What do you watch on T.V.?

Tools    

"Fabricated American"
Originally posted by spudracer
She's like Angelina Jolie's twin sister seperated at birth
Yea, siamese twin, seperated at the lips!

-GTB

"Fabricated American"
Originally posted by Monkeypunch
What I watch on TV:
Greg the Bunny
Muchly Appreciated!

-GTB

Female assassin extraordinaire.
filmfreak stole gandalf!!

monkeypunch, who's that p|ssed off south park dude?

ok, here goes:

MUST SEES

Will and Grace W&G themselves are mildly amusing. Jack and Megan-Mulally-rich-b|tch and Rosario the Maid are hilarious ...
ER
South Park a timeless classic
X-Files - Yes yes, it went to sh|te. However, I adore scully as much as I adore mulder and i will never let her down. even when she's surrounded by crappy actors and silly plotlines. i'm with my fearless leader till the sappy, twisted end. she da man. i mean, woman. duchovny sucks for leaving her stranded like that for a year. punk@ss.
American Embassy ... hey man, you gotta experience travel and CIA romance somehow ... but i don't know where it moved to ...
Nigella Bites ...that woman ... that woman is heaven. exotic italianate looks mixed with a glorious british accent ... the way she says "yoh-gurt" ... curves ... heaving bosoms ... glorious raven ringlets ... her yummy food ... her goddess nature ... bliss ... Chris can tell you all about my lust ... i mean, my fascination for her. ma-ma ...)

Whenever I come across it - I most likely stay (for biography shows, depends on how fascinating the subject):

Howard Stern
A&E Biographies
Lifetime Biographies
E! True Hollywood Story
Inside the Actor's Studio
King of the Hill
VH1 Behind the Music
Various HGTV Kitchen and Bath Specials, and Designer homes and anything where they make me drool over design, landscape, and interior decorating
This Old House - I used to watch this religiously but I get tired of trying to figure out when the original episodes come on and chasing them down

Whenever I come across it - but I may leave:

Irooooon Chef!
Simpsons
Real World
Dark Angel - though the last 5 min i saw from the other day ... something to do with altered humans and a new flag? looked reaaallly weird. i used to watch mainly for the boy-girl chemistry between the heroine and her male sidekick beau.

Kids in the Hall is indeed prime stuff. hey, chris, i think it's the new Monty Python! they ALWAYS made me laugh. SNL rarely makes me laugh. nyah nyah.

i'm sure more ideas will come ....

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by thmilin
filmfreak stole gandalf!!

I know, ain't it cool?
I love Marcellus's(sp) new avatar too, that Cheekie-Classy-Humphy-Look-a-Like...very suave.

Thmmie~I'm surprised there's still devoted X-Files Fans; that show was at it's best when it was all about kooky aliens and scary mutant people...Sewer Dwellers, Glow-Bugs, Viruses, and the like. It got lame when it focused all it's attention the "Storyline"/Conspiracy...I'm glad it's gonna be gone soon.

I agree--nice avatar, FF!

As far as I'm concerned, Buffy the Vampire Slayer is one of the best shows on TV. Great writing, storylines, and ensemble cast (to balance out the undeniable fact that Sarah Michelle Gellar, while okay as Buffy, is a mediocre actress). Joss Whedon is a god. And Angel is turning into a great show, too--this season it's really come into its own. I watch both of those every week, and we're coming down to the wire on both--which equals big-*ss season enders. Makes me tingly.

Of the newer shows, Andy Richter Controls the Universe is the standout. It's so weird and funny. Very good. As are South Park, the Daily Show, The Job, The Simpsons, King of the Hill...

Space Ghost Coast to Coast, the Brak Show--these are great, great shows that you can catch on the Sunday Adult Swim on Cartoon Network.

Shows I watch with my daughter:

Spongebob Squarepants, Rocket Power, Samurai Jack, Powerpuff Girls, Clifford, Courage the Cowardly Dog, Hey Arnold!

Jeez, I watch way too much TV...

Mary Lo

"Are you getting enough oxygen?"

Years ago I watched "Space Ghost Coast to Coast" religiously, taped 'em all (the one with the cast of "Batman" is still my favorite among favorites - "You, Sir, have nothing: your show has been cancelled!"), and memorized many of the best bits. This show was even the launching pad for The Powerpuff Girls, and for me that first short is still the most brilliant episode. Hell, I even have a "Hello, My Name Is Brak" T-shirt.

But then I kind of just burned out 'em, even though they're only fifteen-minutes long each. I'm still amused by them when I randomly hit one while flipping these days, but I must admit I no longer seek them out.

I think part of the problem is the various guests became too hip to what was going on, started "acting" too much rather than just re-acting (the more blankly and confused the better) and letting the writers and animators handle the comedy part - stand-up comedians were always some of the worst guests for this very reason, I think. I guess I can't say what it is exacty, but I don't find the newer episodes anywhere near as good as the first couple seasons. Maybe it's just me?

I have listened to the CDs many times, which for me is a much better version of the Brak show. "Minky Doodle" and "What Day Is It?" are two of my all-time favorites - much better as audio only than on the tube.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Will and Grace W&G themselves are mildly amusing. Jack and Megan-Mulally-rich-b|tch and Rosario the Maid are hilarious ...

X-Files - Yes yes, it went to sh|te. However, I adore scully as much as I adore mulder and i will never let her down. even when she's surrounded by crappy actors and silly plotlines. i'm with my fearless leader till the sappy, twisted end. she da man. i mean, woman. duchovny sucks for leaving her stranded like that for a year. punk@ss.
i wholeheartedly agree.

