What is in your Frigidaire?

Tools    

Ok, me first. Ill do it while Pigsnies not here becuz he gets mad when I leave the fridge door open.

First, the Freezer.
Half gallon of strewberry icecream, orange popsicles, frozen chinese sausage (WOW, these are really hard, they must be like 2 years old!), 3 chickens, 6 pork chops, some fish, looks like eel; hamburger, somethin huge wrapped in foil & tape, might be an ostrich! Frozen veggies, tupperware of somethin icky yellow, grated cassava, oooh, tub of frozen macaroni & cheese, MY LUNCH!!!

NEXT!
2 liters of Coke, Yebisu beer, loaf of bread, bottled water, flitch of bacon, 12 eggs, some kind of mouldy French cheese, orange juice, shrimp rolls (MORE LUNCH!), samozas, custard cake (Pigsnie made this, it is SO GOOD, I et half already), kidney pie leftover, yuck!, mayonaise, ketchup, XO oyster sauce, all kinds of bottled spicy things, slice of keeche, bowl o' rice, bangers, some milk, peanut butter, sandwich spread, cottage cheese, bits of onions & garlic in saucer, cold soup, tofu, salted shrimp paste, huge jar of kosher pickles, tub of mashed potatoes, yummmm. wheres the gravy? Oh and butter!!!

VEGGIES & FRUIT!
Tomatoos, lettuce, asparagus, watercress, cucumbers, carrots, cabbage, green onion, lemons, radish, persimons, bananas, apples.

Huummmmmm, I think I got it all.

I'll have take a survey and get back to you on this. There are things in your "frigidaire" that I am not familiar with... please elaborate:

1). "Flitch" of Bacon
2). Grated Cassava
3). Samozas
4). Bangers (shouldn't these be in the eroticle?)

I think bangers are eggs...those crazy Brits, bless their hearts. It's funny because they use different words than I do. Anyway, I don't really own a fridge -- I use the one my parents provide. At one house the thing is completely packed -- even though it's a huge fridge. We always have less room in the freezer than in the actual fridge, though. We've usually gots LOTS of frozen meats, and plenty of frozen pizza/pizza related by-products.

Oh, and I LOVE sugar-free popsicles. I once ate like 30 in half a day.

Haha, no, bangers are not erotical, they are brekfast sausage, very good. Samozas are these Indian pastrys with meat inside. 90 p each. grated cassava, Im not sure. Its this hard white grated something in a plastic bag & Pigsnie labeled it grated cassava. Hell probably use it in a cake, Pigsnie coulda been a chef, you know.

Flitch of bacon, hummm, well I guess the diffrence is that our bacon does not come in those fatty strips in supermarket. Pigsnie buys bacon from a butcher so it looks like a huge chunk of meat but its really smoked bacon. Pigsnie also buys his fish from fishmonger. Did you know I know how to clean fish? My mum taught me.

30 popsicles TWT? I get sick at 12, hahaha. Oh found some more stuff in the back. Horlicks Chocolate drink & barley water. and HEY, theres 4 little dead birds in here in a plastic bag. WIth Beaks! Wait, I ask Pigsnie.

Milk, apple juice, pitcher of purified water, quart of grape kool-aid, condiment packets. Mustard, ketchup, salsa, pickles, half a loaf of bread, eggs, butter, hunk of cheese,(white and yellow mixed in the same hunk), small container of corn, small tub of macaroni salad.

In the Freezer
Half a box of fish sticks, pineapple sherbert, gun, $20,000, three trays of ice cubes.

Ummm, so wheres your food sunfrog? heehee. I ask Pigsnie about the little birds. He said they are called ortolans & you eat them whole but you bite the heads off first. I dont think you eat the heads. their beady little eyes are open, eeeeek. I hope theyre not for dinner.

In my mini-fridge in my room, I've got 8 or so bottles of Nestea, a Diet Coke bottle ( ), 3 containers of Ramen Cup O' Noodles, all Shrimp flavor, and a half eaten Subway Club on Parmesan Oregano bread, with extra roast beef. Methinks a midnight snack is in order tonight, yum yum . In the fridge in the kitchen, theres lots of sandwich meats, milk, 3 liters of soda, orange juice, mayonaise, mustard, ketchup, 2 kinds of cheese, and strawberry jelly, among other things. All the fruit is in the bottom, we have apples and nectarines, and a couple of pears (my favorite).

