Things that annoy you in Zombie movies. Or things you could do without

Tools    

I go away for a few months and this is the only thing in my mentions?

Leaving aside...most of this, I have to wonder if the post-9/11 surge in popularity has to do with them coming across as an enemy that is human on the surface but a soulless husk underneath, which makes them acceptably threatening targets of violence (to say nothing of how the ensuing societal breakdown of a zombie apocalypse plays into the idea of doomsday preppers).

I am not sure who you are. Are you a professor? I can see you have an interest somewhat in this. And probably knowledgeable. Perhaps more knowledgeable than me or most of my friends. I actually have a sheik friend club that includes people who only are into zombie films.
You are talking about a helfy talking point or topic. You could be right. I did the weirdest search on Youtube in my life. I typed in Pearl Drone. Altru. Just three words.
Well what came up were some guys (maybe you know them) with a drone flying it over an abandoned american ghost town. Supposedly a town too that has been used by the military for training and perhaps testing bio weapons. I am sure this video is some fabrication. But it has over three million views. It might be taken down. But those words were what I typed in. These Sean William Scott (Stiffler) type guys heckling and laughing. They fly a drone over this ghost town, somewhere in America. Looks like it could be Nevada or something. And they see a "Zombie." Then the drone shows a guy in military camo, but — I am guessing not military, hiding around and getting closer and closer to this Zombie AKA some disoriented and confused looking person, and shoots him in the head.
Probably some staged type of video. Why three million views? What exactly is a zombie?
You don't have to apologize for not being here for three months or even twelve months. This is covid America now. Take three months off from now and see what kind of crazy compiled stuff is on the internet.
Like Jimmy Church said (before he got mysteriously fired from Coast to Coast) watch your six. I like your avatar. And I have a give and take with your thoughts and opinions. We can agree sometimes and disagree sometimes. I will give you this, that this is a hefty topic, the Post 9/11 thing. But maybe you disagree. That is fine. People who come on here and say that they hate zombies or the zombie topic or zombie movies, like eww "it's not for them" are probably behind these drone videos of regular human beings being called zombies being shot to death, executioner on American soil. So yeah, like Jason Whitlock host of Fearless on Tucker Carlson on 11-19-2021 said, the Bigger the lie they tell the more we believe.
Yeah it plays into the idea of Peter Popoff doomsday preppers. My landlord where I live is one of them! Cloud 9 let me tell ya.

The Rip Van Winkle has been done at least twice, and should probably stop. The Walking Dead and 28 Days Later both have us awake in a hospital and not know what is really going on. This is convenient, because we may just

rather than spend the first act slowly unveiling a zombie apocalypse. We can be put further downstream from the event, but as the hero is the audience surrogate, he can take things a little bit slower in helping the audience get caught up in media res. The hospital bed gimmick both advances the action, but also retards the hero enough that we can catch up with him as he pieces things together.

It's clever, but it's been done twice now, so no more, thx plz.

Well Corax. We are on the heated topic of Gimmicks. How about Mr. Gimmick? Or Freedom fighters. Cyber Monday.

Corax — the things that they tell us in the Post 9/11 surge, you know, Quetzalcoatlus.Perniciousness, says Jim Cramer. Yeah so Hollywood had Billowing angst.
Imagine the people addicted to texting, and they won't be allowed to do that anymore. Rodent why put peo-ple in an oven, when you can just pay them, a hundred million dollars, and tell them to keep their mouth shut. World War Z.
2014, surge of no zombie movies.
Baffling. Iraquois dropped out. And so did Gmail! So now it is Corax and the Rodent. And Quetzalcoatlus. Tell me Proton Mail works! Ok, so zombies. What Do I have to say about them. Dead Snow? Playing Banjo Kazooie on Richard Sherman quote "He's just a face" mode. Deadman Lives By Neil Adams, I have a comic called Jemm Son of Saturn, I swear it is about BLM movement. "Of course Mr. President. As you know, JEMM was recently kidnapped by our enemies, the White Skins."
Is Dead Man Lives any good? Maybe I'll skip zombie movies all together and go to the comics. Guy Fieri, "I like Crunchy Veggies." No cool hand Luke zombies. Put your smile and but your eyes shall see like teacher. I think zombies are all part of the Non sequitur aspect of life. People who want to bump themselves up in a thread or a forum. I really recommend, Pride Prejudice and zombies, says Dave Shrader.
Cillian Murphy — yeah he does the whole Rip Van Winkle routine. But are you hating on Washington Ir-ving? Like my Navy recruiter once told me, keep it short and sweet. Cillian Murphy goes crazy buck rogers like an NHL agitator (Oh no, I shouldn't have done that!

Well Corax. We are on the heated topic of Gimmicks. How about Mr. Gimmick? Or Freedom fighters. Cyber Monday.

