Song Tournament 2000

Tools    

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
oh oh, conspiracy theory: except for the very first one, me and @SilentVamp are exactly the same lol

1. Badfinger-Day After Day vs. George Harrison - My Sweet Lord (I just prefer the melody)
2. Van Halen - Panama vs. Get Ready - The Temptations (I chose more energetic tune)
3. You Don't Mess Around with Jim - Jim Croce vs. Jaime Wyatt - Misery and Gin (Jim Croce's song is more up lifting, but Jamie Wyatt's song is more relevant to me, besides I like vocal and rhyme harmony, so I go with the later)
4. Madonna - Live to Tell vs. Chaka Khan-Ain't Nobody (I like dream-like qualities of Madonna song)
5. Queens Of The Stone Age - No One Knows vs. Eric Strickland - 18 Wheels of Hell on the Highway (First song is no way to beat Eric Strickland's liberatingly breezy song)
6. The Allman Brothers Band - Ramblin' Man vs. Eric Strickland - Haggard & Hell (First song is worthy contender, but Eric Strickland's country harmony accompanied by solid voice wins)
7. Toto-Africa vs. Los Bravos-Black is Black (Second song has no chance to win against Africa concoction)
8. Linkin Park - Numb vs. Buddy Holly - Everyday ("Numb" is amazing, though no bother "Everyday" song is good as well)

ROUND 4

1. Badfinger-Day After Day vs. George Harrison - My Sweet Lord

2. Van Halen - Panama vs. Get Ready - The Temptations

3. You Don't Mess Around with Jim - Jim Croce vs. Jaime Wyatt - Misery and Gin

4. Madonna - Live to Tell vs. Chaka Khan-Ain't Nobody

5. Queens Of The Stone Age - No One Knows vs. Eric Strickland - 18 Wheels of Hell on the Highway

6. The Allman Brothers Band - Ramblin' Man vs. Eric Strickland - Haggard & Hell

7. Toto-Africa vs. Los Bravos-Black is Black

8. Linkin Park - Numb vs. Buddy Holly - Everyday

Let the night air cool you off

3. You Don't Mess Around with Jim - Jim Croce vs. Jaime Wyatt - Misery and Gin

4. Madonna - Live to Tell vs. Chaka Khan-Ain't Nobody

5. Queens Of The Stone Age - No One Knows vs. Eric Strickland - 18 Wheels of Hell on the Highway

You Don't Mess Around with Jim - Jim Croce
Chaka Khan-Ain't Nobody
Eric Strickland - 18 Wheels of Hell on the Highway

.... are 3 of the Final 8 songs.

Waiting on votes from @Joel and @Derek Vinyard

3. You Don't Mess Around with Jim - Jim Croce vs. Jaime Wyatt - Misery and Gin (Winner already determined)

4. Madonna - Live to Tell vs. Chaka Khan-Ain't Nobody (Winner already determined)

5. Queens Of The Stone Age - No One Knows vs. Eric Strickland - 18 Wheels of Hell on the Highway (Winner already determined)

I would love to see one of Eric Strickland's songs make it to the final. I just couldn't vote for him this round and be honest about it.
It sure as hell looks like Eric What's-his-face is going all the way. If he does, this thing will turn into yet another boring final match
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

Also, I'm sharing credit with Cricket if any of the songs I picked for him make it to the finals.

It sure as hell looks like Eric What's-his-face is going all the way. If he does, this thing will turn into yet another boring final match
I have to agree. Obscure songs (especially country ones) making it to the finals has become such a trendy thing.

lol what the hell? Eric Strickland is a total unknown. How is that boring?

I have to agree. Obscure songs (especially country ones) making it to the finals has become such a trendy thing.
Surely this can't actually be a thing right? Is this what has been happening since I've been away from these things?

In that case, if Chaka Khan or Buddy Holly win this thing, I'll take part of the credit since I nominated them before, and they were both kicked out in the 2nd round, as is always the case with the majority or all of my nominations.

I just don't f**king get it anymore??

Surely this can't actually be a thing right? Is this what has been happening since I've been away from these things?
Oh hell yeah. THIS is what won Song Tournament 19.

That's what happens when I don't participate in Song Tournaments (because I took a break, too).

In that case, if Chaka Khan or Buddy Holly win this thing, I'll take part of the credit since I nominated them before, and they were both kicked out in the 2nd round, as is always the case with the majority or all of my nominations.

I just don't f**king get it anymore??
But I actually did select the Chaka Khan song this time. I just put them under Cricket's noms because he only wanted 10 songs, so I picked 10 other songs for him. So if that wins, it'll say Nominated by Cricket & Sexy Celebrity.

That's what happens when I don't participate in Song Tournaments (because I took a break, too).
That's not a bad song, but things have certainly changed.

That Peggy Lee thing has become the infamous tourney winner. I still cringe at the thought of it beating a ******** of great tunes. Like WTF?

But I actually did select the Chaka Khan song this time. I just put them under Cricket's noms because he only wanted 10 songs, so I picked 10 other songs for him. So if that wins, it'll say Nominated by Cricket & Sexy Celebrity.
Next tourney, I will let everybody else pick nominations for me. Maybe then, I'll have a crack at the finals again

That's not a bad song, but things have certainly changed.
What changed was I took a break and Chypmunk, Christine, gbgoodies and some others took over.