Good movies that could have been even better?

Tools    

The title says it. How would you have improved a movie you've liked?

For me two examples come to mind:

1. in Eastern promises the dead Russian girl's same dialogue plays two times, once in the middle, once in the end, the ending one is just unnecessary imho, they should have come up with something else.

2. in Inception the dreamscapes are just plain disappointing, I mean cities? I've seen cities, I want some dreamy stuff like castles made of marshmallow or sth. I know I don't dream of cities...

ps. long time since last post, I'd like to say I've been busy but that just ain't true , my computer broke down though, that caused some hassles

Hey.

I think, with Inception, realism was the point. Cobb explained this at one point, saying that anything too fantastic draws attention to itself and makes it more likely that the dreamer will realize they're dreaming.

2. in Inception the dreamscapes are just plain disappointing, I mean cities? I've seen cities, I want some dreamy stuff like castles made of marshmallow or sth. I know I don't dream of cities...
Have you seen Tarsem Singh's The cell? It has a similar premise to Inception. If you have, what do you feel about the art direction in that movie? If not, I recommend you try to see it.

I think Star Wars would be better if George Lucas had died shortly after Return of the Jedi.
#31 on SC's Top 100 Mofos list!!

Welcome to the human race...
Pulp Fiction - delete the character "The Wolf" , so useless.
Technically, he's not useless (the other characters actually need him to resolve the Bonnie situation) - guessing you just don't like him for whatever reason?

BANNED
I'd prefer Pulp Fiction if it didn't have The Gold Watch.
NOT SURE IF SERIOUS

Technically, he's not useless (the other characters actually need him to resolve the Bonnie situation) - guessing you just don't like him for whatever reason?
Not need a genius to know that if you have a skull and blood in the car you need to clean it up.

Welcome to the human race...
Not need a genius to know that if you have a skull and blood in the car you need to clean it up.
That goes without saying, but they needed an expert cleaner (i.e. the Wolf) in order to tell them how best to handle the situation at hand (getting rid of the evidence in such a short time).

NOT SURE IF SERIOUS
Completely serious. Easily the weakest story of the three and the one I became bored with first. It's the reason I've not watched the film more than I have.

I don't remember asking you a ******* thing!
The Matrix Reloaded and Revolutions. I liked them, but they could've been a bit more daring with their ideas. And Revolutions especially should've done a better job with pacing and resolving unanswered questions.

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
Eastern Promises could have been a bit longer, and could have had a lot more focus on it's characters, especially the one played by Vincent Cassell.

I Am Legend could have been amazing, if they didn't cop out because of the stupid test audiences.

So many good things in that movie, ruined by a few things designed to appeal to the incredibly dumb masses.
Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, that's a straw, you see? You watching?. And my straw reaches acroooooooss the room, and starts to drink your milkshake... I... drink... your... milkshake!
-Daniel, There Will Be Blood

I Am Legend could have been amazing, if they didn't cop out because of the stupid test audiences.

So many good things in that movie, ruined by a few things designed to appeal to the incredibly dumb masses.
The best things about it were the believably ruined city and Smith going cuckoo. The terrible CGI infected spoiled the illusion.

Gangster Rap is Shakespeare for the Future
Hey.

I think, with Inception, realism was the point. Cobb explained this at one point, saying that anything too fantastic draws attention to itself and makes it more likely that the dreamer will realize they're dreaming.
It's a rather, um convenient excuse for narrowing down a movie with infinite locations into a group of common heist movie tropes. I think it's less of a strive for realism, but a way for Nolan to explore his usual narrative tendencies of cross-cutting and expository rule making while setting up opportunities for grander stunts. And that's forgivable, but using it to turn a possibly intriguing plot into a basic and dull heist movie.

Finished here. It's been fun.
Prometheus-This movie could have been revolutionary and just downright incredible. The trailers made it seem like a dark,nightmarish 2001 with a hint of Alien. I expected so much more from this movie. It's not terrible, but yeah though it could have been so much better.

I am Legend-the cliche,generic ending ruined this one. They should have went with that other ending where it turns out the monsters were just trying to retrieve one of their own.

The Dark Knight Rises-I like this film alot but i feel that with a couple more months in the writing room they could have made this film even better. There's just too many plot holes and inconsistancies.