Multiple Bombings: World Trade Center/Pentagon

Tools    

You heard right:
http://us.news1.yimg.com/p14.news.ya...center_dc.html

First plane hit one, 18 minutes later, a second hit the one next to it. Then the Pentagon was hit...smoke coming out. Then one of the World Trade Center towers COLLAPSED. Now The Sears Tower and The White House are being evacuated...I think it's a precaution. This is horrible. Please pray for these people, and this country, because the coming weeks won't be pretty, IMO.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
That sucks. The Trade Center has been hit how many times now?? Its sad that had to happen, and hopefully the only person seriously hurt was the pilot. That's too bad, and where's the story about the pentagon? What a bad way to start the day.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

HEY whats goin on over there? Bombings bombings, its like world war 3!!! Okay, goin back to the TV now & now like a plane in Bostons been hijacked! Later! And I hope all of you guys are ok!

PLite

PS. Pigsnie just left the house, they better not send him over there or I shall cry!

Hello hello, news all jumbled. Im not sure what to believe here.Is the pentagon colapsed? Is there a hijack plane over the US someplace? Whats happened to DC? BBC reportin all sorts of things, some are just weird.

All airports in US closed til Wednesday. All State offices closed. If you have family there call Red Cross for information.

Rock God
i live about 60 miles from somerset, pa where a plane crashed and it's been attributed to terrorist activity. that's really close to home. i pray for people in urban cities, especially those on the west coast. oh, please let this end.....

Hummm, makes you wonder what kind of security you have at your airports! Planes crashin right & left. How many people are in the planes???? Its weird but Im actually scared. And I dont even live there!

Ok, here's what has been basically confirmed:
  • A plane hit one of the WTC towers. 20 minutes later (roughly), a second plane hit the other one. Shortly after that, they both collapsed...some people think there were bombs at the base of the building (placed in advance) set to go off in case the planes didn't do the trick.
  • There were two explosions at the Pentagon, but the second may have stemmed from the first, or something. I dunno really. A section of the Pentagon has collapsed.
  • A Boeing 767 has crashed 80 miles from where I live (right by Pittsburgh). I don't think it hit anything important, so to speak, so it may have been a hijacking gone wrong.
There were some rumours about several missing plans, and others flying to DC, but I don't know if those are valid or not. I also heard that one plane crashed near or on Camp David, but I think that's been taken back now. It's still a huge mess.

This won't go unanswered. I only hope that we can handle things well, and not cause any more violence than is necessary to move forward. This is Pearl Harbor for our generation, people. This is probably the worst act of terrorism any of us will ever see in our lifetimes.

Worst in our lifetime?? Doubt it...i'm sure this is only beginning when it comes to this sort of thing. Retalliation is at hand...at least you would think.

Actually, I would think that Pearl Harbor was the worst, but death wise, yes this would be the worst. Has anyone seen the footage of the people in wherever its at celebrating all of this. I mean thats just sad. I think that if I was in charge I would declare war. Not full scale war, but this is something that needs to be addressed right away. Don't wait a week, a day, another hour. A stand needs to be taken when it comes to attacks like this.

I suspect the death toll from today will exceed the 2400 who died at Pearl. We past 10% of that in the planes alone, and 50,000 people work in those towers in any given day.

Originally posted by spdrcr
Actually, I would think that Pearl Harbor was the worst, but death wise, yes this would be the worst. Has anyone seen the footage of the people in wherever its at celebrating all of this. I mean thats just sad. I think that if I was in charge I would declare war. Not full scale war, but this is something that needs to be addressed right away. Don't wait a week, a day, another hour. A stand needs to be taken when it comes to attacks like this.
Yes, the celebration is sickening. Absolutely sickening. If Fidel-freaking-Castro were killed tommorrow, I wouldn't celebrate. I wouldn't cheer. I would be happy, because I know it would mean a chance at a better life for the people of Cuba, but I can't imagine going beyond cracking a smile...but CHEERING? At someone's death? That's not right.

I don't see how Pearl Harbor could be the worst...at least it was a military base that was attacked there. This one involves several places, and 4 commercial flights, likely all full of civilians. We're looking at 50,000 people in the WTC...not counting the passangers, those at the Pentagon, or some of the other rumored attacks.

I hope this is the worst I ever see. I fear that it won't be, though, if this sparks a war. I wouldn't want to be Bush right now...decisions like this are not easy.

Well this is very depressin. And I dont know how US would retaliate if its terrorists who did this. How do you bomb terrorists? Do you bomb their whole country becuz thats where they live? The BBC says you are thinkin of bombin Afghanistan. Isnt Afghan mostly desert? how will you find anyone in there?

True, its sad to see that one of the United States landmarks(actually two of the US's landmarks) will no longer be there to touch the sky. It's also sad that the number of people who had to die because someone didnt like us. All the civilians in the planes, that went down, not to mention any civilians ouside of the buildings that got hit by debri, a lot of innocent people basically.