Johnny Depp or Brad Pitt?

Tools    

Put me in your pocket...
Originally Posted by 7thson
Have they both been in the same movie before? What a wonderful Idea....I will wait..........(Jepordy Music)
Sounds like a great idea! I'd love to see them together in a movie. They would probably compliment each other very well. The dark sexy brooding, mysterious one who can also be quirkly and playful when he wants to be...and the blond, sexy athletic type who also seems like the all-around nice/open guy who can also play brooding or playful when he wants.

Hmmm....I'll wait with you 7thson.

Are we talking about hotness-wise? Because if we are, neither. One looks like a girl and the other looks like a....girl....wait I'm confusing myself....

I wipe my ass with your feelings
Depp > Pitt, by a long shot.

Go take any Depp movie and shove it into the DVD player and play it. Watch it, take it out, and shove in another. Continue this cycle for awhile and you'll notice he is never the same person in his movies. He doesn't look the same, he doesn't even give off the same resembelance. Hell, his voice isn't even the same in every movie.

So you might say "well that's what actings all about, acting like someone." It's great you've come to that conclusion, but you also need to come to the conclusion that Depp potrays every character like he's lived that life since his first breath. As for Pitt, he can adapt but he'll always still carry the same attitude in most of his movies, such as Fight Club towards Oceans 11 towards Snatch and so forth.

Honestly I can't even recognize Depp usually for the first 15 minutes of the movie. He has more talent then any actor I've ever come across, and that's a lot. He's a very profound person, and that, I accept, as a fact.

Acting ability: Johnny Depp wins ...

Don't get me wrong... I enjoyed Brad Pitt in movies like Troy...Seven Years in Tibet...Interview With A Vampire...etc... I feel that Johnny gets more into his characters. He's not just trying to look good in front of the cameras.

I love both actors but I have to say...Johnny wins...

Wanna Date? Got Any Money?
For me i'll "pitt" one of my favorite movies containing each Brad Pitt and Johnny Depp

Brad Pitt - Fight Club. It's funny, action packed and at the end it's some what of a mindfvck.

Johnny Depp - Edward Scissor Hands. It's well scripted, well acted and it certainly has it's funny moments. But the deeper side to the story had me mesmerized..

In short..

Johnny Depp wins by far.

ok depp is awesome,pirates,neverland,once upon a time in mexico,gilbert grape,brasco

but come on brads got,snatch,fight club,se7en,true romance under his belt

i think its pretty hard to decide

i got to say overall i enjoyed brads movies more, especially those i mentioned above

Originally Posted by Piddzilla
I am not talking about Pitt as a person but about him as an actor. Or really about Pitt as a moviestar. Fight Club is just another example of Pitt being Pitt, imo. Your comment about image I don't quite get. If Depp acts in good movies and does it well, isn't that making him a good or interesting actor rather than just being something that improves his image in some people's eyes? I don't think Pitt has the depth as an actor to do roles like Edward Scissorhands, Ed Wood or Raoul Duke. Or maybe he (or his agent) sees projects as that as being too risky for his career, something that may harm his image as a sex symbol. I just think that Brad Pitt is more interested in being Brad Pitt than reaching his full potential as an actor. Not saying that he's bad though...
I agree. Except that I DO think that Pitt's bad. A brilliant smile and good looks don't necessarily make a good actor.

history *is* moralizing
Originally Posted by Electric Wizard
Brad Pitt - Fight Club. It's funny, action packed and at the end it's some what of a mindfvck.
Johnny Depp - Edward Scissor Hands. It's well scripted, well acted and it certainly has it's (sic! "its") funny moments. But the deeper side to the story had me mesmerized..
In short..
Johnny Depp wins by far.
okay, tis yr opinion, but you didn't really make a point as far as the comparison between those 2 movies is concerned.
i'd apply just as well "well scripted", "well acted" (i'd put "wonderfully") and especially "deeper side of the story (...) mesmerized" to Fight Club. that movie is about today's society and its main problems, concerning each one of us in the industrialized, modern, media-obsessed countries, and it offers hours, days and months of reflection alone or conversation among friends... without even getting finished with the unfathomable riches of it.
so, if Depp wins, it won't be cuz Edward is better than Fight Club, since it is not. (i usually wouldn't compare these 2 movies, like, don't ask me if i prefer pizza to coffee, Bergman to Altman, or Batman to Lucifer)

history *is* moralizing
Originally Posted by Cheetara The Thundercat
I enjoyed Brad Pitt in movies like Troy...Seven Years in Tibet...Interview With A Vampire...
you don't mention any of the best movies he's been in...
(see Moviedvdfreak's post below yrs for a good listing of 'em)

Johnny Depp ****s on Brad Pitt as an actor.

And that's not saying Pitt is a poor actor.

Do I have to choose between Johnny and Brad??

Johnny-in Pirates, in mexico.......or Brad-in Troy, in Ocean's????

I will choose.......BOTH!! Both of these men with me to dinner,
movie, and under the sheets!! Sexy Men!

love both but i would have to go with Johnny

Pirates of the Caribbean
Once Upon a Time in Mexico
The Astronaut's Wife
What's Eating Gilbert Grape
Sleepy Hollow
Edward Scissorhands
Blow
etc.....etc.....etc

smh yes yes yes JOHNNY DEPP

Now why wouldn't you want Brad as well??

