missing scenes Terminator 3

Tools    

Just seen the new Terminator film on Saturday night in the UK, thought the film was good up to the point when they jumped from the motor home scene (where john is preparing the c4 in the motor home) to the scene in the government research centre, WHAT HAPPENED they obviously cut some important scenes from the film but why.

Maybe the scenes were not cut in other countries, but I believe the scenes were cut to boost DVD sales, we all know that DVD's all come with deleted scenes are the studios going to start cutting blatant scenes from films just so they can add them to the DVD's to bolster there sales.

I must admit I do feel ripped off and hope they are not trying to set a trend with this, don't know if you all agree with me or not but I would like to here your views and opinions.

I wished the buck stopped here
I agree. But there must have been some cuts along the way purely to get from an 'R' rated release in the U.S. to the 12A certificate here in the U.K.
As soon as I left the cinema I said to my friends that I would be buying the Region 1 edition of the DVD to see what we missed!

Enemies are so stimulating.
omg it was an R rating in the states? i had no idea. now i feel cheated. but glad that if i do get the US version it wont be a rubbish 12a version i saw. woo! does that mean the film was a lot longer originally?
I don't have Parkinson's. I inherited my shaking head from my grandfather Hepburn. I discovered that whisky helps stop the shaking. Problem is, if you're not careful, it stops the rest of you too. My head just shakes, but I promise you, it ain't gonna fall off!

Originally Posted by sisboombah
does that mean the film was a lot longer originally?
Its debatable whether it is 'a lot longer'. In my opinion the 12A certificate was inappropriate anyway, so I think that it had limited cuts to begin with. But I do agree with mayo0 when he says he feels that one scene is missing. We shall wait and see, when both the UK and US versions are released just compare running times (bearing in mind there is always a slight difference because of the fps variation between PAL and NTSC).

Enemies are so stimulating.
Originally Posted by geeWcee
Its debatable whether it is 'a lot longer'. In my opinion the 12A certificate was inappropriate anyway, so I think that it had limited cuts to begin with. But I do agree with mayo0 when he says he feels that one scene is missing. We shall wait and see, when both the UK and US versions are released just compare running times (bearing in mind there is always a slight difference because of the fps variation between PAL and NTSC).
they have the english version here play

it says its a 15. do you think they are going to put the deleted parts in or is that just a regular uping up of dvd rating that they do sometimes? i always thought they decreased the age ratings though.

I bet that the certificate is yet to be confirmed, especially as its not due out till December.
I would still go for the US version anyway as they tend to get the better extras, and in this case maybe extra scenes!

Ive been hearing up to 25 minutes may have been cut. Keep in mind T2 was cut by 15 minutes, but those scenes were pretty useless.

One of the T3 deleted scenes is a scene showing where they got the idea for model 101 (i.e. human terminator)

Wow guys, that sucks if they deleted anything. Being a long time Terminator fan I feel your pain!