What do you listen to?

Tools    

Rage is THE ONLY rap metal band worth listening to; Zack De La Rocha has some SKILLS! He's one of the best MCs around today. Their guitarist is amazing too, he takes out every other guitarist I've heard recently.

Eve 6 suck!!! If you want to hear a dope band in the same vein, try Jimmy Eat World...

Powerman 5000, Slipknot, Limp Bizkit, and Disturbed. (Not to mention ICP...:::shudder::: ) That's nearly a roll call of what's wrong with metal today.

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
No I'm sorry, Rage can put it in their mouths. The ONLY rap metal band out there worth listening to is System of a Down. And don't even use Limb Bizkit and metal in the same senteance because their not. Have you seen their knew music video. I saw it and almost had a heart attack. It's such a Tool rip off. They go to prison.

System of a Down are dope, but Rage were THE originators. There wouldn't be a Limp Bizkit, a Korn, or a System of a Down unless Rage came around. And no MC for a rap metal band, and I mean NO ONE, is as on point as Zack De La Rocha. He's insane. Listen to his lyrics on Roni Size's "Centre of the Storm". He tears nearly every living MC to pieces.

Limp Bizkit are in that corny stage between hip hop, metal, alternative rock, and funk. Unfortunately, Fred Durst isn't skilled at writing music in any of these genres. And yeah, I heard that song. It's wack. Really wack. If they wanted to rip off Tool, they shouldn't have half-assed it. At least Disturbed TRIES to make good music.

System of a Down was around WAY before Rage was. I mean WAY before. They only started getting popular in recent years. I know its the same with Rage, but System's been around longer, and are better.

Originally posted by Steve N.

Some artists I dislike, in varying degrees:

Disturbed (Tool ripoffs minus the talent), Good Charlotte, The Doors, Pink Floyd, Matchbox 20, Dave Matthews Band (although, Crash into me is a dope song), The Beatles, Limp Bizkit,
Um, Stephen? You would be the lone ranger on the planet NOT to admire the massive talent and outrageous influence of the everpresent Beatles. Know what's the most-often remade song? Yesterday. Wonder why? Perhaps b/c the Fabulous Four were a mildly talented little band from some little place over in Britain called Liverpool.

And, you would think Crash is the best song. What a dirty sex ballad. About a peeping tom, of all things! I like the melody and I certainly love Dave, but that song is not his only good one!

Pink Floyd does suck, as does the highly untalented Fred Durst and the Boyz.

The Doors are supreme, though. TOUCH ME is one of my all time favorite songs. And, you can't dismiss Morrisson's mark on all of musical humanity, either.

And, matchbox twenty is very good. they also play smashing live concerts!

Who the cr*p said they liked Lyle Lovett? And Sugar Ray? Actually, Sugar Ray's not so bad. I give them props enough for purposely selling out so that they could make their other music. If you can't make it on your own, just ride the pop wave, I suppose.

As for other great musicians/bands:

Aimee Mann, Pete Yorn, Elliott Smith, the Who, Led Zeppelin, the Doors, the Beatles, Blink 182, Fenix TX, Jill Scott, John Scofield, Johnny Lang, Shawn Mullins, Jurassic 5, Eve, Lil Kim, Maxwell, Usher (I grudgingly admit this...), DMB, Edwin McCain, Foo Fighters, Supertramp, the Cars, David Bowie, the Kinks, the Goo Goo Dolls, Pearl Jam, Nirvana, the Ramones, Aerosmith; Crosby, Stills, Nash, & Young; Rufus Wainwright, Rolling Stones (I paid 90 freaking dollars to sit BEHIND their stupid stage! But it was worth every penny!), Joseph Arthur, Sheryl Crowe, Chicago, matchbox 20, third eye blind, and Jimi, good ol' Jimi.

Oh by Sugar Ray I ment their old, old stuff. Before they were famous. Mainly stuff from their first CD, Lemonade and Brownies.

Some bands I don't like:
Matchbox 20
Goo Goo Dolls
DMB
Limb Bizkit
Korn
Foo Fighters

Dillane, agree with you 100% on the Beatles and the Doors.

My five favorite Beatles albums:

Abbey Road
Let it Be
Revolver
Magical Mystery Tour
Rubber Soul

I'm listening to David Bowie's "The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars" now. Awesome!

Love the Rolling Stones. I only have the Hot Rocks and Some Girls CD's, but one of them is always in my CD player... constantly.

Love U2, Bob Dylan and Jimi Hendrix too. Also Nirvana, the Goo Goo Dolls and Aerosmith.

I listen to whatever sounds good.

Just some of the stuff I listen to:

Beck
Mindless Self Indulgence (thanx to OG)
Rage Against the Machine
Pink Floyd
Led Zepplin
I Like a lot of punk (Rancid, Pennywise, Blink 182...)
I like that one Cars song (Wasting all my time)

Yeah pretty much whatever catches my ear.

I forgot the Beatles are the most over-rated band of all time. Yesterday was good and they made some catchy tunes but nothing really supreme. What the hell is Yellow Submarine? Ringo cant play the drums, Paul is ok at bass cant say anything bad, but what really gets me is that Harrison was ranked the 25th or something greatest guitarist of all time. Yeah right and Sid of the Sex Pistols could play bass like Flea. They are not as good as everybody thinks.

Beatles were sold to the public as a package, like the spice girls. The real men were listening to The Who, The Doors, Bachman Turner Overdrive and The Iron Butterfly. All of whom have songs that still hold water (especially innagaddadavita). The only beatles tunes I like are the newer ones where they're all doing acid. At least the lyrics are creative...I am the eggman, I am the walrus...goo goo ga joo. I just got the new Godsmack cd, these dudes can rip. There is not one suck song on the cd. Oh, yeah.. for the SOD lovers out there... they did a tune with Black Sabbath's Tony Iommi on the Iommi cd... good stuff.

SOD also did a song called Shame with the Wu Tang clan, cool song.

Zweee, didn't know you were into Mindless Self Indulgence. Great band. My second favorite.

Anybody that doesn't like Pink Floyd either hasn't listened Dark Side of the Moon or they're just to stupid to realize the genius behind it. It as in the band and the albumn.

Oh I don't know what was wrong with me, but I left out Snot. One of my all time favorite bands. Tis a shame Lynn has pased on.

Good music...

Incubus
Rage Against the Machine
Staind
Wallflowers
Chili Peppers
Pink Floyd
Blink
Oasis
...and of course Tupac

MovieForums Extra
Yep, Beatles are a classic, as are the Stones, Pink Floyd, The Eagles...etc.