Did you try the bird heads PLite?

Haha, no I havent eaten no birds heads,yuccck! I dont even know if Pigsnie will let me eat one, he says they are expensive & I have no palette. And Ill eat almost anythin, why just the other day, I had a spam sandwich, hahaha!

ps. are you suppose to put cup o noodles in the fridge? Isnt that like dried? and why do you americans only have condiments in your fridge? Sunfrog is the same, hardly any food! just a gun & some money,heheh.

Female assassin extraordinaire.
MINI FRIDGE IN LIVING ROOM:

a friend suggested this would be the beverage bar (beer, etc) but since i'm not much of an alcohol drinker, all there is Grape Juice and Old Frappucino.

KITCHEN FRIDGE:

ahh, freshly on my own I love that the fridge is mine and filled with my things, mwhaha.

strawberry jam
asian yogurt drink
asian sparkling green apple drink (2 bottles left)
2 cans Sarsi (se-asian rootbeer like drink)
grape juice
old frappucinos
7-up in the can (several)
3/4 full sparkling Welch's Pineapple drink (waste of $)
cocktail sauce/mustard/ketchup/relish/ranch dressing
cheese: asiago/laughing cow/aloutte/finlandia/american sandwich slices/velveeta
large italian sausages (better n' hot dogs)
sandwich meat
some premixed bottled grapefruit+vodka drinks
unopened bottle of champagne
a large unopened bottles of Martinelli's Sparkling Apple Cider
a few small unopened bottles of Martinelli's Sparkling Apple Cider
Arbor Mist Sangria Zinfandel (3/4 un finished)
one entirely unused box of eggs (several months old)
recently purchased gallon of milk
light sour cream
tub o' margarine
tub o' whipped Philly cream cheese
old lemons
cloves of garlic
Miracle Whip
whipped cream in the can
canned rambutan
filipino stuff in a jar to make a halo-halo
unused portion of pesto sauce in tupperware
fruit unlooked at or touched leftover from healthy dad's visit
spaghetti sauce in a saucepan (covered)
uneatened portion of chicken pasta alfredo in tupperware

FREEZER

Godiva ice cream (safeway had a sale!): white chocolate raspberry truffle and chocolate raspberry truffle
Haagen-Dazs raspberry gelato
chicken tenders
chicken/ground beef
long ago abandoned safeway homestyle toaster wafflettes
chicken & bean burritos
baby carrots
Bacardi fuzzy navel mix
fruit slices for smoothie making
two different bags of Hawaiian coffee beans
ground Kronung German coffee (veeery smooth)
variously filled boil to cook italian pastas (ravioli and tortellini) (safeway had another sale)
the infamous ice
a couple dead bodies
a few men's souls

woohoo!
and with that, i am going to go make me a halo-halo ...

Sarsi! I had that in the philippines! Is that like a Pepsi or a 7-up? I also had mirinda! You have a pretty huge fridge THmilin. and you drink too much! Is that stuff in the halo halo jar sago? You know, those little beads of whatnot you put in the bottom? Pigsnies made that a couple of times with coconut ice cream on top. Whats a Bacardi navel mix? Whats it got to do with your navel? Must you have a large one? Do you have balot but youre not telling? Heehee, I think that worse than ortolan.

Geezus, people, I only hope you are not what you eat - because then most of you would be overtly obese kegs of carbonated lard.

Here's for the items I have put it my fridge (which is actually an Amana):

vanilla soy milk,
wheat pita bread
2 tomatoes
12 carrot sticks, peeled by hand
swiss cheese slices,
provolone cheese slices
turkey deli meat
hummus
red grapes
Brita water
Lite Thousand Island dressing
2 heads Romaine lettuce
1 small block of Cracker Barrel cheddar
5 spring onions
Skippy peanut butter
wheat buttertop bread
1 mango
1/2 cantaloupe
3/4 honeydew melon
1 slice carrot bread

I think that's about all for what I put in there. My family's got lots of junk food and stuff in there, but I try not to eat it. It's really bad for you - that's how I look at it anyways. Eating is just a means to replenish your body and enhance its functioning.

Life's too short-- -- to be eating hummus (what is that??)

