What do you listen to?

Tools    

pink floyd
pink floyd
pink floyd

I just don't see what's so great about the Doors. Their music sucks. Same with Pink Floyd, who are just weak. At least the Doors had some life to their music, Pink Floyd are just boring.

What's wrong with dirty sex ballads, might I ask? I think that one is terrific. If Dave Matthews would use his strings to that effect more often, he may have something. But alas. I feel the same way about Matchbox 20--they're boring.

Here were the CDs in my little book thing on my vacation:

Take off your Pants and Jacket by Blink 182
The Cold Vein by Cannibal Ox
Everything is Wrong by Moby
***** Please by ODB (ODB IS A GENIUS.)
Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness by Smashing Pumpkins
...And Out Come the Wolves by Rancid
Gorillaz (DOPE!!!!)
Things Fall Apart by The Roots (The greatest album ever recorded in any genre)
Raw Power by Iggy
Maxinquaye by Tricky
Blowback by Tricky
Relationship of Command by At the Drive In

Word up.

System of A Down are the sh-t. Prison Song is freakin dope, I'm going to buy their new cd. I didn't know they were around before Rage, but Rage are still the ones who brought it to the masses, and no one has ever stepped to Zack on the mic. NO ONE.

Originally posted by Steve N.
Pink Floyd are just boring.
Holy crap boy, you need a smackin' -- Pink Floyd beats the hell out of ODB and Blink 182. The Wall is a POWERFUL album, but good music even with the dramatic elements removed from it. Blink 182 is goofy crap that occasionally sounds okay. ODB is a walking gimmick. I can respect good R&B/Rap, but there's a lot of crap out there.

Have you ever heard that ODB album? It's the rape of conformity-it's the craziest, most original hip hop CD since Straight Outta Compton. You've probably heard "Got Your Money", which is satirical, but can easily be mistaken for seriousness if you haven't heard his other stuff. Whatever his problems, he's a musical genius. Even the rest of the Wu say that no one is on ODB's level-that's he's unf--kwitable. And it's true. Listen to that album before you go making comments.

And I'm sorry, Pink Floyd suck. I don't think that album is powerful, I just find it boring. What's up with all these Floyd fans, honestly? Someone help me out here.

Blink are too romantic - they make singsongy hits, but their lyrics are lost on the crowd that buys their albums. Again, I suggest one listens to an entire album before the dissing commences.

What's up with Pink Floyd fans? They're impressed by someone who compiled such an amazing album, yet still had it follow along the course of his life. I pity the fact that you can't appreciate that. Oh, and just because something's original, doesn't make it good. An album full of traffic noise would be original.

my fave bands are: coldplay, blink 182, foo fighters, eminem, oasis, stereophonics, wheatus, toploader and travis - yes im an indie rock fan!!

Now With Moveable Parts
the BLACK CROWS ROCK MY @#$%&*!That's pretty much all i listen to.An occasional Beck,Moby,Fat Boy Slim,weezer,and some old school 70's & 80's music.I love to dance.There is this club in Sacrameto called"Polly Ester's"that my girls and I hit every other weekend.I's all 70's & 80's stuff.It rocks.Anyone else dance,go clubin'?

Rock God
wow, this is the first music thread i found on this site. i can't even believe you guys are amazed by the list OG had. i have several hundred songs downloaded, and almost 1000 cds. i like way too many bands to even list. maybe i will someday, but i am too tired right now. my all-time favorite bands are floyd and zeppelin, though. i love these bands for a lot of reasons, but mainly becaus the feature my two favorite guitarists, gilmour and page. i guess you would have to play to really appreciate these guys, but they have incredible skills and musicianship.

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Hoy! I'm rather proud of my list!

Oh Steve, the new System of a Down CD comes out this Tuesday. Thats the one I was talking about when you said it wasn't anything to write home about. Buy it, I've heard half the tracks and its awesome. Anyone seen the music video for Chop Suey yet? It's great!!

Rock God
yeah, your list is pretty impressive, i admit. that's a ton of music.

Now With Moveable Parts
Yes,an impressive list but how much of it do you listen to on a regular basis?I think what I'm saying is,what do you concider to be favorites out of that kind of list.Come on baby,narrow it down to like 5...

Hey Brodie, you've got 1000 cds? I'm impressed. Are they all rock?

I'm getting the System of a Down cd, Chop Suey is an awesome song, haven't seen the vid though.

Hey sadesdrk, do you like New Order? They're 80s dance...

Yeah, I've seen the video/heard the song. Pretty good for a cover -- but I prefer the original most of the time. It whoops the hell out of Cake's cover of "I Will Survive" which was THE WORST COVER OF ALL TIME!

Rock God
steve, most of them are either rock or some abstract form of rock.... it's what i dig. i listen to a really wide variety of music, though. i might listen to pennywise, beethoven and the violent femmes in the same sitting. there's almost no music i don't like. tonight i listened to some radiohead, old-school pink floyd (the syd barrett stuff) and weezer. i'm sorta all over the place.

What movie was that new Smooth Criminal in?

It was in American Pie 2.

As for narrowing it down to five on my list, easy.
5. Catch 22- Keasby Knights(best punk/ska song ever)
4. System of a Down- Chop Suey
3. Mindless Self Indulgence- Kill the Rock
2. Snot- Snot
1. Tool- Schism

Ok that was pretty hard because I actually do listen to all of that stuff. Especially Tool, System of a Down, Mindless Self Indulgence, Snot, Primer 55, Catch 22, and Boy Hits Car.

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by Steve N.
Hey Brodie, you've got 1000 cds? I'm impressed. Are they all rock?

I'm getting the System of a Down cd, Chop Suey is an awesome song, haven't seen the vid though.

Hey sadesdrk, do you like New Order? They're 80s dance...
Steve N.-yeah,I do like them.I also like Culture Club,David Bowie,Prince,Maddona(old & new)Oingo Boingo,Sugar Cubes,Tons of old stuff,but just for dancing purposes.I don't sit and listen to all the time.I like the Black Crows 24-7