East Asia Corner

Tools    

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Peak music.

Nakata is god. How come Western producers haven't yet given up?

What Heaven looks like...
False, you pervert.

The only heaven is that with Ichiko Aoba singing in it.

I was watching a good video on YouTube some time ago and can't remember what it was called or all of it, I do remember one thing a person said. If as a non-asian speaker you ask for directions to a place in China you'll be brushed away with a hand gesture but if you are in Singapore, they'll not only give you directions but they'll walk you to the damn bus stop, get on the bus with you, make sure you arrive at your destination safely and invite you for tea the next day!

After the arrival of communism to China, (and before) there was large influx of Chinese to Singapore that after a century those of Chinese descent exceed that of the Malays

If I remember rightly, the gist was that Singapore resemble more the traditional China than what China is today. You'll also find some of the oldest loveliest Chinese temples, in fact in Singapore.