Skepsis' Short Films Tournament

Tools    

I can't find Charlotte et son Jules ...
Seems it's pretty darn hard to find, unfortunately. HF doesn't know of anywhere widely available so he's nominated Pixar's Day & Night to take its place. I'll amend the brackets accordingly.

I HAVE FOUND A COPY OF CHARLOTTE ET SON JULES - Don't ask how, involved a lot of searching, some strange French sites etc. etc. it's a 80mb AVI file, not sure about how 'legal' this is but what do you recommend I do guys? Do you want a PM of it or something, should I upload it?

Edit: Will anyone object to me sending you the download link (where I found it) via PM? it is a rar file (you can download WinRar for free to extract it, then it's a singular AVI file) but my virus scanner said it was completely fine, and the video works fine.

I will link it in here if you want, it's on the legal file sharing site: http://depositfiles.com not a specifically made illegal film site, what you guys reckon?

If you guys are having too much trouble with Charlotte et son Jules, it's totally ok. I feel bad that I didn't check for its availability first, tbh I was trying to think of another nomination after Meshes of the Afternoon and it was the first one that came to mind. Pixar's Day & Night is fine too, unless you guys want to use Daniel's link.

Skepsis93
jiraffejustin
donniedarko
mark f
Tyler1
Godoggo
Mr. Minio

Those are who've voted and are active so far past nominations, I'll send you all a PM of a link to Charlotte et son Jules, if you don't want to download/watch it I don't mind, anyone else wants just ask I think I have seen the Disney one too, but some JLG makes this more interesting I reckon

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Just watched Charlotte et son Jules. It's about a man talking for 10 minutes and a woman not giving a flying damn. The ending is made me bump my rating to
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Just watched Charlotte et son Jules. It's about a man talking for 10 minutes and a woman not giving a flying damn. The ending is made me bump my rating to
I agree with everything you've said here, poor guy got massively trolled at the end

And I like your description of Duck Amuck, the trolling animator

I've only got a few more shorts to get through now Entre'acte, The Music Box and The Red Balloon, so I will probably post my choices tonight, this has been good fun, good idea to start a tournament where we can easily and relatively quickly watch what we've got to vote for

That's some damn fine detective work there, Daniel. We'll go with Godard's film then, as originally planned. Happy voting!
Don't know how I managed to find it in the end, pages of google brought me to some French site which led me to another, and another, and then finally a link I think

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
2. Charlotte et son Jules vs. Memento mori

The latter seemed like a cross between the acid trip in Easy Rider and "Revolution 9" by the Beatles. Not as good though.

Charlotte, as some have mentioned relies heavily on its ending, but I think it's fun enough to make it a
film. I'd give Memento Mori the same rating because it looks cool.

7. Duck Amuck vs. The Dream of a Ridiculous Man
Hard decision since they're both great films but the latter of the two was nothing short of magical. Great nomination, Minio.

1. Night and Fog vs. The Critic
Since The Critic could make me laugh, immediately after I watched Night and Fog, it wins for me. Mel Brooks never lets me down. Atleast Will had a good nomination after Bambi Meets Godzilla

3. Harvie Krumpet vs. Presto

4. Entre'acte vs. Franz Kafka's It's a Wonderful Life

5. A Trip to the Moon vs. Paperman

6. The Music Box vs. Tale of Tales

8. The House is Black vs. The Heart of the World

9. Bambi Meets Godzilla vs. Envelope

10. Wallace & Gromit in The Wrong Trousers vs. 10/65: Selbstverstümmelung

11. Everything Will Be Ok vs. Meshes of the Afternoon

12. Un Chien Andalou vs. Dimensions of Dialogue

13. La Jetee vs. King-Size Canary

14. Frankenweenie vs. The Terrys

15. The Red Balloon vs. Wallace & Gromit in A Close Shave

16. Outer Space vs. Geri's Game

Sorry I'm a little late. Here's my votes, then I'll put the round 2 brackets up.

3. Harvie Krumpet vs. Presto

4. Entre'acte vs. Franz Kafka's It's a Wonderful Life

5. A Trip to the Moon vs. Paperman

8. The House is Black vs. The Heart of the World

9. Bambi Meets Godzilla vs. Envelope

10. Wallace & Gromit in The Wrong Trousers vs. 10/65: Selbstverstümmelung

11. Everything Will Be Ok vs. Meshes of the Afternoon

12. Un Chien Andalou vs. Dimensions of Dialogue

13. La Jetee vs. King-Size Canary

14. Frankenweenie vs. The Terrys

15. The Red Balloon vs. Wallace & Gromit in A Close Shave

Round 1 voting closed!

There's a few surprises, including one landslide involving a classic.

We do need a few tiebreakers though, so if one or several of you that haven't voted on these yet could, it would be a great help. They're not long. Just need one vote on each, so get in fast.

4. Entr'acte vs. Franz Kafka's It's a Wonderful Life

4. Entr'acte vs. Franz Kafka's It's a Wonderful Life

Ok those are the 3 I didn't vote on. The fate of the other two lies in someone else's hands.