A Bumper Sticker for Life...

Tools    

Now With Moveable Parts
I was out driving around today and saw this old,beat-up bumper sticker.It said,"If you're not outraged,you're not paying attention." I love it.It's one of those stickers that is never outdated.It pretained beautifully to today's events...it applies to almost all aspects of my life,all the way down to this movie forum.I wanted to steal it.I didn't though.What are some of your favorite bumper stickers?

Rock God
i have a jay and silent bob bumper sticker right now (no lie) that says "Beats your POS" ha ha! it's so cool, i love it. i don't see a lot of bumper stickers that really impress me. you could probably tell a lot more about my personality by looking at my guitar case. it's covered with stickers! i even have a bunch of simpsons stickers (my favorites ) i also have a pair of fuzzy balls.... *waits for laughter*...... a pair of fuzzy eight balls, that is hanging from my rearview window.

oh, as far as relevance goes, a little while ago, i saw a personalized plate that says URMYLIF after determining that the guy's NAME probably wasn't Urmy Lif, i guessed that it was supposed to mean "you are my life". that was the only personalized plate that really touched me. that's really powerful and meaningful to be a person's whole life. i think it's really beautiful in fact.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Always gotta be lookin at your fuzzy balls huh Brodie...LOL. I've got a bumper sticker that says Partnership for an Idiot Free America. Working at a video store made me pick this one out.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

I have more respect for my automobile and the people who designed it to marr it with bumper stickers. Someone worked very hard to design my car the way it is. To them, it is their art. I would sooner put a bumper sticker over the Mona Lisa than I would put a bumper sticker on my car.

Nothing says tackiness like a bumper sticker (which could be a bumper sticker slogan all its own).

Now With Moveable Parts
I know! I don't have a single bumper sticker.That's too much of a commitment.I do like the"Imagine Whirled Peas"I always thought it was cute.I love how much you can tell about the driver when you read their bumper stickers.I saw some irony the other day.Our town is all patriotic right now,as I'm sure a lot of your towns are too...however I saw this cadallac with a 'Darwin Thing eating the Jesus fish thing'and then on the rear window was painted,'God Bless America'seemed ironic to me.

Rock God
ryan-
you take your car way too seriously. i mean, i'm not covering mine with bumper stickers, but one or two won't kill anybody. plus, mine's wasn't new or anything, so it's not like i'm ruining something that won't be replaced in a year or two anyway.

I have two bumper stickers:

NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS
and
JUST BECAUSE I DON'T CARE DOESN'T MEAN I DON'T UNDERSTAND
That pretty accurately sums up my attitide towards the world.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I like a good bumper sticker, but honestly, some of them are just raw attitude, and those are usually annoying. Example: "Don't like my driving? Call 1-800-EAT-SH*T" -- oh yeah, real classy...and clever, too!

If I had one, it would say "www.movieforums.com" One that I thought was funny (but I wouldn't use it) was this one:

"Jesus Saves.....passes to Gretzky, Gretzky shoots, he scores!!!"

Knowing me I'd probably end up using my bumper for MoFo promotion and political statements. Sorry!

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
My favorites:

"Got Wang?"

"I want to die like my Grandfather, in his sleep. Not screaming like the passengers in his car."

"Don't look back, they might be gaining on you."

And some more I can't think of.

My friend Stevie made some pretty dumb decisions a while back, and as punishment her dad made her get a custom license plate that said "Sht4brns" or something like that. How funny is that?!?!

Originally posted by BrodieMan
ryan-
you take your car way too seriously. i mean, i'm not covering mine with bumper stickers, but one or two won't kill anybody. plus, mine's wasn't new or anything, so it's not like i'm ruining something that won't be replaced in a year or two anyway.
I'm just a car guy. I think it comes from the fact that my father was such a car guy (and has over 60 cars right now, some nearly 90 years old). Growing up with someone who reveres automobiles will make a guy take cars seriously.

I get mad when the dealership puts their crummy sticker on the back of the car (as a matter of fact, I insist that they don't put any dealership markings on the car as a condition of sale).

But to me, a car will always be much more than transportation.

I can understand that. However, if I found a bumper sticker that conveyed something that I knew was truly a part of me (not just a representation of some fad or passing phase), I don't think I'd hesitate all that much in slapping it on.

I had to consider when I got mine what people from my church would say. I'm very concious about that stuff. So when I picked out my Partnership one, I felt confident no one would say anything.

There was one that I would buy a case of and slap on just about every vehicle in my town and that was "Yer Folowing A Rednek".

There was another one I thought about getting one time, it was "Yes, it's my truck, No, I won't help you move"

When I was driving around the other day there was a Calvin thing with him pissing on Bin Laden. Thought that one was a clever one, but knew it was a matter of time before they came up with it.

Rock God
hey, ryan, it's cool that you have a lot of respect of cars, but i still don't think a bumper sticker is that big of a deal. i mean, cars are really just mass-assembled on a construction line by robotic arms, they're not really works of art. i think the calvin thing is absolutely repulsive, though. i mean, he's taking a leak on a chevy (or ford) logo, how could you find that to be funny? it's not only juvenile, but after seeing the people who have one of those i associate it with rednecks. sorry, i hope i'm not offending anyone (really i don't want anyone mad) but they just strike me as being so childish and dumb. and why all the overprotectiveness about which kind of car somebody drives? the brand name loyalty people have for chevy and ford is borderline crazy sometimes. also, i don't buy any products with calvin and hobbes on them, because i read that bill watterson intentionally didn't license the characters out because he thought market saturation would cheapen the impact of his comic strip. so those shirts with him in the toilet and the "peeing" stickers for cars are bootlegs. i hate that. it seems to be dishonoring someone's creativity and artistic intelligence, but that's just crazy ole' me.

So movies can't be works of art? I mean, they're just mass-produced pieces of plastic run through a projector (or mass produced pieces of plastic run through VCRs or DVD players).

Buildings cannot be art? They are just steel and glass put together by teamsters.

Would the Mona Lisa cease to be art if someone put it on a T-Shirt? Are Bill Waterston's drawings of Calvin no longer art because the character has been put on stickers (or because his drawings were reproduced by machines and printed day after day in newspapers across the country)?

Car design is still done by people. People who take great pride in their efforts and who do put touches on their works beyond what is necessary to get people from Point A to Point B.

And, for the record, not all cars are mass-produced or put together by robots. Believe it or not, some cars are still built largely by hand.

Now With Moveable Parts
I'll tell you what car is art...figgin' any Jag ever,any year,any color...Jags rule!

If this bumper sticker is out there I want it. "My piece of s*** can beat your piece of s***"

Sorry I was just thinking of that. Even though I don't have a piece of s*** it might come in handy some day.

Hmmm, is that a nod to Ferris, by any chance?

"...it's not a piece of sh*t."
"It is a piece of sh*t. Don't worry about it, I don't even have a piece of sh*t, I have to envy yours."

Now With Moveable Parts
Perfect word for word quotation...and I was lookin'too cuz I know that movie inside out.My favorite qoute,"...pardon my french,but if you stuck a lump of coal up his A**,in two weeks,you'd have a diamond."...or,"-a man with his morals that far out of whack,doesn't deserve such a fine automobile."