Spy Kids

→ in
Tools    

Fresh, fun, energetic. At no time does Spy kids take itself too seriously, leaving the action, cool gadgetry, and vivid scenery to take you on an exciting joyride through a world of genial espionage. I thoroughly enjoyed the movie poking fun at the annoying show for kids, Teletubbies, that pollutes television airwaves. This put a huge smile on my face. Spy kid is a kid's film that any adult can fully enjoy. The Website, http://www.spykids.com/homepage, also shares these characteristics, featuring a fun interactive game that is reminiscent of the movie. It's a great place to relive the Spy kids experience. I highly recommend visiting the website and seeing the movie.

I'm going to watch this movie because I really admire Alan Cumming's work!

Robert Rodriguez did an incredible job directing this movie. His influence can be seen and felt throughout the movie in the form of overly dramatic action scenes. The fight scenes are all fun, original, and wonderfully choreographed. These aspects are also reflected in the Website which does a great job upholding the essence of the movie. Does anyone else have any thoughts on this, the melding of Hollywood with online entertainment?

I can't get into the website--I've been trying for 2 days <grumble>

I thought Spy Kids was great too. It's been a while since a good children's movie has come out. This one was dynamic enough for me to enjoy, and it wasn't so complex that my kids didn't understand it.

The website is great too! It seems that Rodriguez personally oversaw it's production. It really feels like your siting infront of a spy monitor from the movie.

This was pretty good - it didn't suck. That's what I'll say about it. It was still overly cheesy, and could have been funnier. I felt as if it couldn't make up it's mind -- did it want a bunch of sappy kids stuff, did it want to throw in a lot of action, or was it trying to be funny? I thought it should have started with a tone, used it throughout, and ended with it.

Overall, an above average movie, though.