Let's talk about our favorite villians...

Tools    

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by Kielle
Originally posted by ggfletch
But, obviously the main bad boy is Alan Rickman as the Sherrif of Nottingham!
definetly! and my favourite line in it is
"...and cancel christmas!"
or...
"why a spoon?"
"beacuse it's blunt it'll hurt more!"
Kielle,hey nice to meet you.My name is sades and I'm a fembot too.Females unite!I love that cancel christmas line...he was so bad...if it wasn't for his narley teeth i'd be attracted to him...wait,don't all the guys on this site have narley teeth?I'm joking of course...don't want anyone to hurt me.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
I dont have narely teeth. I've got pearly whites.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

DeNiro in Heat....I can't even watch the ending when he dies cause it pisses me off so much!

Steve

Looked in the mirror this morning, those teeth are really going hill since I registered with movie forums! Speaking of British villains, what about Ian Mcdiarmid (or however you spell it!) as the Emperor in Return of the Jedi: he's just like a wobbly old grandad, "Now young Skywalker... you will die.

Rock God
nobody mentioned the T-1000. isn't that guy on the x-files now? he was pretty menacing. and nothing could stop him. i have seen him on other stuff here and there but to me he's always gonna be the T-1000. i have an aunt that thinks of deniro like that. she saw cape fear and now she will always associate deniro with that character. that's a good testiment to his acting, in my eyes. i mean, think about that performance. sorta like hopkins as hannibal lecter, you know?

Have you seen Waynes World, where Robert Patrick ressurects his T-1000 for a scene in which posing as a policeman he pulls over Wayne (I'm sure that music kicks in!).

Rock God
yeah, i love that movie! anything involving snl or snl characters i've seen (i'm sure) but that's one of my favorite comedies of all time.

Oh yeah, that scene is Hularious. And he peels out leaving the T-1000 just standing there. I get a kick out of the hidden messages scene. Where Wayne and Garth are advertising just about everything.

i know he's not always popular with his NRA deal, but Heston makes me chuckle in his scene too.

Backon the subject of villains...ah, I've just had amoment of divine inspiration, try and bare with me. Has anyone seen Sword of Doom (dir. Kihachi Okamoto, 1966,Japan)? the villain in that is also the films protagonist, and he is truly evil possessed by his cursed sword that he wields without mercy. The said character is played by Tatsuya Nakadai (Ran, Kagemusha) and his good nemisis is played by the one and only Toshiro Mifune. There is one particular scene where Mifune attacks a troop of corrupt samurai to kill everyone of them in a snowy haze of beautiful swordplay and extravagent death. The film is strikingly well shot and contains a story that goes against the general western perception of the Samurai genre (through Kurosawa). This isn't to say that Sword of Doom is better than Rashamon etc but it offers something haunting and morally ambiguous. The ending will stay with you as one of the best or worst endings of all-time, for me it is one of the best.

Dennis Hopper as Frank Booth in Blue Velvet. What a sadistic, disgusting, hilarious guy.

Honorable Mention goes to the Child Snatcher in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. Gave me nightmares when I was younger.

The ugly mutha' in PREDATOR

and

Russell Crowe as SID 6.7 in VIRTUOSITY---a virtual reality police training composite of 200 criminal personalities! That's like 200 HANNIBALs!

Originally posted by Wart
Russell Crowe as SID 6.7 in VIRTUOSITY---a virtual reality police training composite of 200 criminal personalities! That's like 200 HANNIBALs!

Forgot about him, that is a wicked movie.

Definitely have to agree with Dennis Hopper in Blue Velvet. What a terrific performance, eerie as hell!

Kind of a stretch, but what about Pazuzu in The Exorcist... granted he's not a man, but still scary as hell.

My favorites...

1) Nurse Ratched (Louise Fletcher), One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
2) Frank (Henry Fonda), Once Upon A Time in the West
3) Noah Cross (John Huston), Chinatown
4) Mrs. Iselin (Angela Lansbury), The Manchurain Candidate
5) Norman Bates (Anthony Perkins), Psycho
6) Hans Gruber (Alan Rickman), Die Hard
7) Harry Lime (Orson Welles), The Third Man
8) Reverend Harry Powell (Robert Mitchum), Night of the Hunter
9) Kasper Gutman (Sydney Greenstreet), The Maltese Falcon
10) Minnie Castavet (Ruth Gordon), Rosemary's Baby
*special mention: the HAL-9000 (voiced by Douglas Rain), 2001: A Space Odyssey

and favorite comic villains...

1) Dean Vernon Wormer (John Vernon), Animal House
2) Dr. Einstein (Peter Lorre), Arsenic & Old Lace
3) Prince Humperdink (Chris Sarandon), The Princess Bride
4) Leonard Smalls - the Lone Biker of the Apocalypse (Randall "Tex" Cobb), Raising Arizona
5) Hedley Lamarr (Harvey Korman), Blazing Saddles
6) Lex Luthor (Gene Hackman), Superman: the Movie
7) Beetlegeuse (Michael Keaton), Beetlejuice
8) Doctor Evil (Mike Meyers), Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery/the Spy Who Shagged Me
9) Mr. Franklin Hart Jr. (Dabney Coleman), 9 to 5
10. Ray "Bones" Barboni (Dennis Farina), Get Shorty

And on and on and on....

Rock God
oh, yeah, how could i forget about norman bates! that's a great one. freaking creepy as hell. also, hopper in blue velvet wasn't really that funny, steve. what about nicholson as ANY BAD GUY HE'S EVER PLAYED? he's badass defined. you know a movie's badass just cause he's in it. while i'm on the subject of jack, the joker. the cartoon show and the movies don't do his character justice, but if you read the comic books, you would know the joker is one sick, sadistic, mother-fudger. he's killed more people than anyone else in comic book history, and his plans always make me squirm. he's evil! did you see jack in wolf? that movie wasn't the scariest thing i've seen by a long shot, but he's so good at being creepy, it's definitely chilling. and how could you overlook the shining? that's a horror movie classic (one of my favorites).
HEEERE'S JOHNNY!

Originally posted by BrodieMan
oh, also, hopper in blue velvet wasn't really that funny, steve.
I think you have to have a pretty sick sense of humor, but it's there. He is evil incarnate, but...when he puts on the lipstick, and kisses Kyle Machlahan and calls him Mommy, and says things like "LET'S F--K!!!!" (instead of "let's go"), I can't help but crack up. That movie is a 100%, bona fide comedy.

I like the wicked witch in Wizard of Oz - scared the bejesus out of me as a kid.

Originally posted by Steve N.
I like the wicked witch in Wizard of Oz - scared the bejesus out of me as a kid.
I think the wicked witch scared every kid. I hid under a blanket whenever she came on the screen.

Rock God
while we're on the subject of weirdos, isn't it strange no one has mentioned the gimp from pulp fiction? now THAT'S scary! if he doesn't qualify as a villian, no one does.

Rock God
oh, wait, sades did mention nicholson earlier. ok, just makin' sure jack (the freakin' man) got his props.