WOW: A Sequel to Se7en?

Tools    

I kid thee not. Here's a quote:

According to Variety, New Line Cinema is exploring another installment of "Seven". The sequel the studio is contemplating would make Morgan Freeman's cop character the centerpiece in a restructuring of "Solace," a spec script by "Ocean's Eleven" scribe Ted Griffin and Sean Bailey that New Line bought last year for seven figures. The drama revolves around a psychic cop tracking a serial killer who has psychic capabilities himself.
Thanks to ComingSoon.net for the full story. Kooky, eh? If they get Fincher and Freeman involved, I'll be there. Even if it's not really a sequel per se. I get the impression it'll be a sequel in the same way the Bond flicks are to one another...but we'll see. I'm looking forward to it either way.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!

Joy-gasm
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Unless Fincher, Freeman and Andrew Kevin Walker come back again, I won't be at all interested. They may get Freeman, but I'd be shocked if Fincher agreed to do this. As much as I love SE7EN - and I think it is flat-out brilliant one of the best procedurals and my absolute favorites of the '90s, I don't forsee Somerset as a franchise character. Freeman is a fantastic actor, no secret there, but unless Andy Walker & David Fincher have some incredible brainstorm and burning reason to revisit the character, why bother? Stupid Studio trying to cash in. Let it go, man.

ANYway....
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

BAD IDEA... Make another sequel to Kiss the Girls if you want Freeman in that kind of role; please don't mess with Somerset. And Brad Pitt and Kevin Spacey were MAJOR reasons why Seven was so great.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Originally posted by firegod
BAD IDEA... Make another sequel to Kiss the Girls if you want Freeman in that kind of role; please don't mess with Somerset. And Brad Pitt and Kevin Spacey were MAJOR reasons why Seven was so great.
True...But they already made a sequel to Kiss the Girls, it was called Along Came a Spider. It was more a prequel than a sequel, but you get the idea.

Female assassin extraordinaire.
yeah come on peeps, there's enough psychic serial killer crap out there. they need to let the mess rest for a while. and morgan needs to stop being an investigator.

"Fabricated American"
Originally posted by Holden Pike
...unless Andy Walker & David Fincher have some incredible brainstorm and burning reason to revisit the character, why bother? Stupid Studio trying to cash in. Let it go, man.
I was all excited when I read TWT's post, but now I'm all bumbed out because the rest of you are probably right.
The movie company will probably come out with some sh!tty move, call it a sequel, and try to cash it on it.
Guess I'll just have to wait and see....

-GTB

No... that idea sucks. Why make it a sequel to Seven?

I finally saw Seven about two weeks ago, actually, so I'm freaked that once I finally see it, here comes talk of the sequel. It's been SEVEN years since it was released... but, this kind of stuff always happens to me. And...

I thought of the sequel possibility myself, with Somerset being the central character. I don't see it... let it rest. Brad Pitt and Kevin Spacey were fantastic... there just shouldn't be a sequel. It ruins the mood of the original thinking about it.

And just what would they call it?

Seven Two?

They'd call it 8ight, duh. Anyway, if they do go ahead with it, and they get Freeman, and Fincher, I'm there. Assuming the reviews don't universally pan it.

The script is written by the guy who wrote Ocean's 11?

The sequel should be called Seven-11, and it's about a killer who kills people at different 7-11's, when the clock reads 7:11 on the dot. Then, Somerset can come in and investigate. Can't you just see the tagline?

"That's Not A Cherry Slurpee You're Drinking"