Corax — the things that they tell us in the Post 9/11 surge, you know, Quetzalcoatlus.Perniciousness, says Jim Cramer. Yeah so Hollywood had Billowing angst.
Imagine the people addicted to texting, and they won't be allowed to do that anymore. Rodent why put peo-ple in an oven, when you can just pay them, a hundred million dollars, and tell them to keep their mouth shut. World War Z.
2014, surge of no zombie movies.
Baffling. Iraquois dropped out. And so did Gmail! So now it is Corax and the Rodent. And Quetzalcoatlus. Tell me Proton Mail works! Ok, so zombies. What Do I have to say about them. Dead Snow? Playing Banjo Kazooie on Richard Sherman quote "He's just a face" mode. Deadman Lives By Neil Adams, I have a comic called Jemm Son of Saturn, I swear it is about BLM movement. "Of course Mr. President. As you know, JEMM was recently kidnapped by our enemies, the White Skins."
Is Dead Man Lives any good? Maybe I'll skip zombie movies all together and go to the comics. Guy Fieri, "I like Crunchy Veggies." No cool hand Luke zombies. Put your smile and but your eyes shall see like teacher. I think zombies are all part of the Non sequitur aspect of life. People who want to bump themselves up in a thread or a forum. I really recommend, Pride Prejudice and zombies, says Dave Shrader.
Cillian Murphy — yeah he does the whole Rip Van Winkle routine. But are you hating on Washington Ir-ving? Like my Navy recruiter once told me, keep it short and sweet. Cillian Murphy goes crazy buck rogers like an NHL agitator (Oh no, I shouldn't have done that!

Zombie movies have been dead in more ways than one for a while, only to get an occasional resurrection. There is somewhat of a distinction between old ones that had the old swamp-gumbo-voodoo thing and later uses of the term. If you were dumb enough or slow enough to get choked by one of them, you're definitely falling off the food chain.

It all changed when Romero did his infamous Night of the Living Dead. All of a sudden we had faster zombies and a lot of them. The threat level had gone from 1.5 to 9.5. Since then zombies (actually an incorrect term) have all been cut from the cloth of faster, more numerous and obviously decaying. I liked The Walking Dead for a while, but that got bogged down in survivor politics and repetitive zombie encounters. Either you get eaten or you smash their little half empty brain cavities. Meanwhile the mortals are nearly as awful as the zombies and far less forgivable. Zombies can't help being zombies, but humans don't have to be evil. But they are.

I can't help but think that the whole zombie horror genre needs a rest. There just isn't much there and it's all been done way too many times. It might be minimally interesting to resurrect the old voodoo zombie thing for one movie, but unfortunately Tor Johnson has been gone for a while, so we won't have his blank-eyed hulk staggering around a movie set. With his 440 pound heft and legendary ability to absorb vast quantities of alcohol, he was a bit more interesting.

Zombie movies have been dead in more ways than one for a while, only to get an occasional resurrection. There is somewhat of a distinction between old ones that had the old swamp-gumbo-voodoo thing and later uses of the term. If you were dumb enough or slow enough to get choked by one of them, you're definitely falling off the food chain.

It all changed when Romero did his infamous Night of the Living Dead. All of a sudden we had faster zombies and a lot of them. The threat level had gone from 1.5 to 9.5. Since then zombies (actually an incorrect term) have all been cut from the cloth of faster, more numerous and obviously decaying. I liked The Walking Dead for a while, but that got bogged down in survivor politics and repetitive zombie encounters. Either you get eaten or you smash their little half empty brain cavities. Meanwhile the mortals are nearly as awful as the zombies and far less forgivable.

I can't help but think that the whole zombie horror genre needs a rest. There just isn't much there and it's all been done way too many times. It might be minimally interesting to resurrect the old voodoo zombie thing for one movie, but unfortunately Tor Johnson has been gone for a while, so we won't have his blank-eyed hulk staggering around a movie set. With his 440 pound heft and legendary ability to absorb vast quantities of alcohol, he was a bit more interesting.

I think it can still be done effective as quasi-zombie/zombies-by-proxy. The idea of the dead simply getting up and eating people is a little silly and "scientific" zombie movies don't make them any less silly.

Suppose Musk gets Neurolink up and running and half the human population has their brain directly connected to the internet (see Upgrade). That could make for an interesting premise. Or suppose we found that kids used a Chinese state-controlled social media platform and started getting weirder and weirder.

I think it can still be done effective as quasi-zombie/zombies-by-proxy. The idea of the dead simply getting up and eating people is a little silly and "scientific" zombie movies don't make them any less silly.

Suppose Musk gets Neurolink up and running and half the human population has their brain directly connected to the internet (see Upgrade). That could make for an interesting premise. Or suppose we found that kids used a Chinese state-controlled social media platform and started getting weirder and weirder.
I'm thinking that we just need a new genre. Remote control humans are not zombies since that whole zombie thing just implies brainless, purposeless hulks eating and choking clueless humans.

