Movies you wanted to have seen as a TV Series

Tools    

Except by the time you get to the last chapter of the last book, the guy playing Harry Potter would be 47, balding, and with a pot belly.
How can you say that!!!!....If they played it as a series then create it a year and a half probably per book!!!.

And are you saying they will create a chapter for a year, I'm saying is one episode per chapter!!!... How many chapter does an Harry Potter book has 17 - 37 chapter, meaning they are 17 - 37 episodes per book!!!

How can you say that!!!!....If they played it as a series then create it a year and a half probably per book!!!.

And are you saying they will create a chapter for a year, I'm saying is one episode per chapter!!!... How many chapter does an Harry Potter book has 17 - 37 chapter, meaning they are 17 - 37 episodes per book!!!
And conventional TV series do what, 10-12 episodes per season? Certainly less than 17-37! So it would take about 3 years to televise 37 chapter-episodes in one book. And how many books are there? Five? Seven? More? At 3 years to do one book, seven books stretches out to 21 years. Start your star at age 15 in the first episode, he's gonna be 36 by the last episode of seven books. And that's providing there is no writers' strike during that period!

I knew that ... not sure if he knew that
If I can remember the 12 O'Clock High and Naked City series back in the days of black & white TV, then I also lived through all of the others when The Flintstones was the first cartoon series on prime-time TV. Hence my remark about the recycle drum running on and on--TV series to movie to TV series again.

Incidentally, several movies were successfully adapted to TV series, but have any of the recent movies made from TV series been outstanding successes? The Star Trek series, I guess. Any others?

And conventional TV series do what, 10-12 episodes per season?
No....20-24 episodes! They are some series went this long..........

Certainly less than 17-37! So it would take about 3 years to televise 37 chapter-episodes in one book.And how many books are there? Five? Seven? At 3 years to do one book, seven books stretches out to 21 years.
Yet still you are correct......
The last 3 book are the ones that made up to 37 chapters unlike the first 4 books that went up to 14-22 chapters so just probably it would weaker the spending time/day for it...

Start your star at age 15 in the first episode, he's gonna be 36 by the last episode of seven books. And that's providing there is no writers' strike during that period!
And lastly I'm just saying that still this would be nice if it has a series...to cover up the missing scene in the movies!!!!

I wish also they create a series of I Am Legend.....

Of course different title...the happenings after Neville's works!!!

A Harry Potter television series sounds great. But they should focus only on Harry, Ron, and Hermione's adventures at Hogwarts.

The Departed or something cheesy like The Breakfest Club. I think that would have done well.

No....20-24 episodes! They are some series went this long..........
20-24 episodes in a single TV season? 24 weeks out of a 52-week year? I don't recall any TV season running that long in recent years; the writer's strike cut some series to only 3 episodes at the end of 2007. Now once a series is over and goes into reruns, it can play day after day for years. But I think 14 chapter/episodes would really crowd the average TV series for one year today.

For instance, the popular TV series Moonlighting was on TV for 5 seasons from March 3, 1985 through May 14, 1989, with a total of 66 episodes shot or just a fraction more than 13 episodes per season. If as you say the first Harry Potter is 14 chapters long and you want to do one chapter of the book each episode, you couldn't quite finish shooting the first book during the first TV season of 13 weeks.

On the other hand, The Wonder Years ran 6 TV seasons, starting jan. 31, 1988, and ending in 1993, with 115 episodes filmed, which averaged out little over 19 half-hour episodes of 22 minutes each. Could you do a Potter chapter in 22 minuets or would it need to be 40-something minutes for an hour-long program? Anyway, that rate would let you film the first book and 5 chapters of the second book but still wouldn't be enough for the later longer books of more than 20 chapters. Also, The Wonder Years were geared to play the exact same year 20 years before each season, so 1989 was set in 1969, 1990 in 1970 and so on, so this would keep the child actors aging realistically, so that they had to finish each year within the available season so the kids would look a year older the next season. But that would mean adjusting the number of episodes to fit the TV season rather than the number of chapters per book. After all, you couldn't have one season with 14 episodes and another season that runs 25 or more.

Well if you would notice the story and the script is already to go and most of the set is also ready from the movie itself and can be use in the actual series(anyway if it can be done, of course)!! It might lessen the time line which they have to create the Series!!! IS IT?

