Scary movies don't scare you?

Tools    

Are you like me? Of course when I was a kid I got scared watching horror movies but now that stuff doesn't scare me. It's not that I don't take the movie seriously, I do, it's just that it's a movie and I guess I don't scare easily.

Like even the movies that scared the **** out of me years ago like Texas Chainsaw Massacre, if I was to watch it today I would probably laugh at the scene where the guy gets strung up on that meat hook!

Maybe I'm sick and demented, I don't know.

The Wizard of Oz still scares me as much as it did when I was a kid.

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
ET still scares me. I can't stand watching ET move around. Scares the crap out of me.

Besides ET, the only two movies who have generally scared me were The Blair Witch Project, and House on Haunted Hill, the new one. Both because they were very atmospheric. There have been scenes in other movies that were creepy, but not really scary.

I don't really get scared that easily anymore though. I find it much creepier to play a horror game, and get scared by that, than to watch a movie. Some game's that have scared me or: American McGee's Alice, Aliens Versus Predator(so damn intense, you really feel like your in the game in real life), and an oldschool game called The 7th Guest. The 7th Guest is the scariest thing I have ever experienced. I know that sounds lame because its just a computer game, but damn was it scary. Resident Evil 2 had its moments too. Can't wait for the movie.

I agree -- both of those scared me as well. When I was little, The Omen scared me. The Others put me a little on edge as well. I remember the first bloody movie I watched without looking away: Relic. I dunno why, but I must have finally grown up enough to watch it without covering my eyes. Now I can watch Braveheart with the best of them.

I'm with you on this rat. Scary movies really don't scare me. Just the Haunting.

Hey Peter, I have the sequel to 7th Guest, the 11th Hour. It has its moments.

MovieForums Extra
Question, was the Blair Witch Project for real, or just shot to look that way?! If it was for real, then it's one freaky movie... if not, then it's nothing but an ordinary cheap horror flick!

It's not like for REAL. But the peeps was just like, put in the woods with no script and no idea what the produers, etc. were gonna do. So they like really got freaked.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
You know the first time watch BWP it kinda freaks you out, after that...its a laughfest. I mean I really like House on Haunted Hill, the new one, just because it's scary, but funny too. Some of the stuff used in the movie was for real too. If you have it on DVD, listen to the Director's Commentary. Friday the 13th used to scare me. Just the first one though, all the sequels were kinda stupid even to a 10 year old. I remember Ghostbusters 2 scared me when it came out, don't ask me why, but I went and saw that with my sis and i got scared went outside of the theater, and the owner saw me and told me a story, gave me free pop and popcorn, so it wasn't so bad. I think most "scary" movies these days are so obsessed with the shock-factor, they don't put in any thought to the rest of the movie leaving you clueless half of the time to whats going on. If they put thought into a whole movie maybe it might be worth watching.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Originally posted by Steve N.
Hey Peter, I have the sequel to 7th Guest, the 11th Hour. It has its moments.
Yea I never got around to getting the sequel, mainly because I heard it just didn't match up to the first one at all. But damn did the first one scare me. Maybe I shouldn't of played it alone, in the dark, at age 9, but still. Some of those scenes were traumatic!!! Alot scarier than what Hollywood's been producing these days.

Scary movies rarely scare me. Yeah, they did more when I was a kid.

Alien was freaky, and still is, just because of the level of suspense.
Jaws still keeps me out of deep water.

But now I'm scared more by the fact that some of these new movies get made AT ALL.

MovieForums Extra
LOL Well said, weasel!! Truly, Hollywood doesn't have to go out of its way to make a horror movie, most of the stuff that comes out is horrific anyway!

When me and my friend played Myst, it was like 1 in the morning and his parents wern't around and we were like 12.
His computer was really jacked up so there was no volume and we didn't know that there was supposed to be volume and we were FREAKED. Then somebody knocked at his door. We were buggin'.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Shannon Doherty said it best in Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back. What's wrong Wes!?...it's like you guys don't even try anymore.

MovieForums Extra
Sometimes when I'm washing up in the bathroom late at night (I mean like coming home on Saturday at 4 in the morning), when everything's dead silent, I get pretty freaked out by the damn mirror...I can just imagine splashing my face with water and then looking up, and all of a sudden there's some dead person standing behind me...

I've been watching too many horror movies! And I've got a very active imagination!!

You wanna see somethin scary in your mirror Zephyrus? Go to the loo, turn off all the lights, just use one candle & then stare into the mirror. I garantee you will see somethin weird in an hour. I tried it once, I got really drowsy standing there & then suddenly there was another face besides mine in the mirror! Pigsnie says I imagined it but Ill tell you, it wasnt a nice face.

Mirrors and candles--not a good mix. I remember that X Files episode where Scully saw this dead girl in a restroom---the one in the bowling alley where this retarded kid kept seeing "people" who will die soon because he himself was close to death--- --- so creepy!

But on a lighter note--there's a superstition that if you stand before a mirror, comb your hair with one hand and eat an apple with the other--you get to see the face of the man or woman you're going to marry. And this works better if there's a full moon.

MovieForums Extra
LOL @ PigsnieLite!
I couldn't sit there for an hour with a candle, my *** would become petrified! Still a freaky thought...

I don't believe in superstitions however, why should you have bad luck or be jinxed if you say something bad, and it never works the other way round??

If I say, I'm gonna win a million dollars in the Lotto, it never happens... wonder why?!

Eeeek, yeah, I remember that x files ep too, all the girls had their throats slit. THAT was CREEPY! Anyhoo, it was a haloween thing, thats why we did it. My friend Tooly did it too, he ran screamin out of the loo becuz he fell asleep & when he woke up, a really tall guy in a coat was standing behind him. It always seems to be guys who appear in the mirror. Isnt that weird?

ps. On lotterys. A long time ago when I needed somethin, I wanted to do a money spell from a magic book but a friend told me, DONT DO IT. Becuz you might get the money but you will pay for it later in an unpleasant way.