carry on movies

Tools    

In one carryon movie the actress continually spits on the floor when discussing betraying Sid James Character and when offered a spittoon says no I went before I came. I have been searching for several weeks for the scene and can't find it any ideas?

Semper Fooey
Carry On is a long running British comedy series from the late fifties through seventies that was broad comedy with smutty jokes. Except the casts had a lot of regulars like popular British comic actors like Kenneth Williams and Sid James, they had no direct connection to each other. Some were set in the army, in hospitals, or set in Rome or medieval England, etc.

Probably the only way that is going to be answered with no plot information is on a British movie forum where there are people who have those movies memorized.

"He has all the time in the world ... "
Sid James (aka Solomon Joel Cohen) was technically South African, you can often hear the Afrikaans in his accent. He came to prominence as the side-kick to the brilliant Birmingham-born comedian Tony Hancock & later eclipsed the ill-fated Hancock.

As for 'Carry On' films, I can honestly say that they are probably the unfunniest comedy films ever shot.

In answer to the OP, my guess is it's Carry on Cowboy.

Semper Fooey
Sid James (aka Solomon Joel Cohen) was technically South African, you can often hear the Afrikaans in his accent. He came to prominence as the side-kick to the brilliant Birmingham-born comedian Tony Hancock & later eclipsed the ill-fated Hancock.

As for 'Carry On' films, I can honestly say that they are probably the unfunniest comedy films ever shot.
Maybe you can hear the South African in Sid James accent, us Americans hear another Brit.

I don't think I ever sat through an entire Carry On movie, back in the sixties and seventies they would show up often on television. I'd watch it a little bit and move on. They are hardly the unfunniest. Police Academy movies have them beat.

Maybe you can hear the South African in Sid James accent, us Americans hear another Brit.
Well, it's as obvious as Ozzy Osbourne's Brummie accent to me LOL!

I don't think I ever sat through an entire Carry On movie, back in the sixties and seventies they would show up often on television. I'd watch it a little bit and move on.
I don't think anyone ever actually has sat through an entire Carry On movie.

They are hardly the unfunniest. Police Academy movies have them beat.
Oh I don't know about that. It's close though. At least the first Police Academy was OK.

Semper Fooey
Hey, Yoda, this is what a Carry On movie looks like.

&feature=related

I thought the donkey acted really well.

I'm still pretty sure it is Carry on Cowboy. I wouldn't bet a lot of money on it though. I don't think I could watch the DVD just to check either. I think that Carry on Nurse was on Freeview the other day. Luckily I avoided it.

Semper Fooey
Carry on Nurse was the only Carry On that was a huge hit in the United States. When I was little my mother would describe this naughty British comedy she saw with a nurse saying to a patient, "I've seen bigger." I assume it was either Carry on Nurse or the first Doctor movie.

Since you're pretty sure now instead of just guessing I'll rep you.

Well, I'd say it was more of a hunch than 'pretty sure'. I just have this memory of a Western style saloon with spittoons & an old woman spitting into one every time she hears that characters name. There's no way I can sit through the entire movie to check though.