The Breakfest Club. I think that would have done well.
I guess if they make a tv series of The Breakfast Club, it will look like Beverly Hills 90210. That sounds great. What do you think?

I guess if they make a tv series of The Breakfast Club, it will look like Beverly Hills 90210. That sounds great. What do you think?
Yeah I agree, there are probably some similarities , but who are going to be the casts for this TV series???, if it happens...

Well if you would notice the story and the script is already to go and most of the set is also ready from the movie itself and can be use in the actual series(anyway if it can be done, of course)!! It might lessen the time line which they have to create the Series!!! IS IT?
Just because a movie script exists doesn't mean it's gonna become a TV script at any point. The author sold the movie rights to her work; I doubt if she sold the TV rights, which means a whole new negotiation that likely would bring in other bidders than the movie studio.

Besides, look at one of the most popular and most successful long-running movie-to-TV series ever--MASH: Few of the original actors and none of the script transferred from the film set to the TV set, and I'm pretty sure all of the TV set was completely reconstructed. The fact that so many special effects are used in the Potter films almost ensures that it will never make it to the TV screen because special effects are expensive to do and thus are rarely done in a repeat format for the small screen. About the best you can hope for are the nose wiggles and instant appearances and disappearances of Bewitched. Moreover, aren't the Potter movies filmed in Britain? Are they going to move the sets to the US or move a TV production company to Britain?

No, sorry, but I'm confident that you will never see a TV series that films each chapter of each book as a weekly segment. There's just too much stacked against it.

And I still stand by my original argument that showing each chapter as a weekly segment and running all 5 books, the youthful characters would be too old for their parts before the series was completed.

And I still stand by my original argument that showing each chapter as a weekly segment and running all 5 books, the youthful characters would be too old for their parts before the series was completed.
You're Right no further Comment!!!...

Anyway I also like to see Starship Troopers in live action as a series....It could be great!!

You're Right no further Comment!!!...

Anyway I also like to see Starship Troopers in live action as a series....It could be great!!
Now Starship Troopers is a better choice in that it would more easily lend itself to a TV series format. The atrition of battle would make it easy to eliminate and add characters, and look at all of the plots you could recirculate from the various Star Trek and Star Wars episodes not to mention Battlestar Galactica. Even old war movies and westerns could be updated and recycled as Starship Troopers. Just change the bad guys to bugs! Biggest expense would be the bug special effects.

Now Starship Troopers is a better choice in that it would more easily lend itself to a TV series format. The atrition of battle would make it easy to eliminate and add characters, and look at all of the plots you could recirculate from the various Star Trek and Star Wars episodes not to mention Battlestar Galactica. Even old war movies and westerns could be updated and recycled as Starship Troopers. Just change the bad guys to bugs! Biggest expense would be the bug special effects.
Is that a complement!! Or you just pick this because of the name Rufnek...not to mention the team Rough Necks!! hehehe

Anyway it is good...I really enjoy the first movie!!!

I think that Zodiac and Memento could have been made into very cool TV series, quality slow-paced police/detective-ish stories. Sort of like the Wire but then a bit darker perhaps. Though I'm not sure if they could keep it up for several seasons. Zodiac might then cover one case per season perhaps, but Memento would just be one season or a mini-series I guess.

The idea about making a Bill & Ted series is brilliant as well

Is that a complement!! Or you just pick this because of the name Rufnek...not to mention the team Rough Necks!! hehehe

Anyway it is good...I really enjoy the first movie!!!
I've seen one of the Starship Trooper films in bits and pieces on TV--never the beginning or the end, as I remember--so I'm not familar with the tie-in between Rufnek/Roughneck (I picked Rufnek because I used to work in the oil fields when I was a kid). But I do think that film would transport well to the TV screen; it's high action with frequent bouts of mayhem that would hold the attention of the 17-30 male target for such shows. Space shows are usually big hits on TV--look at Lost in Space, all the varieties of Star Trek, and Battlestar Gallactica. (The Jetsons?) Space shows are very much like the Westerns of yesterday--shoot 'em ups, with a morality element.

Naw, I really like your Starship Troopers idea much better than Henry Potter, which I don't think would transfer to TV well.

"Waiting for Godot": The Series
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I am Jack's sense of overused quote

"Waiting for Godot": The Series

HHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

YES! I would totally watch that. But it would have to be on at 5:22AM and end at 6:11AM.