Favorite Kevin Spacey Movie

Tools    

Now With Moveable Parts
The man is so talented.It's hard for me to even put into words the depth of his superb-ness.He's right up there with all the ledgends,in my opinion.I know I'm not his only fan here,so let's vote.

Now With Moveable Parts
As much as I loved his performance in Seven,his performance in the Usual Suspects was absolutely,top notch!

is Spacey ever not great? his best has got to be "The Usual Suspects"(one of my favorite films) - he's good in American Beauty too (annette bening is really good in pretty much everything as well).

One more for Usual Suspects here. =) For some reason, I didn't really like the whole American Beauty storyline and the entire cast... I must be weird but I didnt see what the whole board of Oscars thought they saw in it. Ah wellz.

Where's L.A. Confidential?

Out of the movies listed, I choose American Beauty.

wheres midnight in the garden of good and evil????
"Who comes at 12:00 on a Sunday night to rent Butch Cassady and the Sundance Kid?"
-Hollywood Video rental guy to me

Female assassin extraordinaire.
sades, my dear, is there any way you can add a couple?

i dunno about Pay it Forward tho ... yes he was disfigured but i never felt that was such a great movie ... he's always wonderful but you know, when the whole shebang is good ... like the Usual Suspects ... which I voted for.

Rock God
oh, sades, you know what i'll pick i'm gonna have to say glengarry glen ross, usual suspects, or la confidential which didn't even get a nomination. what's up with that? oh, well. usual suspects is one of my favorite movies of all time, period, and spacey pretty much rules in everything he's in because he's so understated and there's nothing worse than a total ham where there shouldn't be one. he's quiet and non-overactive but he always manages to steal the show. at least in his better roles he does. glengarry glen ross is more of an ensemble cast where everybody flat out rules, but it's one of my favorites, so i have to give it props.... dunno.... can't pick just one, but i can narrow it down.

Spacey is always watchable, even in complete dreck (see Pay it Forward and The Negotiator). He was a revelation in Glengarry Glen Ross, magnificent in SE7EN, even better in The Usual Suspects, he makes American Beauty everything it is, dazzles in Hurlyburly, he's absolutely perfect in L.A. Confidential...BUT, his best work to date can be found in Swimming with Sharks (1994).

"You have no brain. No judgement calls are necessary. What you think means nothing. What you feel means nothing."
- Buddy Ackerman
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

i saw that movie (Swimming with Sharks) ... i dunno, his character was so flamboyant and awful and then at the same time ... rather distant and subdued. maybe it was the ending, but the film overall didn't move me.

but yes, he was so deliciously MEAN in that one!

Now With Moveable Parts
Awe,you guys.I am Spacey's biggest fan.Of course I didn't FORGET any movies,all the movies I put on there,were for stratigic purpouses.I hated Pay it Forward.I wanted to see what you all thought.Swimming With Sharks is almost his best work(not quite though).L.A.Confidential is a supporting role,he's barely in it.Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil,I just don't talk aboutHolden Pike pretty much sums up a lot of my thoughts on his movies;BrodieMan also said that he's understated,and that's why I believe he's so fabulous.When he's onscreen,talking or not,he shares the space with the other actors so well.He's not out to be over the top and steal the limelight...I saw this in Seven,even though he's got the attention of the audiance while he's in the back seat of the police car,Brad Pitt shares the attention with him.That scene is riviting because of it.

wussup with that strange l'il signature you've got, sades?

why won't you talk about Midnight? he's the sexiest gay man ever.

yes, i like his cool. he knows being a great actor does not mean overacting.

Now With Moveable Parts
Sexy as Spacey may be...and as good as his performance was in Midnight...the movie as a whole dragged.I was so let down,I had read the book and loved it,then Spacey was starring in it,but it stunk.Big time.Don't talk about it anymoreMy sig is a secret....shhhh...

Sade's latest signature line is from "The Simpsons", the Japanese product that kinda uses Homer's likeness. Secret revealed.

As for Midnight in the Garden of Good & Evil, Spacey was excellent as the charming socialite and murderer Jim Williams, but that movie is a big disappointment. And I say that as a rabid Clint Eastwood fan. Completely misses the mystique and allure of the book, through no fault of Spacey.

Originally posted by Holden Pike
Sade's latest signature line is from "The Simpsons", the Japanese product that kinda uses Homer's likeness. Secret revealed.
Duh. Took me all of .46 seconds to figure it out. Super satisfaction, 100%! I am having no respect for dirt....what are you doing, you fools?

Originally posted by Holden Pike
Spacey is always watchable, even in complete dreck (see Pay it Forward and The Negotiator). He was a revelation in Glengarry Glen Ross, magnificent in SE7EN, even better in The Usual Suspects, he makes American Beauty everything it is, dazzles in Hurlyburly, he's absolutely perfect in L.A. Confidential...BUT, his best work to date can be found in Swimming with Sharks (1994).

I thought the Negotiator was a solid ::makes fist:: movie. It was a lot of fun. I like him in all his movies, I don't think I'm even going to vote because I can't make a decision.

Risking backlash, I'd like to say that I honestly don't think The Usual Suspects is as great as everyone says it is. What the hell happens in that movie? It's a good entertainment and all, and the ending is a stunner, but was anyone else as confused as I was?

Props to Holden for pointing out Swimming with sharks. That was a hilarious movie.

It wasn't too confusing to me. Certain aspects I didn't get, but it still fit for me. Upon viewing parts of it over again, I got it...and it does indeed make sense. Not 100% perfect sense, but it's more than reasonable. Good, good movie.

Rock God
that movie ruled. i could see how you would become confused if you weren't paying attention, but i don't wanna argue about this like the little discussion you guys had regarding memento.