pre production question...

Tools    

I was wondering what exactly pre production means when it comes to movies being in pre-pro, specifically Major League. Any idea on when it will be on DVD? How long does it usually take before pre-pro's made into DVD's? Thanks for all of your help.

Pre-Production is when a studio makes an active effort to acquire info to be encoded onto a DVD. This includes archive footage, deleted scenes, featurettes, and paying actors and directors to record audio commentaries. The pre pro time length varies from movie to movie and hinges on what exactly the studio and director want to include on the disc. Pre pro tends to take longer if the film is older because it takes quite awhile to locate all the people that were involved in the movie to get the necessary info to encode on the disc. Newer movies take a shorter amount of time to author, encode, and mass copy because the director tends to make DVD content as he/she makes the movie.

Major League is currently in pre pro. The last I heard, the studio was having trouble getting enough time to work with Charlie Sheen for the audio commentary and a retrospective documentary.

Movie-Fever.com | New! Movie Fever Forums