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by Holden Pike

I think part of the problem is the various guests became too hip to what was going on, started "acting" too much rather than just re-acting (the more blankly and confused the better) and letting the writers and animators handle the comedy part
That's what I like about those "human intrest" stories that they do on the Daily Show...the more confused and perplexed the "real" people are, the better. Man, those are funny.
Steve: If you're such a lesbian, then why are you turning me on?
Lesbian: (confused look)

~or~

Steve: Are you familier with the words of William Idol? "With a Rebel yell, she cried more...more...more."

Redneck: (confused look)

I'm not old, you're just 12.

monkeypunch, who's that p|ssed off south park dude?

It's Russel Crowe! He appeared on a recent South Park where he just went around picking fights with people. It was hella-funny.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Um Bungo! Um Bungo!
not much anymore but...

trigger happy tv is top quality
league of gentlemen
countdown (haha!)
bewitched (haha!)
i dream of jeannie (haha!)
adam and joe show
shock video
smack the pony

i can't think of anything i watch week in week out, these are more of the shows i can stand watching when they're on

Female assassin extraordinaire.
sades, see me/patti's post ... lol, i agree the quality of the stories were struggling but most particularly in conjunction with

1) 2000-2001: Duchovny has a baby with Tea, decides he wants to work HALF as much (11 episodes) and get paid TWICE as much. AND move to LA. or wherever, from vancouver. AND he wants more directorial rights. so then, he starts directing campy and totally non x-files style episodes. totally amusing - but not fitting at all. dude has way too much ego going on. we saw him in that silly movie where he's a doctor used for illegal purposes. actually, we didn't.... EXACTLY. He does us a FAVOR showing up for a brief cameo or two.

2) 2001-2002: Duchovny is free one year earlier than scully. which is just WRONG. why? how the hell? they were in tandem the whole time! so, instead of being a loyal trooper he gets all artsy fartsy and "i've gone as far as I can go and the turn of the show is just not really serving any further purpose true to the original and it's time to move on" ... like your campy "ghouls dancing in the cemetery with cameo by Tea and Garry Shandling extravaganza" HELPED the show! grrr. so he's too good for us! he shows up for NO cameos and our darling scully is left with the biggest baby in the world (that thing is huge, how did it pop out of such a tiny frame?), surrounded by frickin TERMINATOR 2 and a chick who should be playing on freakin' Profiler or something. Annabeth Gish. I tell ya. The eyes she makes at Doggett would be considered sluttish in Mulder/Scully world. She's just not the caliber the show needs. And it's not that Doggett's bad, it's just that the role they gave him is entirely unfitting. he should actually have Cary Elwes' role, or something similar. the minute he takes out a gun and looks stern - which is pretty much all the time - i totally expect him to start chasing down the hall with that Terminator 2 music and to hear Ed Furlong screaming raspily in the distance. and he's always so d@mned confused. scully's a scientist and she never looks that baffled. you'd expect he'd have gotten it by now.

whew! sorry, had to rant there. sigh.

monkeypunch - oh my god they did Crowe! i can't believe i missed that. while i adore south park i don't catch it much these days. i'm sinful.

Now With Moveable Parts
sades, see me/patti's post ...
whew! sorry, had to rant there. sigh.

I'm glad you did...your insight on X-Files will prove handy when I go to explain to all my friends why I don't watch it anymore...

Thats all I usually watch. its a long list so bare with me.

Courage the Cowardly Dog, Cow and Chicken, Powerpuff Girls, X-Men: Evoulution, Ed Edd N Eddy, Dexters Lab, Spongebob Squarepants, Dragonball Z, Dragonball, Wild Thornberrys, The Simpsons, Jonny Quest, Rocko's Modern Life, Ren & Stimpy, Rugrats, Hercules, Scooby Doo, Justice League, Samarai Jack,Yu Yu Hakusho, Cowboy Bebop,

Other shows:
That 70's Show, Eyedrops, Extended Play, Iron Chef, Famous Jett Jackson, Southpark, Charmed, Smallville, Battlebots, Celebrity Deathmatch, Cribs, The Osbornes, Night Visions, Price is Right, Supermarket Sweep, Unwrapped, The Mole, Survivor,

i probably spelled your name all wrong. sorry about that. I noticed that you watch Space Ghost Coast to Coast. Well it so happens that they still show that on Cartoon Network though I think there are reruns. Im sure that Ive seen a new episode here or there though. It appears on the Adult Swim portion of Cartoon Network. Its on really late. On Sunday when you wanna catch it. Saterday has the anime line up.

Yeah, I know "Space Ghost, Coast to Coast" is still alive and well on The Cartoon Network as part of their 'Adult Swim' late nights. I didn't stop watching it because I couldn't find it on the schedule, I stopped watching it because I burned-out on 'em and the guests became too hip to the show's format, for me anyway.

Weeks and weeks ago I did remember one more show currently in production that I just love to tears, but I forgot to come back to this thread and add it:

Larry David's "Curb Your Enthusiasm", aired on HBO. Fan-frippin'-tastic stuff! Last year was only the second season, and the show keeps progressing and getting even better all the time. Actually, between HBO's "Curb Your Enthusiasm" and "The Sopranos", at this point I'm much more looking forward to season number three of Larry David's show than to season number four of David Chase's, though Tony and his Crew are still must-see-TV.

Morbida
I very seldom watch tv but I do what Sopranos and OZ and other than that I watch tlc dicovery crap like that...for the most part I watch movies

Morbida
regular tv just sucks......

I don't watch too much TV, either. There are a few select shows I always take an interest in, but for the most part I can find far much more entertainment through a movie...or, aside from that, a book...or the Internet.

crazed out movie freak
I watch The Real World and Road Rules religiously. I never miss an episode. I also am in to the show OZ. It is one of those shows you easily get addicted to.