Previews and trailers...How much is too much?

Tools    

If you want to achieve greatness, stop asking for permission
The trailer for "Black Swan" really turned me off. I have not yet seen the movie, mostly because I feel like I already know the whole twist/ending. Some trailers definitely give too much away.

Yeah, but you don't know the whole twist. You have no idea, man. NO IDEA.

Seriously, watch the film. There's a lot more to it than you think.

There are those who call me...Tim.
I was thinking about something similar the other day, only it was about videogames.

I think information is far too easy to find these days. It used to be that you could only view trailers at the cinema or occasionally on TV, but these days you can watch them wherever you want and whenever you want, with sometimes up to 4 or 5 trailers being released in the build up to a major film. I find it too hard to get excited by a big film these days when I know every little detail about it before it comes out.

The last time I was all "OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!" was before the dark knight came out, but that ad campaign was brilliant. Before that it would have been Dead Man's Chest, and that's mainly because it was only about 4 or 5 months before it came out that broadband came to my town so I could actually watch trailers for it.

I used to love reading Empire Magazine every month in the UK, so I could see the reviews and news etc, but now I don't have to wait. By the time the magazine is out I know almost everything there is to know already.

I guess it being easier to find information isn't always a good thing.

I've seen the trailer for Larry Crowne, twice in the cinema and it looked kind of interesting.

However, there's a banner ad for the same film on the mofo forum page---and I've seen that twice now---and it's already annoying me.

I have a feeling I'm going to absolutely hate that film with a passion by the time it shows up in the theatre.

Wait a minute. That makes three.

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
If I'm real excited about seeing a movie, I'll do a media blackout--no reviews, no trailers, nothing-- I want to see it fresh.

Hard to do sometimes depending on the density of the marketing hype.

Thinking about it...
If I'm real excited about seeing a movie, I'll do a media blackout--no reviews, no trailers, nothing-- I want to see it fresh.

Hard to do sometimes depending on the density of the marketing hype.
That's exactly what I try to do.
But, as you said, sometimes it's hard.
Sometimes I get unwanted information by opening
the first page of my browser!

The trailer for "Black Swan" really turned me off. I have not yet seen the movie, mostly because I feel like I already know the whole twist/ending. Some trailers definitely give too much away.
yes, it's true.. and also i like trailer , but not movie.