Top 10-15 BEST (but not usual, cliche) movies?

Tools    

Until we lose ourselves we have no hope of finding ourselves
So guys, give me your list! I want to know what you think your top 10-15 must sees are. But list your "unusual" favorites. For example, I think 85-90% of the people would list Shawshank Redemption in this list. Come up with your own unusual one and say why!

Two for now that are favourites of mine.

~ The Killing Room ~

One of the best straight to DVD films. Going by the films I had seen by the same director(Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning, Darkness Falls) I was not expecting much but was very surprised with the film. It's not a Saw type, the title of the film makes it sound more graphic/violent than it actually is, it's actually a psychological thriller.

~ Dear Wendy ~

Directed by Thomas Vinterberg who was part of the creation of the Dogme 95 movement and this film was actually written by Lars von Trier and that's what got me interested in Dear Wendy in the first place. I don't think a lot liked this film but I thought it was excellent.

&feature=related

The most unusual movies I have seen in recent times...

1. Solaris - 1972
2. Valhalla Rising
3. Sonatine
4. Moon - 2008
5. Harry Brown - I listed this because, the violence just took my by surprise. I wasn't expecting a gritty movie.

Solaris takes the cake for me...the old one was just..so weird. Especially the scenes taken in Tokyo.

Until we lose ourselves we have no hope of finding ourselves
the most unusual movies i have seen in recent times...

1. Solaris - 1972
2. Valhalla rising
3. Sonatine
4. Moon - 2008
5. Harry brown - i listed this because, the violence just took my by surprise. I wasn't expecting a gritty movie.

Solaris takes the cake for me...the old one was just..so weird. Especially the scenes taken in tokyo.
i love moon!

1) Who's Afraid of Virgina Woolf
2) Gone with the Wind
3) Audition
4) Hard Candy
5) Carandiru
6) Eyes Wide Shut
7) Clockwork Orange
8) Revolutionary Road
9) One Flew Over the Cukoo's Nest
10) Babel
11) 28 Days Later
12) Big Fish
13) A Single Man
14) Strangers On A Train
15) Goodfellas

I hate that I have to rank these. But these, in my mind, are irrefutably the best of the best from what I've seen. - They're not exactly underrated or anything, but they ARE being forgotten - esp the first movie

I don't have a list but I can throw out a very good movie that is rarely recognized these days: China Syndrome.

I don't have a list but I can throw out a very good movie that is rarely recognized these days: China Syndrome.
That was a great film!

I will throw in 'The Last King of Scotland'
An excellent film about a corrupt African President. A film that makes you think and made me thankful that I live in a peaceful country.

Not very popular movies which I liked:
Knocking On Heavens Door
The Wrestler
The Aviator
Pink Floyd:The Wall
Lilya 4-ever
OSS 117 Dualogy
Army Of Shadows
Road To Perdition
Thelma and Louise
K-Pax
Johnny Got His Gun (too disturbing to watch it again)
Aguirre
Layer Cake
Stalker
Ladri di Bicicleta

I am the Watcher in the Night
So guys, give me your list! I want to know what you think your top 10-15 must sees are. But list your "unusual" favorites. For example, I think 85-90% of the people would list Shawshank Redemption in this list. Come up with your own unusual one and say why!
Ok, I won't give you my absolute favourites which I'm sure are favourites for a lot of people. I'll give you movies I'm hoping you might not have seen. In no particular order the must watch 15 (they might not all be good movies but you have to watch them simply for the experience):

Napoleon Dynamite
The Hills Have Eyes (disturbing to say the least)
Red Cliff (goofy, badly directed, ludicrous at times but always interesting)
Throne of Blood
Another Earth (serenely acted and beautifully scripted)
A Scanner Darkly (gets better with each viewing)
Dog Soldiers
Time Bandits (so stupid I almost died with laughter)
Children of the Corn
Brazil (first time I watched it I could just bare to sit through half, second time I appreciated it far more and on watching it a third time I truly believe it is one of the best movies that few seem to know)
The Man Who Fell to Earth
What Dreams May Come
Martin

^ Is that the original or remake of The Hills Have Eyes? I found that the remake is worth recommending, to me it's superior to the original Craven film and it's beautifully shot in parts. A remake better than the original.

^ Is that the original or remake of The Hills Have Eyes? I found that the remake is worth recommending, to me it's superior to the original Craven film and it's beautifully shot in parts. A remake better than the original.

The remake. I haven't even seen the original.

i feel like a novice movie watcher as i have only ever seen about a 1/3 of these

i feel like a novice movie watcher as i have only ever seen about a 1/3 of these
A movie I really recommend is Napolean Dynamite, its's funny, it's weird but when it all comes together it is also strangely sweet.