Favorite Romance Movies...i.e."chick flicks"

Tools    

The Truth about Cats and Dogs and Sleepless in Seattle are my favourites.

Now With Moveable Parts
I honestly, just loved, Sleepless in Seattle...I'd like anyone to honestly say they didn't!

Hmmm, I don't think I can honestly say that. Well, I enjoyed it...but I hate the way Bill Pullman's character got tossed aside. I HATE it when someone goes chasing some romantic pipe dream when, in real life, they'd be leaving a loyal spouse for someone they don't know so well, and would probably end up in a big mess. Stuff like that isn't feasible in real life. Poor Bill Pullman.

I honestly just don't like Sleepless in Seattle all that much. Some of the interactions between Hanks and the boy are nice, but otherwise it's a very average movie to me. It's about twice as good as You've Got Mail, but that's not saying much as the latter movie is nearly unwatchable.

I honestly think John Patrick Shanley's Joe vs. the Volcano (1990) is brilliant and so misunderstood, and I'd automatically take that Hanks/Ryan pairing over Sleepless and Mail EVERY single time.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Now With Moveable Parts
T:I agree. Pullman was a boring schmuck though.

Holden: I thought you would say something like that.

You asked me to be honest, Toots.

JOE BANKS
I love you too! I've never been in love with anybody before
either! It's great, I am glad....but the timing stinks, I
gotta go.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	Joe.png
Views:	720
Size:	389.6 KB
ID:	12294  

Now With Moveable Parts
That quote reminds me of someone...

Props to whoever said "LA Story" -- reminds me of how I met my ex -- no wait, it was through an argument, my bad.

How about "Sabrina" (the modern one) with Harrison Ford and Julia Ormond. Julia's (I hope I'm getting her name correct, if memory serves me well) character is breathtaking, intellectual, beautiful and absolutely charmed. Her transformation from "geek" to "woman" was completely auspicious for one lucky Harrison Ford.

Also, may I add "The American President?" Annette Benning was awe-provoking and when she said something to the effect of, "and I didn't come back because you dropped Bill 357 to the floor" with tears in her eyes.... Man, I may like ogling beautiful women like the rest of us guys but, these women are top-notch - - end of story.

-Joe

Jerry Maguire

Mystic Pizza, I seriously liked that movie.

Defintaley "As Good as it gets".

Titanic
William Shakespeare's Romeo & Juliet
Ever After
While You Were Sleeping

That's all. That's all I can think of. I'm not really a fan of romance, even when there's comedy; it'd have to be a lot of comedy. But these are the few I liked.

Now With Moveable Parts
Amelie.

Oh Man! Sades is spot on.

I'm shyer than shy so when I saw Amelie hiding away from the man that we all know is ideally suited for her, I felt her pain. It's what I'd do in the same situation. It's very dangerous to turn your dream into reality. What if it doesn't live up to expectations?

When he finally enters, her wordless acceptance of him is perfect. No big Hollywood kiss. Instead, Amelie kisses him tenderly three times in different places. He looks on unperturbed. He's not going to be pushed away by Amelie's eccentricities.

And that motorcycle ride at the end. Finally Amelie is happy.

That movie kicked ass and it's not out on DVD here until April. What can I do?? I need Amelie!!

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by bigvalbowski
When he finally enters, her wordless acceptance of him is perfect. No big Hollywood kiss. Instead, Amelie kisses him tenderly three times in different places. He looks on unperturbed. He's not going to be pushed away by Amelie's eccentricities.

Matt...remember when I told you about this part? *sigh* It was beautiful...the theater was so quiet during this scene...the romance was so thick.

jenny*b - yes, Ever After. good one.

and i'd add Bridgette Jones Diary to the list.
how did you guys who have seen it, like it?

i await Amelie on video......sounds terrific.

I'm waiting for it, too. Couldn't find it around here. I've wanted to see it for MONTHS...but it's not anywhere close enough. It's really starting to get on my nerves.

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by patti

and i'd add Bridgette Jones Diary to the list.
how did you guys who have seen it, like it?

Loved it. Adored it.