Your Favorite Music Videos...

Tools    

Now With Moveable Parts
The one I'm talking about is the one where it's done to look like the old american musicals.Everyone dances in the street(even the mailbox)it's so cute.

Rock God
oh, yeah! i did see that. did anyone see the one that was supposed to look just like ren and stimpy, though? please don't tell me i'm imagining it. lol... i'm going insane!

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
I just downloaded this video from a band I love called Primus. The song is The Devil Went Down to Georgia. It's the greatest music video I've ever seen. SO cool. VERY artistic. Just oozes style.

I love Primus, they play all sorts of different kinds of music. This song is a sort of country-folk thing. It's just awesome. Everything in that video just meshes perfectly together.

Now With Moveable Parts
I was up kinda late last night...flipping the channels. I watched some videos for awhile and spotted two, new, good ones.

Incubis~ I like their new video Warning. I don't know why, but that lead singer guy just radiates sex. Good enough video, too. The girl in the "story" is really frightening when she's screaming like that. It bugged me at first, but then it was pretty interesting.

Dirty Vegas~ The video for Days Go By is fun. It's this guy in a suit dancing like a maniac. Great moves. There's these people crowded around, watching and commenting on how every year, he dances from sun up to sundown...waiting for this girl he lost. It's a great dance track and a cool video to go with it. Me likey.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
The Eminem video for Without Me is pretty damn funny, especially the dancing Osama Bin Laden, but I think my favorite videos are Soundgarden's Black Hole Sun, Nirvana's Heart Shaped Box, The Beastie Boys' Sabotage video, The Tenacious D video for F*ck her Gently, (which was directed by John K. who made up Ren and Stimpy) and Pearl Jam's video for Do the Evolution, which is just about the best video ever made.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Wow, I couldn't agree more. I've seen all of those 'cept Sabotage (I'm not sure if I've seen Do the Evolution or not), and they're all excellent videos...Heart Shaped Box especially, I thought (which, IMO, is Nirvana's best song, too). Black Hole Sun was freaky...I don't wanna see a little girl puke like that. It was cool nonetheless, though.

Now With Moveable Parts
I have to admit, as much as I don't care too much for Eminem, his lyrics and videos are pretty damn hilarious. I like when he throws Moby.

I agree, Monkeypunch, Sabotage is my favorite video of all time. Close second is The Foo Fighters with Learning to Fly.

as far as visual or emotional videos go, I like Madonna's Bedtime Stories and R.E.M's Everybody Hurts.

Originally posted by sadesdrk
I have to admit, as much as I don't care too much for Eminem, his lyrics and videos are pretty damn hilarious. I like when he throws Moby.
Moby's kinda cute, and so is Eminem.

as far as visual or emotional videos go, I like Madonna's Bedtime Stories and R.E.M's Everybody Hurts.
I like her song "Human Nature" off that album. Oops! I didn't know I wasn't supposed to talk about sex! I must have been crazy...

R.E.M.'s "Everybody Hurts" has depressed me to tears before.

Now With Moveable Parts
Yeah, the song maybe...but the video has very uplifting qualities....
"...So hold on....hold on...."

One of my favorite sad REM songs is "Nightswimming." Just beautiful, and sad, too. I'm not sure if they have a video for that.

"Sabotage" is abso-f*cking-lutely the best video ever.

You know what irritates me? The country videos that think they have to have a little mini-movie to go along with the song. Cripes. There was one, one halfway decent one--and that would be Travis Tritt's "Anymore" (I think that's the name of the song)--made in the early 90's, and then they all went apesh*t.

Not that I actually watch the country videos channel. But I wanted to contribute to the conversation.

Okay, I've turned on the Great American Country channel to prove your point.

So far, Ive seen a woman out in the rain. A man singing, his face close up. Now a bunch of men are playing cards, and they're looking at each other. Now a man's sitting on a car. Now there's a trashcan on fire. NOW THERE'S SNOW! Now the woman's behind a glass window. Now there's a bicycle. This man is really sad. Now the woman's standing outside alone, holding an umbrella.

NOT A DAY GOES BY.....

Now the man's sitting in a car. His buddies are driving him. Now he's looking at a BIG SCREEN on a building! And his woman's on it. Now he's sitting in a chair in a big room. Big windows. Now he's walking down alleys. Now there's a bearded man walking along in a leather jacket. Now the woman's wearing a horizontal striped sweater. Now there's rain pouring down a window.

Okay, it's over. And that was:

"NOT A DAY GOES BY"
by LONESTAR
CD: I'M ALREADY THERE

Beware the Moon
I like the video for Guns 'N' Roses - November Rain. thats a well thought out and memorable video. A bit more recent but just as memorable is the video for "She is beautiful" by Andrew WK. Totally mad and it has an infectious tune

So much music, so many good video's. Does anyone remember Sigue Sigue Sputnik ? or should that be does anyone fondly remember them

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by Logan
Does anyone remember Sigue Sigue Sputnik ? or should that be does anyone fondly remember them
I sure as hell don't. What is it?
Sounds scary and totally 80's.

Beware the Moon
They were pretty scary

They headed a Japanese influenced "Cyber Punk" music revolution during the mid to late eighties in England. They were famous for big multi coloured hair and outrageous outfits. Their most famous songs are probably Love Missile F1-11 and 21st Century Boy. They don't sound too bad thesedays

Originally posted by Jason
So far, Ive seen a woman out in the rain. A man singing, his face close up. Now a bunch of men are playing cards, and they're looking at each other. Now a man's sitting on a car. Now there's a trashcan on fire. NOW THERE'S SNOW! Now the woman's behind a glass window. Now there's a bicycle. This man is really sad. Now the woman's standing outside alone, holding an umbrella.

NOT A DAY GOES BY.....

Now the man's sitting in a car. His buddies are driving him. Now he's looking at a BIG SCREEN on a building! And his woman's on it. Now he's sitting in a chair in a big room. Big windows. Now he's walking down alleys. Now there's a bearded man walking along in a leather jacket. Now the woman's wearing a horizontal striped sweater. Now there's rain pouring down a window.

Okay, it's over. And that was:

"NOT A DAY GOES BY"
by LONESTAR
CD: I'M ALREADY THERE

Lonestar must not have gotten the Mini-movie Memo.

Beware the Moon
Due to prolonged exposure to MTV over the weekend
Linkin Park - Points of Authority (the remix one with the very cool CGI video)

Tenacious D - Tribute very funny video, I liked it.

Micheal Jackson - Smooth Criminal, go to michealjackson.com to see.......so cool

Also check out Scream, Remember The Time, Billie Jean, Black Or White (extended verson), Bad and Beat it

More Michael Jackson fans...

Sigh.