Saw the man himself in concert last night

Tools    

One of the single greatest musical geniuses of our time, and i was two rows away from him...

Bob F'n Dylan!

Unbelievable performance, he still kicks ass after all these years.

You better see him while you can, because he's not going to be touring much longer.

Blame the message, not the messenger.

I am having a nervous breakdance
My roommate saw him last summer and was disappointed. He didn't recognize what song he was playing until like around the third chorus or something....

Still don't motivate why Dylan yet hasn't received the Nobel Prize of Litterature. To me he really is the Great Storyteller. And influenced at least three generations of singer/songwriters.

Speaking of legends. I saw Neil Young & Crazy Horse last summer and that was magical. The singing and the guitarplaying was better than I would possibly have dreamed it would be. And the band was great (Frank Sampedro kind of fat though...). When they played "Powderfinger" as an encore I swear I almost died of happiness. Ooops... getting a little carried away here...

Originally posted by Piddzilla
My roommate saw him last summer and was disappointed. He didn't recognize what song he was playing until like around the third chorus or something....

Still don't motivate why Dylan yet hasn't received the Nobel Prize of Litterature. To me he really is the Great Storyteller. And influenced at least three generations of singer/songwriters.

Speaking of legends. I saw Neil Young & Crazy Horse last summer and that was magical. The singing and the guitarplaying was better than I would possibly have dreamed it would be. And the band was great (Frank Sampedro kind of fat though...). When they played "Powderfinger" as an encore I swear I almost died of happiness. Ooops... getting a little carried away here...
Bobbie did quite an interesting rendition of Old Man at the concert. I love Neil Young also, I'd check him out in a heartbeat. Now that I can drive and I'm old enough, I plan on seeing every concert possible, thats including Guns N' Roses on the 3rd of December, then hopefully checking out Jimmy Page and/or Robert Plant.

A couple side notes: Dylan is hard to understand yes, but it's worth it.
It is wierd to see 70 year old hippies with pony tails smoke pot right next to you.

I am having a nervous breakdance
Originally posted by Henry The Kid
A couple side notes: Dylan is hard to understand yes, but it's worth it.
It is wierd to see 70 year old hippies with pony tails smoke pot right next to you.
Well, I don't know whether you mean the content of his lyrics or the way he sings/talks. The thing with the concert my roomie saw was that the songs were rearranged into someting that was impossible to recognize. Not even the actual melody of the song was the same.

But I wouldn't hesitate one second if I got the chance to see him...

Originally posted by Piddzilla

Well, I don't know whether you mean the content of his lyrics or the way he sings/talks. The thing with the concert my roomie saw was that the songs were rearranged into someting that was impossible to recognize. Not even the actual melody of the song was the same.

But I wouldn't hesitate one second if I got the chance to see him...
I don't mean singing. I mean actually talking. he didn't talk much, but when he did, his voice was really hard to understand. Singing-wise, his voice is just different now. I like it, some don't. Basically what the original Dylan voice was like.

But man, for a 60 something year old guy could he rock hard.