The Sh*t List!

Tools    

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Originally posted by Fez Wizardo

Here it's 15 for permit, 16 for license. THIS HAS TO BE A JOKE!!!! How can you put a 15 year old on the road? If it's a male he's still going to be in the mad masturbation phase in which case i've never heard of safe one handed driving.
So then you agree with this Chris?!

1. I started driving when I was 15 and have never gotten into an accident.
2. I drove home today with one hand on the wheel, am I dead?
3. I've never had the urge to masturbate while driving
4. I've never seen anyone driving while masturbating
5. That whole quote is about as accurate as it is dumb.

I don't think he was being completely serious there, Peter. I'm virtually sure the masturbation crack was just that; a crack. What I agree with is the part you quoted and then argued with...the part where he said it was unlikely for them to be as reponsible to that age, and to which you replied with, among other things, "F people like you too."

It's because of people like him who believe so avidly in age constraints that I'm allowed to drive a motor vehicle that fits 8 people off the side of the rode, but am not allowed to see a movie with some profane language and **** in it. It doesn't make sense.

I wouldn't necessarily say that...but it's another issue entirely. You can rant against people who you think are like him (you don't know him, obviously...it's important to remember that), or you can rant just against him; which is what you did, and that was what I was arguing with. I don't think there was the least bit of grounds for it...what he said about it that kind of responsibility being "unlikely" is true, IMO. He made no definitive generalizations.

As for the larger issue at hand: well, you are allowed to see those movies. No, not wholly, but you're not utterly sheltered. Fact of the matter is that you've got to run a society some way, and running one without such regulations is probably worse than what we have now. It's the lesser of two evils...and if you have to wait until you're 17 to legitimately see Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back so that some other kids don't become vulgar because of their own lack of judgement and immaturity, then I can't say the system is completely senseless.

Sure having no age restraints is a bad idea, I think thats pretty obvious. But to limit entire groups of people because of a number is dumb. I feel safer riding in the car of a 17year old who has graduated from high school and has taken a drivers education course than I do with a 21 year old highschool dropout who has never taken a class on driving.

I think the age system in Virginia (where I live) is perfectly fine. Once you get to a certain age you can start to drive with a parent (only if you pass a test) and then at a different age, after having passed two tests and taken a drivers education course, are allowed to drive on your own.

The age doesn't matter, what matters is how educated you are on the matter. 3 year old Monkeys can pilot space shuttles!!! Because they've been educated and taught how to. Saying I, or anyone else, shouldn't be allowed to because of their age isn't a very good method. If a 15 year old has passed the tests, and has the knowledge and ability to properly operate an automobile, then by all means let him!

Well, obviously. I am not defending all Fez has said...but the one thing you chose to quote and jump all over was something perfectly legitimate and reasonable as far as I can see...and that's primarily what I objected to. Out here the system is flawed, BTW, but I can live with it. Better too careful than not careful enough in a matter like this

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
It's an opinion man. All it is.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

what do monkeys have to do with anything? they're all over MoFo land of late. sheesh
(no avatar offense meant.)

You guys can sure get your panties in a wad over some sh*t, can't you?

I think it's a "judge an individual" kind of thing... like most things are. Peter, I'll ride with you man, just keep your hands off my beer.
I, personally, was prone to road rage until I was 25 or so. Now I just don't give a damn about too much on the highway. Cut me off, tailgate me, who cares?

If you're driving stupidly and you hit me though, I'm stomping your body into some concrete.

Now:
I'm adding blatant clothing labels to the sh*t list. I just saw this guy with "Gucci" all over his body... I'm thinking this guy needs his own identity instead of trying to borrow someone elses. What a lame turd.

Um Bungo! Um Bungo!
Oh my, did I really write that masturbation thing? hehe

>Its people like you who are holding us mature people down.

>F people like you too.

Come on OG, it speaks for itself

Granted there are the daft morons, but I'd say its a balance. Now to say that because I'm 16 I can't be "anywhere near as careful as a 21 year old" is completely moronic.
I'm saying the older you get the wiser you are to the implications and consequences of your actions (driving).