They should just fight....winner will be declared the all time best actor!!! Now you may think Brad has the upper hand from his role in "Fight Club" but you may be surprised at how much damage a man with scissorhands can accumulate.

Depp
In "Dead Man" he acts much much better than Pitt in every role of him (yet I like Pitt as well)
And he'd never make such a mistake as participating in "Meet Joe Black"

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
Originally Posted by Piddzilla
Johnny Depp is an actor that seeks new challenges and interesting projects and who is trying to reinvent himself all the time. Pitt wants to be cool. And he is a lot of times, but he is way too limited and shallow as an actor to play in Depp's league. Depp has weaknesses too, but I think he is the more interesting actor out of the two.
yeah, dep seeks new challenges by starring in every other Tim Burton film. because, you know, Burtons movies are all soooo different.

just because you can play a "quirky" character doesn't mean you're overly talented.

and plus, im really getting sick and tired of people thinking that actors that star in artsy fartsy "meaningful" films are automatically the superior. i like a lot of movies such as that (edward scissorhands, eternal sunshine of the spotless mind, etc) but i don't find them, the directors, the actors, or the writer who thought it up, any more superior. Fight Club, for example, you may think Pitt was "just trying to be cool" but this was a movie that made some really good points. and Snatch, Oceans Eleven, Seven Years in Tibet, are also great examples of Pitt's awesomeness.

Skiny White Film Fan
Pitt man especially when David Fincher is directing. Fight Club and Seven are awesome.

I believe these two guys are worlds apart when it comes to pure skill with their craft, but they are both very gifted, charismatic, and immensely likeable.

Johnny Depp...he's too cool for school!
Johnny Depp and Tim Burton have collaborated for five films (Sleepy Hollow, Edward Scissorhands, Ed Wood, Corpse Bride, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory), two of which none of us has had any chance to see yet. Not all of them have been all that great, so I don’t base my judgment because of their work together. Still…my favorite performance by Depp was in Ed Wood.

Piddy is right: Depp has continuously shown a deep desire to constantly challenge himself by taking roles that are completely different from any other role he’s done previously, and he’s done them well. Very well.

Cry-Baby, Edward Scissorhands, Benny & Joon, Ed Wood, Dead Man, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, Sleepy Hollow, From Hell, Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl, Once Upon a Time in Mexico, Finding Neverland, and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory: No other roles like those in his repertoire. Yeah, he’s made some stinkers, not too many who do this job haven’t, but he constantly finds new ways to reinvent how we perceive him. He’s not afraid to try new things, no matter how difficult they are.

Brad Pitt...what a dream!
Brad Pitt has done that to some extent, but not as much that I can see.

Kalifornia, Twelve Monkeys, Fight Club, and Snatch are the only real departures from his regular romantic/tough guy roles…and all these roles have one thing in common: They’re all really the same guy. They’re all emotionally unstable, hair trigger, and dangerous men.

So, if I had to choose which one of these two guys have shown their true depth, I’d choose Depp. If I had to choose which one I actually like more; I couldn’t. I like them both a LOT! They are both cool as hell. If I had to choose, based on their individual bodies of work, which was the more competent actor, it would be Johnny…hands down.

Anyway…they BOTH rock!
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
I believe these two guys are worlds apart when it comes to pure skill with their craft, but they are both very gifted, charismatic, and immensely likeable.

Johnny Depp...he's too cool for school!
Johnny Depp and Tim Burton have collaborated for five films (Sleepy Hollow, Edward Scissorhands, Ed Wood, Corpse Bride, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory), two of which none of us has had any chance to see yet. Not all of them have been all that great, so I don’t base my judgment because of their work together. Still…my favorite performance by Depp was in Ed Wood.

Piddy is right: Depp has continuously shown a deep desire to constantly challenge himself by taking roles that are completely different from any other role he’s done previously, and he’s done them well. Very well.

Cry-Baby, Edward Scissorhands, Benny & Joon, Ed Wood, Dead Man, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, Sleepy Hollow, From Hell, Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl, Once Upon a Time in Mexico, Finding Neverland, and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory: No other roles like those in his repertoire. Yeah, he’s made some stinkers, not too many who do this job haven’t, but he constantly finds new ways to reinvent how we perceive him. He’s not afraid to try new things, no matter how difficult they are.

Brad Pitt...what a dream!
Brad Pitt has done that to some extent, but not as much that I can see.

Kalifornia, Twelve Monkeys, Fight Club, and Snatch are the only real departures from his regular romantic/tough guy roles…and all these roles have one thing in common: They’re all really the same guy. They’re all emotionally unstable, hair trigger, and dangerous men.

So, if I had to choose which one of these two guys have shown their true depth, I’d choose Depp. If I had to choose which one I actually like more; I couldn’t. I like them both a LOT! They are both cool as hell. If I had to choose, based on their individual bodies of work, which was the more competent actor, it would be Johnny…hands down.

Anyway…they BOTH rock!

i suppose, dear, you made some good points, but im still saying Pitt

Viddy well little brother
ld go with Brad Pitt just because of his role in Snatch. He nailed it down to the ground. Believe me, I've met enough shams(or pikey's as they were referred to) to know how well he got it.