The Dark Knight Rises

Tools    

Semper Fooey
Frank Gorshen really created the Riddler. He only appeared twice in the 1940s in back-to-back stories, and just happened to be revived as the television series was developed. He was pretty bland in the comic books, like other second string Batman villains like Signal Man. But Gorshen gave him the weird giggle more appropriate for the Joker (and Gorshen even looked more like the Joker). He was the best villain in the television series and upgraded the Riddller to the first rank.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
Perhaps they will merge Batman #429 (originally with joker as the baddie) with the Riddler.

Honestly, Batman has some pretty lame villians.

Seeing as Jonathan Crane is already established, maybe they will do a spin with Fright and the Scarebeast.

Also in a sign of the times, Warren White (aka great white shark) might work.

http://batman.wikia.com/wiki/Great_White_Shark

I think theres something to be said for taking a little known character and making it your own.

I like the fact that Nolan's Batman villains are not just any megalomaniacs but guys with a belief that they can create a new world order of some sort..

This makes me even more interested in what he he has planned for Riddler..

Also I wonder if Nolan will feature 2 villains once again... even the earlier Batman movies began to feature 2 villains right from the second movie.

Anarchist within reason
[quote=genesis_pig;672636]Also Andrew Koenig portrayed a brilliant Joker in the short film Dead End[quote]

He got a cameo in The Dark Knight didn't he? Dead End was really good, they did another one it's on Youtube if you haven't seen it. 'Patient J' it's called I think.
If at his council I should turn aside, Into that ominous tract which all agree, Hides the Dark Tower. Yet aquiescingly I did turn as he pointed, neither pride nor hope at the end descried, so much as gladness that some end might be.

Robert Browning 'Childe Roland to The Dark Tower Came'

Patient J was done by a different set of people, that was good too..
Andrew Koenig starred in only 1 Batman short..

I am not sure if you are aware, but he passed away in February this year, he was the son of Walter Koenig (Chekov from Star Trek)

Anarchist within reason
That's a shame, the guy had talent.

Oh right, thanks for the correct. How would you see the Riddler portrayed?

Rule Britannia....
Yup, I've read Killing Joke, and I've found some resemblance with the Nolan's Joker.
Also, I said it was just small influence, not that he (Nolan) did the Joker on the particular comic.

on the Riddler talk.. Well, I just hope Nolan continues in his realistic way, making the Riddler a new dark and mysterious image with the elements of obsessive compulsive portrayal.
As for the costume, don't know what can be said.. I just hope, it won't be any ''fancy dresses''(Joel Sch.), and have full faith it'll all turns out well just as Batman Begins and The Dark Knight..

Little off topic here but since you guys are talking about Nolan. I wonder what he has planned for the new Superman movie. I hope he brings that realism he did with Batman.

Semper Fooey
Realism in Superman? He comes from another planet, can fly in outer space, and has X ray and heat vision.

Ain't no way.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
maybe DC and Warner Brothers will get the kid from smallville and adapt to the big screen.

Realism in Superman? He comes from another planet, can fly in outer space, and has X ray and heat vision.

Ain't no way.
LoL... Very True..
Singer tried to be really realistic with SR.. & it was crap...
Make a superman movie where he kicks the crap out of super-powered baddies & I'm in..

Semper Fooey
I think they should cast the Smallville guy. But they better hurry up and make the SM movie before he turns forty and is too old.

Had seen a photoshopped pic of that Smallville guy in superman costume... He really looked good..
But I am sure they wont cast him, as people would confuse the movie with the TV show..

But he'd my top recommendation for the role anyway..

Sodding things up comes naturally to me!
I really would love to see Harley Quinn in the next one, especially as she hasnt been done yet on the big screen.

I really would love to see Harley Quinn in the next one, especially as she hasnt been done yet on the big screen.
My daughter would LOVE for this to happen. She may drive me crazy with it, though.

Had seen a photoshopped pic of that Smallville guy in superman costume... He really looked good..
But I am sure they wont cast him, as people would confuse the movie with the TV show..

But he'd my top recommendation for the role anyway..
Is Smallville an accessible show to where I could tune in for the last season and "get" what's happening?

My daughter would LOVE for this to happen. She may drive me crazy with it, though.
ha ha, I'm like that with my friends though, drive them mad as they all just want to see the riddler

Is Smallville an accessible show to where I could tune in for the last season and "get" what's happening?
Smallville is brilliant, but the continuity of the characters are important, and you might loose certain plot point from previous episodes and get lost. But they are available online for free somewhere, legally that is, just not the new season obviously.

Semper Fooey
That show jumped the shark years ago. I looked at it early this season and had no idea what was going on. It's not even in Smallville anymore. But the lead looks the part and can act, which certainly wasn't true of the non actor in that Singer movie. The danger in casting Superman, unlike Batman, you need a very specific physical type which probably means casting a little known actor.

Rule Britannia....
Batman 3: Christopher Nolan confirmed, start date hinted

It’s definite: Christopher Nolan will direct the next Batman film. And actor Michael Caine reckons the cameras will start rolling next spring…

Published on Sep 30, 2010

It's been a long time coming, but Christopher Nolan has finally confirmed that his next project will, indeed, be directing his third Batman movie. The film, which is still going by the working title of Batman 3, will see Christian Bale return to the lead role, and Nolan - who has been overseeing the production thus far - will presumably make this his final trip to Gotham City. Pity the person who has to follow him.
The project is still mired in a degree of mystery, mind. There's still no confirmation of the main villain, even though rampant speculation suggests The Riddler will be stepping centre stage. And casting, clearly, is still a little way away. Nolan revealed to Empire that he's still tinkering with getting the script right.
So, when will the film shoot? Well, according to Michael Caine, who was talking on The Chris Moyles Show yesterday, it will "probably start in May of next year". And will he be in it? "I assume I'm there. In the movie business, you never believe anything, you assume."
The target release date for the film remains July 20th 2012. And as we find out more, we'll let you know!
------------------------------------------------------------------------
source:http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/6164...te_hinted.html