Ted Demme, dead

Tools    

Just learned that director Ted Demme died last night in Los Angeles. Causes undetermined (or at least unreleased) at this point. He was only 37.

Demme directed last year's Blow (2001), as well as Beautiful Girls (1996), The Ref (1994), and Life (1999). Director Jonathan Demme (Silence of the Lambs, Philadelphia, Melvin & Howard) was his uncle.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Wow.

37 years of age?

This is a shame. Blow got some strong reviews. The man could have really been something. He'll be missed.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Blow was the only actual movie of his I saw, the man did have some talent.

BTW - Moved it here, more appropriate.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg