Let's talk about our favorite villians...

Tools    

Now With Moveable Parts
so what do you think of the academy awards?It's okay if the thread goes off track a little,I think,as long as we are discussing movies still...

I try to ignore the academy awards, although it can be difficult considering the publicity the event generates. I seldom care or agree with the academy's decisions with regard to oscars.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
They're building a new home for the Oscars. Where is all the money for that coming from. The place is unusually large and overscale. I mean Keep It Simple!!!
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Rock God
i think they're fun to watch, but they're not the end-all be-all of what's good in hollywood and what isn't. i definitely respect the academy's opinion, but they often times don't get it right at all.

Well, they can't get it right. Someone will always think it's wrong. They can surely do a better job, though. They can stop giving it to crap like Titanic, for example. At least Leo wasn't nomimated. Anyway, this thread is way off topic. Anyone else got any villains to list? I still think Wendice is probably the coolest, because you find yourself (hopefully) admiring his criminal genius and all the quick thinking he does throughout the movie.

Sister Wendy, Wendices cousin.

Rock God
i'm stupid for not menioning this already, but JAWS. there you go there's a bad guy that's not really even a guy, but he still managed to scare people away from beaches for an entire summer.

Hell yeah...Jaws is a scary motha...I can't remember a time when I haven't been afraid to go in the water when I was at the ocean.

Hell, I live in England and I refuse to go into the water. When I go to the beach I just look at the ocean, never go in. If I did go in I'd be more likely to die from pollution than shark-attack!

Governor Liu in Twin Warriors.
That guys freakin' hillarious.
"Too much anger."
"Did you steal our gold?"
Oh man, whatta riot.

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Yea I didn't think he was particularly funny...A villian yes, but funny?

John Malkovich makes an excellent villain. I haven't seen all his movies, but he was great as Mitch Leary in In the Line of Fire, Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde in Mary Reilly and Vicomte de Valmont in Dangerous Liaisons.

Rock God
yeah! and let's not forget about that rotten bastard he played in Of Mice and Men!! oh, wait, never mind....

Also, Cyrus the Virus in Con-Air. He doesn't play the villian all the time, but I think you nailed most of the movies where he has played the villian.

Rock God
i like it when the bad guy is secretly one of your allies... does anyone remember la confidential?

Yes. I loved that film.

"Just show your badge and walk towards the light,"

Or something similar. Too bad Spacey got iced. But at least he got iced in a very dramatic fashion.

And, of course, who could forget the immortal line from that movie:

"A whore made to look like Llana Turner is still a whore."

"That is Llana Turner."

"What?"

"That IS Llana Turner."

Classic.

LOL...Classic line indeed. That movie kicks *** if you ask me. I loved the whole take em to a deserted motel and beat the crap out of them moteef.

Russel Crowe, Guy Pearce, Kevin Spacey were all wonderful in that film.

SPOiLERZ

What's his name the guy with the pig that could talk. Cromley..now he was the mean SOB in this film. I mean at the beginning he wasn't that bad, but as the film came to an end WOW...

The actor who played Capt. Dudley Smith in L.A. Confidential and the kind Farmer in Babe is James Cromwell.

He was particularly good in L.A. Confidential. You may have also seen him in Space Cowboys, Star Trek: First Contact, The Green Mile, The General's Daughter, or Deep Impact. Before the fame he gained from the two talking pig movies, you can spot him in Murder By Death, The Cheap Detective, and as Louis Skolnick's father in the Revenge of the Nerds flicks.