Comfort in a Cathode Ray

Tools    

A couple years ago there was a transition, studios began investing more money in television programming than they did in movies.

We are in the golden age of television!
There is so much great programming.

Why is the television forum a "sub-forum" of miscellaneous chat.
It's even worse than that.. it mixed in with music.

Why doesn't television discussion have it's own place to call home?

#TelevisionProgrammingMatters

Right at the top of the forums we have the General Movie Discussion.
I petition that directly underneath it should be the General Television Discussion!

Right there at the top of the page!

TV's better than films, has been for ages, but this is a film site. So, y'know. It's kind of to be expected.

Yeah, the simple answer is that the site's about movies first and foremost. That, and screen real estate is zero sum: anything made more prominent makes something else less prominent.

If there were a more elegant way to elevate it, I'd probably do it, but taxonomy-wise it fits under Intermission (IE: anything not movie-related) best.

Don't think there's enough tv discussion here to warrant it's on forum. The only shows that seem to get discussed a lot here are Game of Thrones and The Walking Dead i think and the Television Tab sometimes goes over a week without a post. Think it's only really Christine, HK and to a lesser extent me that consistently use the Tab.

Yeah, the simple answer is that the site's about movies first and foremost. That, and screen real estate is zero sum: anything made more prominent makes something else less prominent.

If there were a more elegant way to elevate it, I'd probably do it, but taxonomy-wise it fits under Intermission (IE: anything not movie-related) best.
At the very least television deserves it's own forum under Misc and not one mixed in with music. Times have changed. The line between television and movie is not what it once was.

Maybe it doesn't get used very much because it's a tiny subforum link.