Episode 2 - Attack of the Clones

Tools    

I have deleted the offending posts. I will not allow such a discussion concerning how to obtain pirated copies of that movie to remain here. Sorry, it's a rule. Last thing I want is a subpoena.

Now With Moveable Parts
I was gonna say...

Originally posted by sadesdrk
I have high hopes for this film...I want so badly for it to be greatness. The title is way lame, but I won't let it bug me. I'm stoked...I think this will be one of those movies I have to see in a large crowd...packed in like sardines!

Ep. 2 will be great!!!!!!! It is going to expand the story further and build the level higher and higher to the ultimate darkness. I too have strong high hopes for it. I have a feeling it will break boxoffice ***. Of course , like any star wars fan....i have to see it in a huge crowd too

As for the title...... "Attack of the Clones"............. it is NOT a bad title at all. If you take the meaning of the title itself. I'll let ya'll think about it.

The trailers are awesome and make me so freakin psyched to see the movie I just can't wait!

Workin' at the movie theater and gettin an advance screening of them makes it even much exciting!!!!!!!!!!!

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
You just keep rubbing it in don't you Jason. Retribution is coming my friend.

The last teaser I saw was "Forbidden Love," the teasers for Episode 2 are amazing. It's starting to pull itself out of the hole it dug with Phantom Menace. Maybe, maybe not, I guess we'll find out come May.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

did anyone else hear that N sync is a appering as jedi knights in this movie? no god no why

i hope they get killed by some storm troopers or something
"Who comes at 12:00 on a Sunday night to rent Butch Cassady and the Sundance Kid?"
-Hollywood Video rental guy to me

As much as some people might want to make a big deal of that, I don't think it matters in the least. Who gives a crap? They're in the background...I doubt they even have a speaking role. Whoopty-doo.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
It's not as bad as it sounds, it just seems a little funny to hear those words echoed. NSYNC and Star Wars...uttered in the same sentence, like you said Jason, as long as they have no actual role, I'm fine with it.

Okay, so it doesn't matter in a practical sense. But it's the symbolism that bothers me. Observe:

N'Sync: a ubiqutous mass culture icon.

Star Wars: (previously) a grand Space Opera full of strange and wonderful new ideas.

Combine 1 part N'Snyc and 1 part Star Wars. Whisk gently, sprinkling plenty of Badly-Delivered-Dialogue while whisking. Add a generous helping of Computer-Generated-SFX-That-Don't-Look-Nearly-As-Cool-As-The Ones-From-The-Original-Movies. Remove all Cool-And-Well-Drawn-Characters (ingredients commonly referred to as Han, Luke, Chewie, Leia, and Lando).

Bake at 55 (lukewarm!) degrees for one year. Remove from oven. Notice how stale and unoriginal this dish now looks. Serve quickly before it becomes totally unpalatable. Feeds approximately 30 million.

Well......yes. Yes they did.

But I still like the FX in the original trilogy better. It's irrational, I know.

I just wish they could marry the nice FX with another set of actors as cool as the original ones. Star Wars just doesn't seem the same without "the gang".

Stylistically I MUCH prefer good model work (be it 2001: A Space Odyssey or The Empire Strikes Back) to even the best CGI stuff. My eye can somehow suspend dibelief that an actual physical object is something bigger than it is and in a 'real' space, but CGI stuff always looks like a cartoon to me - even the best the form has to offer thus far. I don't think models will ever be used again on a large scale production - too time consuming and, at this stage, more expensive than computers. For me personally when I look at say the chase of The Meilenium Falcon through the asteroid field in The Empire Strikes Back vs. the pod race in Phantom Menace, I think the older film "looks" much better.

But that's just a stylistic thing, and I accept I'm in the minority on this issue.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I don't get it. I realize it's a matter of taste, but I fail to comprehend the belief that models look more believable. In some cases, that may be true, but the best CGI work of today is pretty much seamless with live action shots. A lot of CGI today is done without anyone knowing about it...for subtle things. Do you think the difference lies not in how the end result actually looks, but rather the fact that you can usually guess that a comptuer is behind it, and that realizing that taints it for you?

I can always tell what is CGI, at least in regards to action and Sci-Fi movies. I just plain don't think it looks as good as model work. It looks obviously different to my eye, too smooth and too slick. That's fine in some cases, when the object is supposed to be especially slick and otherworldly, but when it's supposed to be something made of man-known materials or organic (especially human beings, which they haven't mastered) moving through a physical space, it looks cartoonish to me.

Models of course can be botched, done cheaply or lit incorrectly, which looks horrible. But when they are done right, for me it's the best there is to offer, especially in regards to spaceships.

one of the reasons is that they love star wars and george lucas' dauhter loves them

and as for cg go back to the puppets!