Can you name this movie?

Tools    

Hi, Folks:

This is my first posting. I saw a preview for a movie at the theaters a few months ago that I'd like to see. Unfortunately, I don't remember what it's called. It looked like it took place in the mid to late 50s in a tough neighbourhood (like Brooklyn). From the clip I remember that a group of guys were trying to move into the neighbourhood to sell drugs and some of the locals were trying to stop them. I believe there was also a mafia don type of character (the type that says what goes on and what doesn't in HIS neighbourhood - you know the type). I'm not even sure it's been released yet but since then I have not seen this preview again. If anyone knows what movie this is please let me know!

Thanks

Welcome! Any big names in the movie?

I don't recall. I don't think anyone really famous...

Sounds like a modern West Side Story. But in this one, it'd be the bloods and crips "C" walkin around shankin' eachother while singing the chorus to Gin & Juice. That's copyrighted.

If you've lost all track of time and saw this more like a couple years ago rather than a couple months ago (or saw it on a DVD rather than in a theater), sounds like Deuces Wild (2002) starring Stephen Dorff.

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

We All Go A Little Crazy Sometimes
Not a bad movie at all