My Altar, My Fridge---

Freezer:
rump roast
2 turkey legs
24 ice cubes
pack of vanilla popsicles
frozen donuts
frozen dinner - fried chicken, gravy
frozen dinner - fish patties
frozen dinner - Salisbury steak & peas
Corn on the cob
haupia - coconut pudding (Cut in squares)
frozen spring rolls
poi (frozen mix)
pantyhose (my mom's--been in there 3 years--I'm sure she's forgotten about it but you never know how useful it could be in an emergency
Shrimp
Imitation lobster
Chicken feet

The Fridge
lomilomi aka salmon with tomoatoes & green onion (made by sister) -- my next dinner
dried Chinese plums
dehydrated mangoes
"kid soup" - a tea that any kid could make if they were alone in the house
yellow Japanese almond cookies
slab of coconut milk gelatinized with taro
bean curd
sweet black beans
bamboo shoots (panda food)
sliced lotus root
bowl of stewed carrots mixed with seaweed & radishes
panko: spice powder used to flavor batter for tempura
banana ketchup
6 pairs of chopsticks
Emergency $50 taped to underside of butter bin
6-pack of Coke, 1 bottle of Heineken
Wonder bread

Vegetable Bin:

local leaves (dont know what its called. Mother grows it)
eggplant
baby carrots
water chestnuts
jicama
Limes

Frozen donuts! You can't freeze donuts, that's just evil!

" Geezus, people, I only hope you are not what you eat - because then most of you would be overtly obese kegs of carbonated lard. "

well it's not like we eat it every day 3x a day. i don't swallow whole blocks of cheese or gobble godiva ice cream every night. rich things are fine to have so long as you have them in moderation. the body is indeed about function but it is also about enjoying the finer things in life - we're more than animal and therefore should take advantage of that. if we were made to be so basic we would live in burrows in the ground and grunt. instead, we create community, connection, and pleasure via our enjoyment of food, among other things.

you could certainly have a glass of tap water, but why not some bottled water or throw a little lemon in there. or a spartan bedsheet - but why not a lush comforter? couldn't hurt to indulge once in a while, so long as it's not the focus of your life and unhealthy.

all those beverages in my fridge have been there for a veeery long time. truthfully i've got all those beverages because my best friend can guzzle anything down in two gulps so i've got to keep her hydrated.

most of the things i buy have been in there for months and are incomplete and still in my fridge because i eat them rarely.

big fridge? please. the average american fridge is usually stuffed. mine is pretty empty, i've got room for a lot more.

hummus is good stuff but damn all those healthy vegetably things you mention lack substance. i like fruit i've just been avoiding it for a while.

I think dillane is a bit of a health freak, thmilin. Anyways Id rather gobble whole flitches of bacon, 3 year old pantyhose, somebodys rump roast, truffle strawberry papaya ice cream with donuts on top & swell up to the size of the hindenburg than eat delish hummus. (Thats like earthworm poop, isnt it? ) Like Wortle says, life is too short even if you are the size of your fridge, hahaha.

AHA, now that you have revealed where you hide your $50 Wortle, your house is in danger of being robbed by StudlyBoy, once he figures out how to get the plane fare to honolulu. WAIT, I shall ask Pigsnie, Bwahahahahaaa >>!!!$$

PS. Oooh, Ive had poi. Tastes like the glue you use in paper mache. Yummo.

jrs, oh but how you tantalize ... what more?

Originally posted by sunfrog
Frozen donuts! You can't freeze donuts, that's just evil!
Agreed! Donuts meant to be eaten HOT & GREASY! HAHA! DILLANE must be shakin his--or is it her head--by now! I forgot why I socked them away in the freezer. Now they're like rocks. But did I mention the chocolate chip cookie dough?

Originally posted by PigsnieLite
Oooh, Ive had poi. Tastes like the glue you use in paper mache. Yummo.
Its an acquired taste. But I grew up with the stuff. And I prefer it -- aged -- so there is flavor. Poi gets sour as it gets older. But FRESH--they taste like erasers.

So sour old glue tastes BETTER??? Yummmmm.

BTW, do they have balot in hawaii? Thmilin is ignorin me --SNIT!-- so I will ask my friend Wortle. Balot is a philippine duck egg thats like cooked with the duckling in it. When you open the egg, the duck fetus is inside, some times with feathers & you eat it like it is. Pigsnie thinks it tastes great. I ate one but I almost gagged becuz when I opened my balot, the cooked duckling was starin at me with its dead eye.

Just a nice story to remember when you make an omlet.