Beatle's countdown

→ in
Tools    

I agree with most of the bad things said about Son of the Mask but it's cool that you like it. Haven't seen Heckler this is all i've read about it which makes it sound like it's mostly someone who can't take criticism throwing a tantrum, and against regular people not even paid movie critics since he had the reach to attack the regular bloggers doing so on their free time and not the critics.:

Around the halfway point, though, Jamie Kennedy starts exclusively interviewing bloggers who gave Son Of The Mask negative reviews. There's an extended scene in which Kennedy reads blurbs about his movies back to the people who wrote them years before, and it just sort of leaves the camera on their uncomfortable faces as he channels his best Kenneth Branagh. One gets the vibe that this is less a PSA about rudeness and more an opportunity for Jamie Kennedy to spend thousands of dollars bullying nerds who hurt his feelings.

The movie ends by covering the pretty much universally maligned director Uwe Boll's boxing matches against internet critics. Thing is, though, the critics had no boxing experience or training and -- in exactly the sort of fashion you'd assume Uwe Boll conducts his affairs -- they were told it was a publicity stunt instead of, you know, a for-real boxing match with someone who intended to beat the **** out of them. Said another way, the triumphant emotional climax of Kennedy's film is a series of scenes wherein one of the worst filmmakers of all time violently assaults a bunch of unsuspecting nerds who had the temerity to question his artistic genius. Which is a pretty decent metaphor for the film's whole raison d'etre.
http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-docume...r-own-message/

Double Indemnity is great. My favourite Wilder and one of my favourite films in general.

88. He's Just Not That Into You

Year: 2009

Genre: Comedy, Drama, Romance

Director: Ken Kwapis

Cast: Jennifer Aniston, Jennifer Connely, Morgan Lily, Ginnifer Goodwin, Justin Long, Ben Affleck, Scarlett Johansson, Bradley Cooper, Drew Barrymore, Sasha Alexander, Kris Kristofferson

Imdb rating: 6.4 out of 139 452 votes

Synopsis:
The Baltimore-set movie of interconnecting story arcs deals with the challenges of reading or misreading human behavior.

This is a nice little exploration into male - female relations.

The first rom-com here I dedicate to @honeykid, for all too well known reasons.

WARNING: "Confusion" spoilers below
I remember my mom and I were watching this on TV, and crackin upall the time. Now we do have sort of a cliche that a chick Gigi (Goodwin) is looking for Mr. Right out there somewhere light-years away while the whole time he's right in front of her nose (Long). One rarely sees it, right? She just had her focus on the wrong thing. But it works the other way around as well. This is actually a nice little joke on the male species. He thought women are the only ones lost and confused, and while giving her advice all the time, it was him who needed it increasingly, as he was falling for her deeper and deeper.

It also features one of my fave quotes. Alex (Long) to Gigi:

When a guy says he's not into you, it means he's not!

We also have one fat bastard here - Ben (Cooper). A sad, poor and pathetic looser who in fact is the only one completely lost as in the moral code which of course translates devastatingly to male-female relationships.

Probably the most hillarious character is Mary (Barrymore), as she gets into a nightmarish labirinth of cyber dating.

We even have a guy taking advice from two gays about his own relationship, an advice which ruins everything.

And we have yet another cliche - Neil (Affleck) doesn't believe in marriage up to the point that when a completely strait-forward Beth (Aniston, due to the fact she's taken advice from Gigi who's supposed to be all-knowledgeable now after her experience with Alex) asks him either we do it or not, decide finally! He still declines. And she breaks up with him. Of course, a tactics that usually works in these situations is to let go, stop insisting, and he'll then change his mind because she provoqued a contra-effect. But that wasn't the case. First of, she was sincear in not demanding marriage anymore, and second, he changed his mind anyway.

Ultimately, this is neither a feminist, nor a chauvinist film. It's transexual.

87. K2

Year: 1991

Director: Franc Roddam

Cast: Micheal Biehn, Matt Craven

Plot: Two nutters climb K2

imdb rating: 6.2 out of 5791

This is a cult movie among alpinists. K2 is the most difficult and dangerous mountain to climb. It has taken many lives. It's in the western Himalaya.

Micheal plays someone who is too stupid not to go. Matt is a quantum physicist who can't find an answer there, so he climbs mountains.

86. Lust For Life

Year: 1956

Genre: Biography, drama

Directors: Vincente Minelli, George Cukor

Cast: Kirk Douglas, Anthony Quinn

Synopsis: The life of Vincent van Gogh

imdb rating: 7.4 out of 8792 votes

&html5=1

I'm passionate about this film because I see Vincent as my soul mate. We both suffer from mental illness, both of our lives were real failures. We were unable to found a family, make a living or even establish contact with other people.

But through his art Vincent found a way to escape from reality.

