Napolean Dynamite

→ in
Tools    

film making extraordinaire
I am so confused on why so many people liked this movie. For a week I heard from all females "Oh my god! Did you see napolean dynamite?". My response: "What the hell is napolean dynamite?". So I paid my lost 6 dollars and saw the movie. For a comedy its a shame that a man rarely cracks a smile. My standards are set high of course, but honestly, does anyone else know that this movie even exists, and if so, enjoyed it?

I was really hoping for an in-depth review I have had several friends tell me to go see it- friends who's opinions I greatly respect. I did know that it existed however and am looking forward to seeing it sometime in the near future with a few friends. What exactly was it that you didn't enjoy about it?
Infinitely suffering thing.
T.S Eliot, "Preludes"

You want an in depth review, hard to do with a movie that has so little depth. Ha, it wasn't that bad really. If someone wants to ellaborate, be my guest.

I don't think there was a scene in this movie that I didn't laugh at. Some of the shots of those mountain ranges were incredibly well photographed. One of my favorite movies so far this year.

oops, sorry jrs, didnt realized you posted one. Everyone go to jrs' review, looks better, always does.

im sorry guys but i thought the movie was awful maybe it just wasnt my type of humour but i can honestly say i laughed in that movie no more than three times

Originally Posted by casa
im sorry guys but i thought the movie was awful maybe it just wasnt my type of humour but i can honestly say i laughed in that movie no more than three times
Napoleon Dynamite was really funny, i enjoyed it.

ive yet to see it but i really want to

A novel adaptation.
Napoleon Dynamite was a wholly soulless film, it had the emotional resonance of a wacky television commercial.
One of the worst films in recent memory.

Animal _Mother I have some advice for you...try not to tell people how their taste of movies SHOULD BE. Sure you and I loved Napolean Dynamte but forcing others to (lower their intellect so it sounds) seems a little out of bounds don't you agree?

To each his own Animal Mother, to each his own.

A novel adaptation.
Originally Posted by Animal_Mother
I have some advice for you... When you decide to go to a comedy.. LOWER your standards....
So the burden is on me, the viewer, to make a film good.

I don't have to lower my standards for good comedies, ones with depth, so why should I do so for this one?

the anger...

Yeah, I find it helps a lot when you, the viewer, does all the leg work when it comes to making a movie good. I mean, what the hell are directors and producers for anyways?

The Satchel Snatcher's on the loose
Originally Posted by Animal_Mother
I have some advice for you... When you decide to go to a comedy.. LOWER your standards....
I agree with you in a way, some of my favorite comedies are the most rediculous stories, such as any Farrelly Bro's movie, or Tom Green.

As a movie snob myself, lowering your standards just means not looking down your nose a movie, such as you normally would. Swallowing your pride to laugh alittle.

The Satchel Snatcher's on the loose
Originally Posted by MysticalMoose
I am so confused on why so many people liked this movie.
I thought it was hilarious. The new fad, with entertainment, in my opinion is the lame-ness of a character. For example, look at how popular Adult-Swim has become. Three out of four of those cartoons (Aqua Teen, Sea-Lab, Home Movies) are all centered around characters with lame characteristics. I think this concept is hilarious, its been a long time since we've seen anything so refreshing in entertainment.

Fortune befriends the bold.
Hey, this is Tomcattwist. I have yet to see this film but feel like I have to. I live in Boise Idaho and was born in a place called Downey Idaho about 10 minutes away from Preston Idaho where this film was shot. I have been making short films for like 3 years now and this guy made this film for $400,000 and it has already grossed $39,000,000. This would have to develope some serious clout for this guy even if the film sucks swamp water I have to admire the effort. I am guessing that it has "Teeny Bop," humor with catch phrases that get into their heads. A lovable loser or losers, who even the snobbish people can get behind pretending that they would never be mean and nasty to a kid like Napolean. I think this movie has mined for and found a gold mine of a niche. I read the idea came from a short film he made and someone saw it and helped finance the feature. Pretty cool coming out of Idaho, I am proud of him no matter what I think of the film when I see it.