The Bat Movies

→ in
Tools    

Off topic - but I really didn't like that heavy metal guitar riff (or whatever you call it) that was given as Wonder Woman's theme.

Nothing about it said "Wonder Woman" to me - it was just some grating-sounding techno grunge rock that felt as referential to Princess Diana as... oh, I don't know... maybe Prince music is to Batman!

I know it's cheesy, but I would've preferred something instrumental (symphonic) based on the old WW TV show theme - it was always catchy!

This might just do nobody any good.
I wonder if anyone apart from me has read The ******* Batman All Star Batman & Robin, The Boy Wonder, but it's an abomination you'll be glad you read. If you're a Batman fan, you will be offended. But it's so psychotic it's awesome. It's also really terrible, don't read it.
“I’m the ******* Batman and i can call my ******* car whatever the hell I want!”

- Batman’s pillow talk.

The fact that you've not already jumped on this has me worried. Very worried.

=///////

lol
Estimate you directed this my way @ynwtf

I gave Batman v Superman a fair shot. I like at least challenging myself with the fresh and the new, & I'll always be open-minded. Feel good about the write-up, 6.5 outta 10 isn't exactly earth-shattering either way, and I don't see why Affleck shouldn't get a shot at a pure Bat flick. I like the guy. Much Bat material at our disposal. Sure, I could have led off with an easier look like a Nolan or a Burton, but that could've been... expected

Molossus - Stay Calm

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
The fact that you've not already jumped on this has me worried. Very worried.

=///////

lol
Estimate you directed this my way @ynwtf

I gave Batman v Superman a fair shot. I like at least challenging myself with the fresh and the new, & I'll always be open-minded. Feel good about the write-up, 6.5 outta 10 isn't exactly earth-shattering either way, and I don't see why Affleck shouldn't get a shot at a pure Bat flick. I like the guy. Much Bat material at our disposal. Sure, I could have led off with an easier look like a Nolan or a Burton, but that could've been... expected

Molossus - Stay Calm

Nono you're good i was joking about cat_sidhe not yet replying to my comment on Jake gyllenhaal as Batman.

And I totally agree that he should have a dedicated Batman flick. Affleck that is!!

Um, OK. I just got back today planning on reviewing all 5he Burton/Schumacher movies, and I had no idea about this thread. Whoa.

@Nostromo87, have you seen either of these by any chance?

I’m not insinuating anything negative, btw, I was just wondering, if this is indeed the first time you’ve seen these videos, if there’s anything in them that approximates your vision? I think, side-by-side, they illustrate what I think I interpreted correctly from your pitch in the first page. Not a literal translation but the gist of it - The Batman as a literal idea, a pure symbol, the world of Gotham reworked as a kind of fun/mad house and the use of the colorful rogues gallery as sensory attack on the audience/protagonist. I think you also mention the Danny Elfman score as your favorite and I do love how the Batman Returns track, with it’s sad and/or ominous notes preceding the heroic fanfare, match with the tone of the Arkham book.

All of that and, of course, leaning much more heavily into the horror elemts of the character (btw, I vaguely recall reading somewhere that Inception started out as a horror movie. Hmm...)

@Nostromo87, have you seen either of these by any chance?

I’m not insinuating anything negative, btw, I was just wondering, if this is indeed the first time you’ve seen these videos, if there’s anything in them that approximates your vision? I think, side-by-side, they illustrate what I think I interpreted correctly from your pitch in the first page. Not a literal translation but the gist of it - The Batman as a literal idea, a pure symbol, the world of Gotham reworked as a kind of fun/mad house and the use of the colorful rogues gallery as sensory attack on the audience/protagonist. I think you also mention the Danny Elfman score as your favorite and I do love how the Batman Returns track, with it’s sad and/or ominous notes preceding the heroic fanfare, match with the tone of the Arkham book.

All of that and, of course, leaning much more heavily into the horror elemts of the character (btw, I vaguely recall reading somewhere that Inception started out as a horror movie. Hmm...)
Haven't seen them. Honestly, those are darker than I had in mind. I mean yea, pure horror, but think more original The Evil Dead (1981) pure horror rather than full hysteria

I am dedicating this post to Gotham City, a place notorious for high crimes, corruption, and its unusual residents. Being really into vivid graphics, here's the ambiance and surroundings for the world of the thread, to be filled up with intriguing and fun personalities. Somedays I may post about some of the definitive star personalities of the Batworld. I know I want to do Harley Quinn, at some point. Below is the city's taxi service, the slums, and flashy lit skyline horizon. A practically boundless realm full of mist and haze to explore and enjoy through all variant styles of broadcast and home entertainment.

Redecorating Ivy's Turkish Bath

Whatever the next look of Gotham is, I just hope that there’s at least one police blimp.

Bane, darling, what IS this floor?

It took God seven days to create paradise, let's see if I can do better

Good babies, grow for Mommy

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	Ivy1.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	18.4 KB
ID:	47035   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ivy2.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	12.6 KB
ID:	47036   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ivy3.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	21.8 KB
ID:	47037  

Strangely I feel like watching Batman & Robin (1997) RIGHT NOW

So many people to kill, so little time

We're gonna need a bigger cave

Just What I Had In Mind

I'll watch too, but I have to find it first. I have a mountain of DVDs and in a mad bid to make space for vinyls, I piled a lot in a corner, unsorted.

I’d do a watch-along of Batman Returns but i don’t know where’d I’d get access to it in time. I do own the Nolan movies so there’s that (Begins would be fun, since it’s the most comic book-y of the 3.)

I'll watch too, but I have to find it first. I have a mountain of DVDs and in a mad bid to make space for vinyls, I piled a lot in a corner, unsorted.
Wish I actually could, have to go do some winning here shortly

(I've chosen to replace the word "work" with "win" recently)

Wish I actually could, have to go do some winning here shortly

(I've chosen to replace the word "work" with "win" recently)
And I'm probably in no state to be able to deal with the Batnipples tonight anyway.

But it was a valiant thought.