Life of Pi

Tools    

What do you guys think about this book? What are your reviews and thoughts? I just finished reading it and would like to discuss

I started it ages ago and got distracted, never finishing it. I probably shouldn't be replying at all, then, since I didn't have a chance to form an opinion of it, but I felt compelled to mention that for some reason.

Lost in never never land
I read it a little over a year ago and I liked it greatly. It is a very interesting story that you don't really know how it works together completely with a very interesting ending to it. It was also written interestingly, for what the story could have ended up being with a very limited character set (one) throughout most of the book, it ended up working out extremely well on the written page.
I wish, I wish he'd go away."
-From Identity

I read it a little over a year ago and I liked it greatly. It is a very interesting story that you don't really know how it works together completely with a very interesting ending to it. It was also written interestingly, for what the story could have ended up being with a very limited character set (one) throughout most of the book, it ended up working out extremely well on the written page.
I agree with this assessment. It is a very well written book and half the pleasure of reading this book lies in its use and manipulation of language as opposed to being simply a good story. I think the ending is exactly what makes this book. I would even argue that to read 90% of the book page wise but not to finish the last 10% is actually like only reading 50% of most other books. you really must finish this one to get it.

What about themes or little embedded treats? (I'm a big fan of locating color recurrences and what they might mean)

I started it ages ago and got distracted, never finishing it. I probably shouldn't be replying at all, then, since I didn't have a chance to form an opinion of it, but I felt compelled to mention that for some reason.

Nice status Chris