Good books?

Tools    

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
At the moment im reading "Going Postal" from the discworld novels. These books are classic, I think "Moist" is one of my favorite charectors in them so far.

Do I look crazy????
"The House of Leaves" by Mark Danielewski is one of the strangest books I've read, an intriguing page turner, and scary...perfect. I would highly recommend this one, and I would recommend buying it to share with others.

Also, "The Quantity Theory of Insanity" by Will Self. I liked the title and it sounded interesting so I bought it. A short read, but worth it, and it was interesting enough that I read it in one sitting, and then re read it later.

Who watches the Watchbear?
I never hesitate to recommend Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card as well as the entire lot of sequels - particularly Ender's Shadow, as everything after that sort of goes in a different direction.

For fans of historical fiction, I recommend anything by Steven Pressfield - Gates of Fire, about the battle at Thermopylae (think 300!), Virtues of War, about Alexander the Great... he has a few others about similar things, all written in first-person and very entertaining.

Today i saw lord of the rings on my shelf and realized i havent leisurely read any books in over a year. Can someone please for the love of god recommend for me a book that inspires the same kinds of feelings that LOTR does? I usually enjoy deep fantasies like that (please, dont quote this line out of context).

I need something very well written and also with a fantastic original story, preferably something as close to the greatness of lotr as possible.

Thanks a million.
If yo like fantasy yo have to read The Stone and the Flute by Hans Bemmann. It's a classic epic. One of the best of the genres. It's long bt worth every page.