Kirk is one of my all time faves and a perfect cast, as they are physically simmilar. Steve McQueen is even closer, but Kirk's performance is out of this world. He himself considers it his best. Anthony as Paul Gauguin is off though. I can't stand him anyway. I'd rather cast Gene Wilder.

The movie is very dramatic as it should be. But at the same time unbelievably realistic. You get a feeling you're really there with him, experiencing it all.

It starts showing what a soul of a human being he was, helping people in a coal mine. This will have a large impact on the climactic confrontation with Paul. He moves to the south of France, atracted by it like so many northern artists. He wants to found an artists community and invites Paul who arrives in 1888. In the mean time his increasing frenzy is shown. He paints like a lunatic, painting after painting. He once even portrayed the Sun in zenith. The director uses here twisting pictures with appropriate music as Kirk narrates like in a dream with a very hypnotic voice. On Christmas a fight breaks out between them with disagreing on painters.

Paul: What do you know about work?

That's when he snaps throwing a glass.

- Get out!

When Paul left, he had a seizure looking himself in a mirror and taking a knife. He then disappears from the screen and cuts his ear off, pushing a hidious cry.

He's institutionalized. We have a dramatic scene him walking in a dark corridor with a technician leading him and a madman from a cell pushes a yell. He almost falls to the floor.

He kills himself.

85. Pulp Fiction

Year: 1994

Director: Quentin Tarantino

Cast: Uma Thurman, John Travolta, Bruce Willis, Samuel L. Jackson, Harvey Keitel, Rosanna Arquette

Genre: Crime, drama

Synopsis:
The lives of two mob hitmen, a boxer, a gangster's wife, and a pair of diner bandits intertwine in four tales of violence and redemption.

imdb rating: 8.9 out of 1 530 868 votes

I'm dedicating this to @neiba.

I wasn't sure if I'll include it, but seeing

again today after a long while left no doubt.

Once in a while comes a film like never seen before. But unlike 2001 and Citizen Kane not in terms of technique renovation. The story does the job here. Nor was it out of its time - quite the opposite. That's what America was like in '94. The absolute key are Quentin's original ideas. My fave is the toaster scene.

The acting is also brilliant and in line with the movie - it's obvious Quentin had everything under control which wasn't easy! I'd pick John, I adore him anyway. He's my fave dancer.

Songs are also brilliantly incorporated, much like in Goodfellas, but in a different way, since Quentin and Martin are two very different men. Quentin's completely unwined.

Last, but not least, there's Uma, the most beautiful woman I've ever seen. This was her breakthrough, like Quentins'.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
LOOVED the whole Jack Rabbit Restaurant scene, nevermind the crazy twist of what happens after.
But then this movie is packed with them. Quentin is a pro at spinning things out of control while still, somehow, maintaining control of what transpires. If that makes any sense.
Can't even COUNT the times I watched this at the theater when it came out and countless more times since.

LOOVED the whole Jack Rabbit Restaurant scene, nevermind the crazy twist of what happens after.
But then this movie is packed with them. Quentin is a pro at spinning things out of control while still, somehow, maintaining control of what transpires. If that makes any sense.
Can't even COUNT the times I watched this at the theater when it came out and countless more times since.
It doesn't.

If you're, or anyone else for that matter, wondering why I'm not repping you, it's bc I can't. There's something technically wrong. God only knows I was notorious for repping, so this is balancing out. Still, Iwish I could.

I actually haven't seen it in quite a while, like since the last millenium, so I don't even know what you're talking about.

I was hesitant to include it bc of all the violence, drugs etc., but after seeing the iconic dance scene...f+ it, this has gotta go in.

My problem with Quentin is that he is a show off, and so is everyone in each of his movies I saw. They're all so full of themselves, and can't get over of how cool they are.

But the dance scene kills it. F* IT.

It's 84 places too low! ahahahah

Thanks Beatle

Welcome. But there'll be another certain movie at a certain position. I won't reveal anything, even though I already did. And many others from your list, too. Maybe.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
It doesn't.

If you're, or anyone else for that matter, wondering why I'm not repping you, it's bc I can't. There's something technically wrong. God only knows I was notorious for repping, so this is balancing out. Still, Iwish I could.

I actually haven't seen it in quite a while, like since the last millenium, so I don't even know what you're talking about.

I was hesitant to include it bc of all the violence, drugs etc., but after seeing the iconic dance scene...f+ it, this has gotta go in.

My problem with Quentin is that he is a show off, and so is everyone in each of his movies I saw. They're all so full of themselves, and can't get over of how cool they are.

But the dance scene kills it. F* IT.
no worries about the rep and yeah, they ARE full of themselves, but, for me, it works. So I've always enjoyed it.
It's been a good solid decade since I've seen it last as well, so looks like I need to see it again as well.