Alien 5

Tools    

I See You When You're Sleeping
Alien 5 may be in the works.

Anyone got any comments on if and why this should or shouldn't be made ?

I think if it is made, it should be the final part of the saga and should end with the aliens on earth.

My life isn't written very well.
Wasn't there talk of doing a movie called Alien vs. Predator? I think there is a comic book like that.

But if "Alien 5" were to be made, I bet I can guess the plot:

A ship, or planet has suddenly lost communications with Earth. A rescue ship, endorsed by some corporation (likely a company that is involved in cloning) is sent to investigate. They reach said ship/planet and lo and behold it's been abandoned...or has it?
Slowly each main character (in reverse order of appearence) disappears, until the female lead discovers that the planet/ship has become infested with "Aliens". But not just the ordinary "Aliens"; no, these aliens look like the ones in the previous films, but the have evolved into Super "Aliens" (insert gimmick here)!
Now it is up to the female lead and the "surprise" humanoid robot to rid the planet/ship of all beasts because, come to find out, the corporation sponsoring the rescue mission really wants to bring an advanced "Alien" specimen back to earth to study unbeknownst to anyone but the robot. There's a big explosion right after the big showdown that involves a mother computer saying, "Self-destruct will begin in 10...9...8..." The female lead, if she hasn't killed herself, has managed to escape the detonation and strokes a cat or a small child in a working escape pod as the ship heads toward earth with an Alien hidden underneath the left thruster. The End?

r66-The member who always asks WHY?

... or maybe she self-destructs herself and the ship together before it reaches Earth...

I think if it's in the pipeworks, they ought to block up the pipes. Don't get me wrong, I thought 1 & 2 were great but that's it. Leave it be.

I'm not a HUGE fan of the Aliens series, but a fifth would be easy to pull off. The script has endless possibilities. Weaver does not have to return, the series is not about her, it's about the ALIENS.

If they make a fifth, It would be interesting to see who they get to direct.

Ridley Scott , James Cameron, David Fincher and Jeunet were interesting choices, and all stood out in it's own way.

Any choices for director? I nominate Terry Gilliam.

In reply to r3port3r66,

I can't believe the other scripts got through without anyone noticing the distinct similarities between them unless they took a " if it 'aint broke don't fix " approach.

I do think they will make a fith film just to end it. I just hope Vin Diesel type actors will be in it.

if...and i do say IF this movie is made...ms. weaver will only participate if it is ONLY an alien movie instead of aliens vs. preditor
she has already stated that she will not take part in an alien vs preditor movie and that if one were made then she would not take part in any alien movie again

I suppose you can sort of understand that. She might be left out of the lime light if the predator is introduced. This has taken a big segment out of her life and the films show this.

i can understand it in that aspect but then again i think she should show some consideration to the series...these movies gave her her start
if it weren't for them then she'd probably be some waitress somewhere