Who's that guy with that voice???

Tools    

You know who I'm talking about. The guy that seems to do ALL the movie previews you see. He's got that deep voice and he does the narration or whatever for movie previews.

Damn I wish I could get that guy to record my answering machine message!

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Haha, Pablo Francisco is the man!! His special is hilarious!

I thought you'd like him. That "movie" routine is the best. The guy does the movie man, Kermit the Frog, Aaron Neville, and Ah-nuld. He does Ah-nuld the best. You gotta get his routine on Aaron Neville and his Spanish celebrity impressions, too.

Rock God
yeah, that guy is in ALL of them! that creeps me out. what's also weird is how they're all exactly the same....

here's the formula:

"In a world where ______ one _____ must_____. This summer _____(insert cheesy tagline here)." then a screen with a date comes up. damn, it's always the same.

Rock God
what does it always have to start with "in a world...."?

I guess most movies are aiming to create a world for you. They want you to immerse yourself in it. Maybe a line like that helps add to everything. Either that or it's just caught on for no particular reason. Who knows? The voice isn't always the same (I think I can narrow it down to 2 or 3 different voices), but it always seems to "fit" with the trailer. Pablo Francisco's act does a great job at poking fun at the whole thing.

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Yea I noticed that "In a world..." thing the other day when I was watching Coming Attractions on E! and half of the movies had that in there. The main one I remember was for Glitter, the movie with Mariah Carey. It was soo out of place.

Rock God
yeah, and the always try to increase the drama. ".... one something must something..."

Hmmm, I just watched previews for Final Destination and Independence Day, and neither had the "movie guy" or his famous voice. Perhaps I've got some odd versions of the trailer.

Anyway, a small list:
  • "We thought BLANK...WE WERE WRONG."
  • "This time, they messed with the wrong man."
  • "Prepare to BLANK."
  • "This summer....action, has a new name."
  • "This Holiday Season..."
It's getting too predictable. Oh well...if I ever made a movie, I'd probably use the same cliches.

Rock God
sometimes i think they intentionally make the taglines as cheesy as humanly possible remember when that tommy lee jones movie was out? the one that said "the coast is toast"? that cracked me up.