Movie Previews

Tools    

Even though movie previews last about 20 minutes nowadays, how come we all still rush to get to the theater on time?

I'm an on-time-kind-of-guy, so I usually show up early, sit down, and get ready. Then the previews come on so I start eating my nachos. Then by the time the previews are done with, my nachos are done with too. So I end up watching the movie with what's left of my Pepsi.

What are your thoughts on this? Are you one of those losers that come stumbling in about 10 minutes late with 2 boxes of popcorn and 5 sodas, then you have to go back to the counter 'cause you forgot napkins? Huh??

Nice thread.

It depends on who I'm with. There's one person who is always late when I'm with him, and another who's always there on time, or early (well, almost always). Either way, I always want to get there to see the previews, even though I've seen most of them online. Nothing beats the big screen, and you usually see a few you haven't.

Depends on the theater really... the one I usually go to starts the movie at the stated time... so if the movie is supposed to start at 2:45, it starts at 2:45 and the previews start at 2:30. It's kind of bizaare when people from out of town go to a flick with me because they always want to show up 10 minutes late and I can't get them to understand that they are going to miss the movie.

Overall I must say that I actually enjoy watching the previews, unless they give away the entire movie. What really bothers me is that theaters now run ads for Pepsi or whoever before the show. It doesn't seem right to me. We already paid way to much for that time, I don't think they should be able to sell it a second time... just a thought.

I usually ignore trailers & such -- I just take a nap. Of course, if PLite is with me, naps are impossible. He can go through half a bucket of popcorn and 2 sno cones during a preview. And after the movie, he buys another bucket, eats that in the car & tells me the plot of every movie in the preview.

LOL, yeah the previews are kinda getting stupid now. I'm seeing commercials for Covergirl and Maybeline. It was kinda cool seeing the Pearl Harbor preview a bunch of times 'cause it's such a well done preview but still.

How on earth can you not like the trailers/teasers? Even bad movies with big budgets tend to have good trailers. Pearl Harbor was mentioned as an example. I will say, though: I'm noticing a downshift in their quality. Jurassic Park 3's trailer is VERY good for awhile, but at the end there's a stupid line or two that could have been done better.

I don't mind them. Last time I was challenged by my buds to finish the mega-size bucket of popcorn before the film started. Easy. Although I was pissed off because I missed the start of the film while I went to get another one.

The next challenge is to eat three mega-size boxes after a film starts but before it finishes (no trailers). If I do it, they pay, if I don't, I pay. I shouldn't have any problems, even though they aren't letting me do it during Pearl Harrbour .