Movie You're Watching Tonight

Tools    

I should revisit this.

I just finished Dirty Money (1972). Well, it's official: I'm not into Melville. God, the devil, the pantheon and even my own deity characters in my novel all know I've tried, but there's a very special slowness I can appreciate, and that usually stems in the form of Bela Tarr. And Melville might not be slow cinema, but his movies are focusing too much on the cool mood and not always enough on the characters and plot detailing. Dirty Money is a less interesting knockoff of Le Cercle Rouge that still gets the Melville vibe down, but it doesn't draw the rest of the movie for me. Le Cercle Rouge is much better even at an extra half-hour. 5/10. Here's REALLY hoping Second Breath and Doulos live up to the legend. Until then, I'm gonna watch Last Tango in Paris. I wanna get a 1972 list out of the way while working on my noir ballot, and unfortunately there isn't a lot of classic noir from 1972.

Right. Trying this again. Need to get it over with before Dune 2 on Friday.
There’s something so irritating to me about Chalamet.

There’s something so irritating to me about Chalamet.
Never used to mind him, but while watching Wonka, I ended up very much sharing that sentiment. I do really enjoy the Dune universe Villeneuve has built (so far, that is), so I am still excited for that, but Wonka has certainly dampened my enthusiasm for Chalamet. The singing?! No. Just no.

Never used to mind him, but while watching Wonka, I ended up very much sharing that sentiment. I do really enjoy the Dune universe Villeneuve has built (so far, that is), so I am still excited for that, but Wonka has certainly dampened my enthusiasm for Chalamet. The singing?! No. Just no.
I hated Dune. Wonka won’t be in my watchlist.

I hated Dune. Wonka won’t be in my watchlist.
I ended up largely hating Wonka (though the miniature Hugh Grant as a leprechaun or whatever he is was worth staying for ). His interview where he fumed how much he hated being in it and only did it because he has kids and needs the money was hilarious.

Dune is not for everyone. I like it though it’s not on my list of favourites or anything. I read an article about how it’s the rare sci-fi to deal with natural resources/commodities in detail, and having worked with commodities clients over the years, that added another dimension to it.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...d-movie-review

I ended up largely hating Wonka (though the miniature Hugh Grant as a leprechaun or whatever he is was worth staying for ). His interview where he fumed how much he hated being in it and only did it because he has kids and needs the money was hilarious.

Dune is not for everyone. I like it though it’s not on my list of favourites or anything. I read an article about how it’s the rare sci-fi to deal with natural resources/commodities in detail, and having worked with commodities clients over the years, that added another dimension to it.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...d-movie-review
Will look for Grant interview.