Movie Tab

Tools    

Actually, I believe Pu Yi was not his full name, but rather his given name.

Last night I watched Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon on DVD. Fell in love all over again.

Also, borrowed an anime movie from Mr. OG called Ninja Scroll...Anybody seen it? Entertaining as hell.

Planning on seeing Swordfish tonight...looks pretty cool.

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Saw Swordfish last night, Almost Famous earlier in the week, borrowed it from Steve N., and watched the commentary on Se7en.

Is swordfish any good? I heard there was some stuff there thats not for minors & I just dont mean Miss Hallies berries, hee hee hee. I dont think Pigsnie will take me.

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
I liked it alot. It was very entertaining, for me. Mainly because of a few small details not many people would care about. And there wasn't anything in there too bad. I have seen ALOT worse in movies. Although I don't know why I'm saying "worse", since I liked it!

Well here's what I watched since Wednesday:

The Professional
Black Mask
The Shining
Two Girls & a Guy
Duets
O Brother Where Art Thou?
Hard Boiled
Castaway
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
Shaft
Rocky Horror Picture Show
The Peacemaker
Donnie Brasco

Isn't Two Girls and a Guy great?

I've watched lots of flicks lately, but the two that have stuck in my mind are Ran (for the 5th time) and Pay it Forward, which is officially the worst movie ever made. OK, i'm lying. But it's a terrible, terrible exercise in New-Agey crap. It's so manipulative, it's shameful. Avoid this one, fellow posters. Please.

I actually didn't really care for Two Girls & A Guy. Robert Downey Jr's performance is terrific, but overall the movie didn't really do much for me. I don't think I have ever seen a movie with so much audio dubbed over, and poorly at that.

Pay it Forward could have been fantastic, but the ending was so bad that it absolutely ruined the first hour and a half.

I didn't see too much of Two Girls & A Guy, but I don't care for overly/un-necessarily raunchy dialogue, thank you very much.

Anyway, my tab lately:

- Lara Croft: Tomb Raider
- The Thomas Crown Affair
- Parts of The Wedding Singer.
- Parts of Stargate.

If you don't care for that sort of dialogue than you certainly didn't miss much TWT. I think that it was trying to make a statement about modern life, but I am a pretty tradtional guy so I was actually rather disgusted by most of it... Robert Downey Jr. certainly was amazing though, too bad he's such an adict.

Oh Brother where art thou?
Pretty funny movie. Loved the soundtrack.
But we had witnesses!

Originally posted by sunfrog
Oh Brother where art thou?
Pretty funny movie. Loved the soundtrack.
But we had witnesses!
He's bona fide: what're you? I saw this awhile back, but I think I forgot to list it here. Saw it several times actually. GREAT MOVIE.

Spartacus. Kirk douglas in not a good actor. tony curtis is also real bad. Only the brits are great, lawrence olivier is Scary, the way he slashed that gladiators neck & the blood hit his face. Peter ustinov is hilarious.

17.06.01 two girls and a guy. fantastic; i watched it twice in one sitting. excellent performances from all three actors, especially heather graham (my fave heather g moment is the bit in diggstown where she's walking some dogs along a country road and she smiles at james woods as he drives alongside her). natasha gregson-wagner was very natural, as in another day in paradise and so was robert downey jr. he's good at comedy too; i also liked only you. i may buy tgaag; i love the bit where he plays the piano down the phone to his agent.

Here's what I watched this past week.

Mystery Men
The Net
Pitch Black
Carnival of Souls
Best in Show
The Fast and the Furious
BioDome
Some Like It Hot
The Nutty Professor
Ace Ventura: Pet Detective
The Killer
Mars Attacks
Death Race 2000
Final Destination
Dirty Work
Bless the Child
Titan A.E.

From last weekend until this week, I watched many, many movies.

Tomb Raider - enjoyed it very much. Good popcorn movie.

On Video (made a couple trips to the Vault):

McCabe & Mrs. Miller (Altman)
Prospero's Books (Peter Greenaway)
Lair of the White Worm (Ken Russell)
The Music Lovers (Ken Russell)
Good Morning (Yasujiro Ozu)
Kwaidan (Masaki Kobayashi)
Do the Right Thing (Spike Lee) (just bought the DVD)
The Pledge (Sean Penn...excellent movie)
Traffic (My mom rented it, so I gave it a rewatch =))
Monty Python's Life of Brian (Terry Jones)
Tokyo Drifter (Seijun Suzuki)
High and Low (Kurosawa)

and I watched a movie called Carnival of Souls. any of you ever seen this? it's fantastic, I recommend it. It's a bit scary though, be warned.

lol, I just realized that you watched Carnival of Souls too mightymose. What did you think of it?

Honestly, I thought it was one of the better horror movies I've seen. The scenes with Herk (the director) dressed as The Man laying in the water were eerie as hell. I loved the water fade when she switched dimensions, or whatever it was that she did. I have heard about this movie before but never had a chance to watch it... I finally found it after years of searching, and it was even the Criterion Collection DVD. I loved all the special features in it. I am betting that if they hadn't lost that 8 min. reel of footage the movie would have been even better because it sounded like the lost footage was of the zombies coming out of the water.

Sure the movie was a bit predictable, but that's b/c it has been "borrowed" from for many years. I can't say for sure, but I am willing to bet that the concept was pretty fresh when they wrote it... the ballroom dancing scene is a classic!