mind and then there are those... which don't. In fact, for unfathomable reasons some movies are most fun when there's alcohol running through one's veins and preferably with a group of friends. Here are my top 10 movies best watched drunk:

10. Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby (2006)

It's a Will Ferrell movie. That alone is enough. It's just as enjoyably weird as any other of his movies but what makes this one special for me is that it's about racing, which I love.

9. The Hangover Part III (2013)

The first movie of the series was very funny. The second was a bitter disappointment (at least for me) but this one really killed. There are weird and extreme things going on and that is a lot of fun when there is something extreme going through your brain.

8. Space Warriors (2013)

I know, I know but bear with me for a moment. This movie is aimed at children. Fair enough, some things can be forgiven. But you know how Pixar and Disney make their movies in a way that allows children to understand them and without making them laughably dumb so that adults can enjoy them as well? The makers of Space Warriors didn't make that effort. In fact, they didn't make any effort at all.

What it is is a low-budget ripoff of SpaceCamp (1986) which is so poorly made that it's incredibly ridiculous. In my opinion this is one of the best worst movies ever and it deserves a spot right next to The Room. A little bit of alcohol is required to make you desensitized to the movies dudu factor, after which you can freely laugh like mad at the nonsense of the story, the acting, the special effects... well... everything in every single scene, really.

7. Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues (2013)

Why does this list deserve yet another Will Ferrell movie? Because as weird as his movies are, they are kept "reasonably" realistic most of the time. This one might give you an impression that it is fairly reasonable at first but then it goes absolutely mad. For example, by the end there is an absolutely crazy fight which doesn't care about the rules of probability or even rules of physics.

6. BASEketball (1998)

You might recognize the two guys in the poster as Trey Parker and Matt Stone and you are likely to know that they are the makers of South Park. As far as I care, everything these two touch is comedy gold and this movie is no exception.

btw. I want someone to make the sport depicted in the movie a reality! Please!

5. Scott Pilgrim vs. the World (2010)

This is not the funniest movie in the world but it sure is up there when it comes to being trippy and ridiculous. There are some things in it which either don't make sense for a purpose or they require some knowledge of the comic books on which the movie was based (which I don't have).

This one will definitely bring your alcohol high to another level.

4. Superbad (2007)

This position on the list might as well have said "any Jonah Hill movie" but since I'm trying to be specific I put this one up here. In my opinion this is the best of his movies. Enough said.

3. Grown Ups 2 (2013)

A group of comedians who had their five minutes in the 90's meet up again for a movie written by and starring Adam Sandler. Sounds awful, doesn't it?

It sure must have been awful for most of the critics who went to see this flick which resulted in a phenomenally low score on RottenTomatoes.com (7%), but the general public seemed to appreciate it somewhat more since they gave it 54%. There is a very good reason for that, you see: movie critics can't drink when they are on the job, while everyone else can.

The movie brings back memories of days past since you see comedians you've long forgotten about and it puts you in a properly holiday-ish mood since it's about events taking place during a multi-family holiday during the summer.

2. Harold & Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay (2008)

This script for this movie can't possibly have been written by sober people. Not a chance. It's also not been written for sober people. This is a purpose-made film tailored perfectly for those of us who've had a few.

1. South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut (1999)

This shouldn't be surprising, really. It is, in my opinion, Trey Parker's and Matt Stone's best work to date. It is also a musical. I don't normally watch musicals for the same reasons why other males don't but an exception has to be made in this case.

The nonsense, the jokes and the barking-mad story make it a wonderful experience and as a bonus, when this movie is over, you will catch yourself humming the songs. For a long time. Why does this movie have to be watched drunk? I honestly don't know. It just is and it's as simple as that.

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
My picks:

Road House
Jerry Maguire
Under Siege
Anchorman
Old School
Hot Tub Time Machine
Highlander
Highlander 2
Out For Justice
Timecop (this really can be interchanged with any Van Damme film)

Hot Tub Time Machine!
The perfect remake of the 80s, with all the wackiness of our present day!