GBGoodies 2015 Movie Logbook

Tools    

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Yes. I spoke to the district manager, and he sent us a $25 gift card that can be used at any Smashburger location.
Looks like you got what you wanted.

VFN
Winter Calls Thy Name
Yes. I spoke to the district manager, and he sent us a $25 gift card that can be used at any Smashburger location.
Great and not surprised.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Looks like you got what you wanted.

I really wanted them to fire the manager, but I knew that wasn't going to happen just based on my complaint. However the DM sounded very angry about what happened, and he assured me that he was going to have a one-to-one meeting with the manager, and they were going to have a store meeting with the entire staff, and that this type of incident would never happen again.

In addition, the DM gave me his cell phone number and told me that if I have another problem in any of their local locations, I should call him from the restaurant and he would deal with it as it happens. He also said that they are new to this area, and they are still "working out all the bugs", so he asked me to call him back in about six months and give him an update as to how the local locations are doing at that time.

I don't know if he was sincere, but he sounded like he really cared. Hopefully that will be the last time I have a problem there. I guess only time will tell.

I get the feeling you'll never ever have to worry about going hungry. You must have a .... SECOND HOME .... FILLED with $25-$50 gift cards for restaurants and fast food places.

In fact, you ought to remove all of those toys you have decorated all around your computer and house and just decorate your place with the restaurant gift cards on display.

I bet when you give people restaurant gift cards as gifts, you also give them a greeting card that tells a story about how you got it. How you "earned it" from the restaurant.

I get the feeling you'll never ever have to worry about going hungry. You must have a .... SECOND HOME .... FILLED with $25-$50 gift cards for restaurants and fast food places.

No, but if you'd like to send me some, I'd be happy to accept them.

I bet when you give people restaurant gift cards as gifts, you also give them a greeting card that tells a story about how you got it. How you "earned it" from the restaurant.

You must have some very warped image of me in your mind.

There needs to be a logbook thread for every time you cause trouble in a restaurant. That's the thread I wanna read. Go make it. You know it'll get filled up faster than this one in no time.

VFN
Winter Calls Thy Name
Sexy just wants a gift card himself.

There needs to be a logbook thread for every time you cause trouble in a restaurant. That's the thread I wanna read. Go make it. You know it'll get filled up faster than this one in no time.

I could write a book of all the problems I've had in stores and restaurants. I'm just lucky that way. If there are hundreds of people in the restaurant, and they're going to screw up one person's food, it's always my food that gets screwed up.

I just got a gift card the other day at Applebee's. Everyone who was there at the time got one. Gbgoodies was there, complaining as usual. She was really loud. They gave us gift cards since she interrupted our meals.

I just got a gift card the other day at Applebee's. Everyone who was there at the time got one. Gbgoodies was there, complaining as usual. She was really loud. They gave us gift cards since she interrupted our meals.

Nope. It wasn't me. I haven't been to Applebee's in about four or five years. But that's a story for a different thread. (Where was that hijack thread link again?)

Nope. It wasn't me. I haven't been to Applebee's in about four or five years.
I was in one of my alternate universes and you were there. In that universe, Applebee's is the only restaurant still in existence. You closed all of the others. Even that Applebee's was on its way out.

I could write a book of all the problems I've had in stores and restaurants.
But they wouldn't publish it because it'd be so long -- it'd take every tree on Earth to print it up. Kindle might release it, though, as long as it doesn't take light years to download.

E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial (1982) - I chose to watch this movie for several reasons. The first reason was because I needed a movie starting with the letter "E" for JayDee's alphabet challenge.

Forum Wide Challenges
Complete the alphabet in terms of films you watch. Taking the first letter of each film try and tick off all 26 letters of the alphabet.

The second reason was because I noticed that yesterday's movie was #99 on my list, and I wanted #100 to be a great movie.

http://www.movieforums.com/community...29#post1249529

And the third reason was because this is one of my all-time favorite movies, and I haven't had a chance to watch it recently, since I spend so much time watching movies for the various tournaments here. This seemed like a good time to watch it again.

As I stated, this is one of my all-time favorite movies. I can't stress how much I love this movie. It has the perfect blend of drama, humor, adventure, sci-fi, fantasy, and more. It made me laugh, and it made me cry. It's the first movie that I can remember that I saw in the theater, that made me want to immediately go back into the theater and see it again. (I saw it in the theaters so many times that I eventually lost count.)

It features a cast of then-unknown young actors, who all did amazing jobs. Even the original advertising for this movie was perfect because Spielberg was very careful to make sure that no images of E.T. were released until after the movie was in the theaters, so the audience would fall in love with him, regardless of his looks.

The music by John Williams is extraordinary. It helps the feel of the movie from beginning to end. In my opinion, this is Steven Spielberg's best movie.

+
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial-1982-Pepsi-poster.jpg
Views:	677
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	19995  

Inherent Vice (2014) - Today was hubby's turn to choose a movie, and he picked this movie. It didn't sound like my kind of movie, but I agreed to watch it anyway.

Surprisingly, this was actually an interesting movie, although it was a bit confusing at times. I'm still not sure about a few things, and I asked some questions about them in the "Movie Questions" section, but they haven't been answered yet because the thread got a bit sidetracked.

http://www.movieforums.com/community...12#post1256412

I think this is the type of movie that will get better with additional viewings because I would probably pick up on some things that I may have missed this time, so I may understand it a bit better the next time around.

The acting was great, however one of the biggest problems for me was that two of the actresses look the same to me, (Katherine Waterston and Joanna Newsom), so it was hard to know which character was which a few times. I haven't seen Benicio del Toro in a lot of movies, but I was a bit surprised by him because he's mumbled his words in most other movies, but in this movie, he spoke clearly, like a normal person. (I liked that.)

Overall, this is a pretty good movie, but not great. It might get better on a re-watch at a later date.

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	Inherent-Vice-2014-supper.jpg
Views:	529
Size:	104.1 KB
ID:	19996