If anything I'm more f'ing careful because I face much stricter punishment than a 21 year old for any number of violations. And I can gurantee you that I, a 16 year old male, am a MUCH better driver than a 21 year old. A 21 year old can legally buy beer, then go rundown some kids drunk off his ***; I however cannot.
OG, I speak from experience, I'm not randomly swearing at young drivers, I'm speaking from having three accidents, none of which my fault, all done by young drivers in the last 6 years or so. I also speak from the experience of driving for 10 years now from the age of 17.

Um Bungo! Um Bungo!
Originally posted by patti
what do monkeys have to do with anything? they're all over MoFo land of late. sheesh
(no avatar offense meant.)
I'm a fezzed wizard, the monkey is my apprentice.

Originally posted by Fez Wizardo
OG, I speak from experience, I'm not randomly swearing at young drivers, I'm speaking from having three accidents, none of which my fault, all done by young drivers in the last 6 years or so. I also speak from the experience of driving for 10 years now from the age of 17.
I'm guessing from your title you live in England, and I'm just wondering how many tests and classes do you have to take before you are allowed to drive? and whether or not they are mandatory?

Um Bungo! Um Bungo!
of course they're mandatory!

first you get written test and application for a provisional lisence when you're 16, and you need insurance and a person whose been driving for three years at least and over 21 with you in the car (see their driving standards?) then you sit a theory exam, then you take 1 45-60 minute driving test and then you apply for full lisence if you pass.

I still haven't even gone to the trouble of getting my liscence. I don't see the point. Driving, pft.

I can't be stuffed taking a test, having lessons, driving with L's for three months and then driving around with P's for two years.

I think I'll just get rich and famous and have a limo driver, thanks all the same.

Um Bungo! Um Bungo!
no driving is cool.

especially when you're young and suddenly you get the freedom...aww baby - you sit in and realise you can go ANYWHERE in convenience...

Its a bit different in here.

First you have to get your permit (eligible at 15) which is done by going to the DMV (Department of Motor Vehicles) filing out a bunch of forms, and then taking a two part test. If you pass that your allowed to drive as long as a person over 21 is in the car, who has a license of course.

To get your license you have to of had your permit for 9 months (thats new, it was 6 months when I got mine), taken a semester of drivers education, been on the road for 36 hours with a certified driving instructor, taken an hour long driving test, and then you have to go to court to get your license. Then to drive you must have insurance, and to get insurance you must have taken the drivers ed course.

My sh!tlist for today:
not much actually.

....then you renew your license after what used to be just a few years but is now 8 years!!!

i've heard of 80 and 90 year old's being allowed to renew through the mail...no vision update test, no driving ability test....mail in a check and voila...they get 8 more years!!!

driving a car is simple....it's the experience of all the crap that can go down in traffic and bad weather, etc. that separates the new drivers from the seasoned ones. not that THAT is any guarantee that an experienced driver isn't also one of the MORONS speeding along, not using signals, cutting off other drivers, not letting drivers merge, tailgaiting, etc.

i hadn't had a car accident or fender bender EVER in 20 years of driving until last october when my front right tire flew off my pick-up while i was DRIVING ON THE HIGHWAY.......goin' 60 m.p.h.!! i managed to scrape over to the shoulder with sparks flying from my now-grounded axel.....but my tire shot ahead and crossed the median and caused 4 cars to crash.
now who expects something like that to happen, be it me losing a tire or the unfortunate drivers who had a tire jump into their path from out of nowhere? luckily nobody was hurt. phewwww

You know what *****'s me?

MILES!!

Dammit!! Why can't you people just use kilometers?!
And say arse instead of ***?!

You say to-may-to,
I say to-mar-to,
You say po-tay-to,
I so do not say po-tar-to,

Tomayto, tomarto,
Potayto, potarto,

Let's call the whole thing off!

Why can't you just use miles? Some of us are just used to it, man. Technical superiority isn't everything...if it were, we'd all be using DVORAK keyboards.

we only use kilo (meters or grams) for road/running races and the sale and purchase of large quantities of illegal substances.