MoFos - Identify Your Gender!

Tools    

Okay, I have to ask: what is a no-see-um bug? Is it like a gnat or something?
I'm not an entomologist, but I believe no-see-ums can actually a variety of insects that bite without being visually detected (very small mosquitoes would qualify). I'm hoping someone will correct me if wrong.

Gnats can often be seen. But I don't believe they bite. They are generally annoying because they will swarm around your head, get in your eyes and attempt to enter your ears and nose. They can often not be seen but be heard when near the ears. It's most common to see them as a cloud since they tend to congregate.

Okay, I have to ask: what is a no-see-um bug? Is it like a gnat or something?
No see ums, also known as biting midges depending on where you’re from, are teeny tiny gnats that you can hardly see but you will most certainly feel its presence. These are the blood-sucking pests that will drive a sane person mad in a mere 10 minutes. Although a fraction of the size of a mosquito, their bite will often leave a greater itch that lasts a lot longer. And because they are hard to see, you usually do not know they are there until it is too late, hence the name “no see ums”. So what are these no see ums, exactly? No see ums are flying insects from the Ceratopogonidae family which include over 4,000 species. They are similar to gnats, only they leave their mark in the form of a bite. The males and females alike feed on nectar; however, the females are the only ones that feed on blood in order to draw proteins for their fertilized eggs. It is also believed, like mosquitoes, they are attracted to the CO2 emitted by humans.

Noseeums are found throughout the world but primarily in tropical and subtropical areas, as well as the Caribbean and particularly Florida. In fact, there are 37 different species alone just in Florida. They are a major nuisance to those that tend to spend a lot of time outdoors, particularly at dusk and dawn. Ask any fishermen, hunter, gardener or farmer about no see ums and you can be sure they have had more than their fair share of experiences with these annoying pests. They tend to congregate around moist, muddy and swampy environments, but don’t think that means you won’t find them elsewhere. Unless you plan on moving to the North Pole, they are nearly impossible to escape.

Noseeum bites are painful and inevitable, as much as we try to avoid them. So, what will happen if you do get bit and how should you treat it? No see um bites will likely leave a red, itchy bump on your skin that will have you wanting to give yourself a rub down with sandpaper.

http://propanemosquitotrap.com/how-t...of-no-see-ums/

OMG COSMIC IS FEMALE?? Yeah of course I'm surprised, because what you didn't said in your speech of recognising a gender is that your avatar is from a comic, so I totally jumped to the conclusion that you were a dude

Also MM is male? wow when he said he was a she, I was going to jump and said "I knew it! I think I read somewhere that she is the grandma of MoFo" But he is a dude too, this thread is really useful

I misgender someone, don't really recall who, and CiCi, I totally think it was a girl's nickname And now the polar gorilla doesn't know my gender

Noseeums are found throughout the world but primarily in tropical and subtropical areas, as well as the Caribbean and particularly Florida.
Oh okay, the only place I've been where I had a decent chance of running into these bugs is Cuba, but I guess the area where I stayed didn't have many of them (or it was an off season).

Oh okay, the only place I've been where I had a decent chance of running into these bugs is Cuba, but I guess the area where I stayed didn't have many of them (or it was an off season).
Now... why were YOU in Cuba?

I almost "crash landed" there once on a trip back from Jamaica in 1985, and it was ironic because I was with my friend who was Cuban (born there but grew up in the U.S. after his family had left seeking asylum). The plane we were on had engine trouble (quite scary), but Cuba didn't allow us to land, so we touched down in Miami instead.

Oh I see! you actually want to be known as the arrogant poster. But no
And now you're backpedaling. If you can't stand by your implication, don't imply it in the first place.

You're welcome to contest my lack of humility, but anything you assert without evidence will be dismissed without evidence and you won't see me drizzling my response in condescending smileys either.

Apparently we call those bugs midge flies. I actually have heard that name before (as well as gall flies), but they're not a problem here. It's so windy along the coast (where most towns and communities are) that I guess they can't stick around. Maybe they're more prominent somewhere in Central or on the Mainland, but not here.

Now... why were YOU in Cuba?

I almost "crash landed" there once on a trip back from Jamaica in 1985, and it was ironic because I was with my friend who was Cuban (born there but grew up in the U.S. after his family had left seeking asylum). The plane we were on had engine trouble (quite scary), but Cuba didn't allow us to land, so we touched down in Miami instead.
That sounds absolutely terrifying. Luckily you were able to make it to Florida.

Members of my family, and my parents in particular go to the Caribbean Islands every year, and sometimes multiple times a year. Not always Cuba, but also to the Dominican Republic, or occasionally the Bahamas or Jamaica. They went to Aruba once, and were going to go to Bermuda, at which point I accused them of just trying to go to all of the places in the Kokomo Beach song. They admitted that that was actually my Uncle's goal, but since it's cheaper to go to Cuba or the Dominican Republic, they keep going back there.

A couple of years ago my parents decided that they should take me and my brother with them and have a family vacation. So we went to Cuba for 2 weeks.

Also MM is male? wow when he said he was a she, I was going to jump and said "I knew it! I think I read somewhere that she is the grandma of MoFo" But he is a dude too, this thread is really useful
If anyone is the grandma of MoFo it's Austruck. She's Yoda's mom.

And now you're backpedaling. If you can't stand by your implication, don't imply it in the first place.

You're welcome to contest my lack of humility, but anything you assert without evidence will be dismissed without evidence and you won't see me drizzling my response in condescending smileys either.
Omni, You're not an arrogant poster. You are an obstinate poster. And you'll prove my point by making post until I stop posting. And I'm done here. I was just havin a little fun Omni style sorry if it upset you.

This CR/Omni "arguement" is like the weirdest I ever saw.
I'm really not arguing, not at all. But there's no end to discussions with Omni. For the record I have no problems at all with Omni, though sometimes he/she gives me a headache.