Things that annoy you...

Tools    

Christmas shopping annoys me, not the holiday itself but the amount of time, money and effort that goes into buying adults gifts that they don't need, don't want and won't use. No wonder $hristmas starts with a C.

Christmas shopping annoys me, not the holiday itself but the amount of time, money and effort that goes into buying adults gifts that they don't need, don't want and won't use. No wonder $hristmas starts with a C.
My suggestion & solution to the Christmas shopping crunch (which no one ever bought into) was everybody goes out (or these days just orders) the one thing they want most!

They get their gift home, they wrap it, and on Christmas morning (or eve, whatever your tradition) everyone opens their presents - everyone gets exactly what they want, need or know they will use. No one has to guess what 20 different people might want, no one ends up disappointed by another tie, wrong-sized clothes, or fruitcake, no one has to stay up all night wrapping gifts or stressing out.

Yes, people may not want to apply this where kids are involved, but to me it seemed the perfect solution for adults to avoid last year's Christmas gifts ending up on next year's yard sale table.

I like your idea Captain! And I partially did just that. To make shopping easier on my parents.

I bought my own gift from Amazon and gave it to my parents when the package arrived and they reimbursed me for the cost. Oh and yes I confirmed the cost was OK with my mom before buying.

Though I might have to return it as it's a Seagate Backup Plus Hub 8TB Desktop Hard Drive and on second thought I'm not sure if it will work on my computer....problems, problems!

Vehicles that drive up to a building & start blowing their horn for someone inside. Lazy noisy mothers! Use your freakin’ cell phone to connect with the person inside!

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I hate companies that don't know how to pack items for shipping properly.

I've ordered a bunch of stuff from Walmart over the past few months, and I've come to the conclusion that they have idiots working in their warehouse.

Hubby and I ordered a bunch of (Walmart Exclusive) Funko Pops recently. The Funko Pops that we ordered are collectible items. When we ordered one Pop, they jammed it into a padded envelope so the box got crushed in shipping. When we ordered two Pops, they shipped them in a box, but the shipping box was too big for the items, and they didn't put enough packing in the box, so they rolled around the box, and got damaged. When we ordered more than two Pops, they still didn't use enough packing in the box, but at lease there was less room for them to roll around, so they got minimal damage.

But last week we were placing an order, and we needed another $2 in the order to meet the minimum amount for free shipping, so we added a box of band-aids. For some reason, the band-aids were shipped separately from the other items. The band-aids were bubble-wrapped and shipped in the proper size box.

I hate companies that don't know how to pack items for shipping properly.

I've ordered a bunch of stuff from Walmart over the past few months, and I've come to the conclusion that they have idiots working in their warehouse.

Hubby and I ordered a bunch of (Walmart Exclusive) Funko Pops recently. The Funko Pops that we ordered are collectible items. When we ordered one Pop, they jammed it into a padded envelope so the box got crushed in shipping. When we ordered two Pops, they shipped them in a box, but the shipping box was too big for the items, and they didn't put enough packing in the box, so they rolled around the box, and got damaged. When we ordered more than two Pops, they still didn't use enough packing in the box, but at lease there was less room for them to roll around, so they got minimal damage.

But last week we were placing an order, and we needed another $2 in the order to meet the minimum amount for free shipping, so we added a box of band-aids. For some reason, the band-aids were shipped separately from the other items. The band-aids were bubble-wrapped and shipped in the proper size box.
So stupid & annoying. Amazon always packs things nicely.

So stupid & annoying. Amazon always packs things nicely.

We don't buy much from Amazon, but Hubby and I have been thinking about getting Amazon Prime, so that might change soon. We've been having a lot of problems with rude, obnoxious, and incompetent store workers recently, so we're trying to find ways to stay out of the stores, and Amazon might be the answer because of their free shipping with Prime option.