I'm thinking that we just need a new genre. Remote control humans are not zombies since that whole zombie thing just implies brainless, purposeless hulks eating and choking clueless humans.

You're probably right. We've beaten the living dead to death.

It all changed when Romero did his infamous Night of the Living Dead. All of a sudden we had faster zombies and a lot of them. The threat level had gone from 1.5 to 9.5. Since then zombies (actually an incorrect term) have all been cut from the cloth of faster, more numerous and obviously decaying. I liked The Walking Dead for a while, but that got bogged down in survivor politics and repetitive zombie encounters. Either you get eaten or you smash their little half empty brain cavities. Meanwhile the mortals are nearly as awful as the zombies and far less forgivable. Zombies can't help being zombies, but humans don't have to be evil. But they are.

Sounds like Dr. Alan Kaplin on Cheddar news on 3/23/2022 is talking about zombie apocalypse.
Dean Hamer is looking for the gay gene. We might as well call this the modern hygiene apocalypse. Every-one knows what is going on out here. Video game designers are running out of bad guys you have to fight. We are not intended by evolution to live this long, says Dr. Alan Kaplin. But you know like Superman (Man of Steele) whatever said, nothing is more Orwellian than this Rapture cult. I don't think there is a fancy word for this. Symmachus was murdered, because apparently he wasn't Christian enough. Or Pagan enough. His-tory gets hazy on this stuff (pretty much like a zombie film, kudos to Romero) Just slap a beard on a person, and we assume he is some old guy and he had it coming.

I'm a history buff. I like to merge that with my love for zombies. I would be that guy in the walking dead. The Symmachus expert. By expert, in the credentials of a zombie movie, just know how to say the guys name, without spitting out your bottle of Jim Beam.
Nonsense knows no bounds. The Walking Dead is milking off of it. And I envy them. But not that much. I don't want to be paranoid, anything that can control the world from a single source, says Michael Brown, author of the Final Hour and the Trumpet of Gabriel.

I think we are kind of paranoid. We think everything is Knights Templar this and that. I am seeing Yoda stooge dolls so much on people's cars and trucks and T-shirts that I am associating that with the paranoia, Templars. Could be. I mean whatever happened to Napster? On the topic of the post 9/11 Zombie surge. Sean Parker was OG. Now..People against zombie movies say that Nightmare on Elm Street Movies are Ok? Like an extreme lackey-ism mainly against zombie films. Could even be that Hollywood is driving that as well. I question why they would choose to film Mulan next to Chinese concentration camps. And then brag about that in the end credits. I mean there is punishing free speech, and then there is, hey lets film a movie next to a internment camp. Dead Snow is good. I don't think the state of the Union can do it, without the lipsuction lips, right Needull? The feel good stories disappear in a zombie movie, and that passes the pledge for me. When zombies eat the liver they must know that it is high in Iron content. Perhaps.
World War Z needs to be recalled. That and Cell. Birds. "They are like a flock of birds." Ok, I get it, it's about 5G and all of that, but man. I don't think those are Rip Van Winkle, as much as they are the sleeping on the Paper towels era of zombie movies. Auditory system got flocked, eh Corax?

The Mindsucker deal in National Geographic talks about the drone thing. But that is not a real zombie. I haven't seen iZombie yet. It does not look like an overachiever. Drones like to mingle. Think of them as like the ultimate Andrew Cuomo groper. I have actually only been groped, so I don't pass the true zombie test. Infected prions in cattle might be the precursor to full scale everyone turning. I don't miss the old days. We can still say Brains.

We've definitely gotten past the feud of the week. If you can punch someone and not go to jail. If you want to call that zombies. And a horse walks into a what? A what (Well actually it was kind of funny, says Ted Danson.) Well actually Ted Danson didn't say it was funny, but I had to interpret just what the heck he was talking about with the horse and barn joke on the Drew Barrymore show. If you want to call that zombies. Reptile cell lines are easier to eat than a bad joke. But it is not worth punching someone. Humorless. Here are three possible theories. 1. Zombies. 2. Zombies. 3. We are tired of hearing what Christ is or isn't compatible with, so we become a zombie. Aka small gameboy screen playing Final Fantasy Legend III, Lilia Luciano standing in front of the Troubadour, talking about opiates and antidepressants.
Ok I am done with zombies. Someone tell me when Art Bell is going to come back from the dead (Walking dead version of Art Bell doesn't matter, I'll take him over Taylor Hawkins) and he is going to tell us about the next UFO landing that will happen in Reno Nevada. Or the White House. Or Aspen Colorado.
Some people are so paranoid that they believe if they are in the same time zone as Joe Biden and Kamala Harris that they will become zombies too. That is why America is America, says Greg Gutfeld. Geez I believe that I heard Guy Benson say Haters on 3/23/2022. The transmission was scratchy. Dallas Pridgen jewelry. A rabbit necklace.
I should buy mom that!