Monty Python Movies

Tools    

Now With Moveable Parts
That used to be my signiture.

Rock God
this is the first time i posted on this thread, but i just gotta say how cool the pythons are. do you remember when cleese worked for the ministry of silly walks? classic! and how about the sketch with the dead parrot that they were trying to convince was alive? those guys are definitely a little weird, but it's funny stuff. although i have to say foreigners (please don't take this the wrong way) have incredibly strange senses of humor so it's kinda hit or miss. i mean, when they're funny, they're damn funny, but i've seen python stuff that didn't really have me rolling in the isles. that said, i can't think of a movie that had me laughing as hard as the holy grail. *wishes for someone to start talking about the black knight*

The Black Knight was originally going to be cut from Grail as the boys believed it to be too grotesque and out of context with that part of the movie -- the editor convinced them to keep it in.

Cleese DESPISES the Ministery of Silly Walks sketch.

Dead parrot?? I do believe you mean the "norwegian blue" that has been "stapeled to the perch".

Oh yass dear darlings, Spanish Inquisition was best of all, but those of us who love John Cleese also loved his stirp scene in Fishcalledwanda, and those of us who loved Terry Gilliam also loved timebandits, and there was that one with the missionaries that was pretty good. Any python is a good python. I can't hear John P. Sousa without getting a thrill now.
love to you and you and you
Jozie

You're a Genius all the time
I am a humongous Python fan, but I think their best stuff was in Flying Circus, not the movies. The Python's brand of humor requires a certain manic energy and ebb and flow that the feature length flicks have a hard time sustaining. I think all their films have their moments, certainly, but they're not all that they're cracked up to be. I haven't seen Life of Brian or The Meaning of Life in a while, but I think they're both miles ahead of Holy Grail. Meaning of Life's probably my favorite.

Not a big fan of the dead parrot sketch, but the cheese shop one gets me every time. And I don't care what John Cleese despises, The Ministry of Silly Walks is smashing.