Angels and Demons

Tools    

it is a book for the semi-illiterate masses witch goes for the lowest common denominator in its quest
Ahhh...the sweet, sweet taste of irony...

I find a lot of people that try and disrespect Dan Brown for bringing this story to the "masses" are actually religious people who got their asses handed to them...they seem to be on a WHICH hunt (see what I did there? clever hey!?!)

...a bit like Edith in "The Man From Earth"...

It is quite the ironic quote. He is from Norway though, so...you know.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

I think that Angels and Demons will make for a better movie than Da Vinci Code simply because the plot is basically already a screenplay. The book is much better suited to being an action movie, it has discrete climax points with a clear and simple, "we have to do these five things to solve the problem...ok we've down the first one, now let's do the second one" style plot.

Since the producers seem committed to translating the books line by line (which backfired when Da Vinci Code just would not END) I think the A&D material will serve them much better. I'm excited to see it...except for Hanks's wig that is...

It's Hanks and I've been craving an actor that I grew up with. The trailer looks really good. Am I the only one not clicking with this generations stars?

This movie disappointed me. :/
I thought was going to be about like a war between actual Angels and Demons, but it's about some murder and has nothing to do with fantasy...

The Lord of the Rings

Because imdb has the movie Angels and Demons set for release on May 15th, 2009.
Oh! I guess I kind of worded that wrong, sorry.
I meant when me and my dad went to go see Underworld 3, I saw a poster of Angels and Demons and I thought it was going to be about....well like I said in my other post, but then I looked it up and found out what it was really about.
I didn't mean I went to see it. Sorry about that.

Yes!

I love the books and I love Tom Hanks. What could be better?

This one is better than Da Vinci's Code but watching the trailer it seems as they made an action movie with all of the explosions and gunfire which are not mentioned in the book at all or are a little exaggerated