We don't buy much from Amazon, but Hubby and I have been thinking about getting Amazon Prime, so that might change soon. We've been having a lot of problems with rude, obnoxious, and incompetent store workers recently, so we're trying to find ways to stay out of the stores, and Amazon might be the answer because of their free shipping with Prime option.
Been with Amazon since day 1, but never signed up for Prime. I very rarely need something the next day. I can wait a few days so long as I have free shipping. More often than not, they send my stuff early anyway.

The Amazon returns are so easy these days. Just drop it off at Whole Foods or UPS & they don’t need you to box it or wrap it - the store does all that.

My suggestion & solution to the Christmas shopping crunch (which no one ever bought into) was everybody goes out (or these days just orders) the one thing they want most!

They get their gift home, they wrap it, and on Christmas morning (or eve, whatever your tradition) everyone opens their presents - everyone gets exactly what they want, need or know they will use. No one has to guess what 20 different people might want, no one ends up disappointed by another tie, wrong-sized clothes, or fruitcake, no one has to stay up all night wrapping gifts or stressing out.

Yes, people may not want to apply this where kids are involved, but to me it seemed the perfect solution for adults to avoid last year's Christmas gifts ending up on next year's yard sale table.
Gift cards rule in our family. I mean, who doesn't like cash?

I personally don't like gift cards (unless, maybe they're for a pizza place that you order from regularly). Otherwise, gift cards are like a new chore that's been put upon you - now you HAVE to go shop at a specific store (whether you want to or not) if you don't want the giver to forfeit their money. And if you're like me, after Christmas you've had it with shopping.

I personally don't like gift cards (unless, maybe they're for a pizza place that you order from regularly). Otherwise, gift cards are like a new chore that's been put upon you - now you HAVE to go shop at a specific store (whether you want to or not) if you don't want the giver to forfeit their money. And if you're like me, after Christmas you've had it with shopping.
This is why gift cards are popular with the stores/restaurants et al. Most people don’t redeem them so it’s a win for the store itself. People forget they have them or have no desire to buy anything at that particular place.

Duplicate Account (locked)
This is why gift cards are popular with the stores/restaurants et al. Most people don’t redeem them so it’s a win for the store itself. People forget they have them or have no desire to buy anything at that particular place.

I never thought about it that way, but you're right...if someone in your family is like "here's 20 burger bucks!", and you say thanks out of politeness but hate hamburgers, that's pure profit for the store.

Makes sense.

Here in Michigan we have a 10¢ deposit on all cans and bottles. Only about 75-80% are returned. That's a cash cow, feeding off the lazy and can't-be-bothered crowds.

Been with Amazon since day 1, but never signed up for Prime. I very rarely need something the next day. I can wait a few days so long as I have free shipping. More often than not, they send my stuff early anyway.

The Amazon returns are so easy these days. Just drop it off at Whole Foods or UPS & they don’t need you to box it or wrap it - the store does all that.

I think one of the advantages of Amazon Prime is that you get free shipping on everything, regardless of how much you spend. Without Prime, I think you have to spend at least either $25 or $35 to get free shipping.

With the shipping charges rising to about $5 or $6 every time I order something on other sites, it probably only takes two or three small orders every month to make it worth the price.

I think gift cards are only a good gift if you know the person who you are buying the gift card for, and you buy the right card. For example, if someone loves reading, then a gift card to Barnes & Noble Bookstore is a great gift.

But if you just randomly buy gift cards for people without knowing what they like, then it's not a very thoughtful gift.

Believe it or not, I'm responsible for the trend of gift card giving...or at least you can say I was an early pioneer in popularizing the idea some 25 years ago. 25 years ago my brother didn't know what to buy his girlfriend for Christmas as he had just met her. I suggested getting a gift card for the mall. It was such a popular idea that gift card giving became standardized in my family, then later it spread all over America, maybe even the world and you guys are even talking about now. I kinda regret kicking off this trend as I find giving gift cards lazy and well I am lazy so most people this Christmas got gift cards from me.